makhno

New Map : GOS Al Rayak

We enjoy this map as well, but would really love an update. May I ask if you're still working on it Makhno? Sure hope you do.

Hey Makhno! Really like your map, but i do have a small question: Where is the satmap from? Is Al Rayak a real terrain or is it made by yourself?

I'll certainly improve this map in the future, but right now, i'm out of spare time.

@ItsDonJon : The Satmap was created from scratch from different aerial photos.

The map itself was made in 256 greyscale format (a nice feature of good old visitor3).

The mountains, are satelite data from IDAHO heavily edited in protoshop to carve valleys, plateaux, plains (in some places, i've been a little bit heavy handed with the eraser and the blur function, and it shows....) .

If you look carefuly, you'll see that all cities are at exactly at the same altitude. That's because, I began with a flat land, then extruded the ocean and rivers( hand drown with the brush), and added the mountains.

A very good map, great effort.

Looking forward to seeing this indexed and released for ALiVE.

Does anyone know if it has been indexed yet and if so when it might be released?

A very good map, great effort.

Looking forward to seeing this indexed and released for ALiVE.

Does anyone know if it has been indexed yet and if so when it might be released?

Yup, it's been indexed. Some small villages missing, but it still works great with ALiVE.

Yup, it's been indexed. Some small villages missing, but it still works great with ALiVE.

Can you confirm please that is working for ARMA 3, I see it listed for ARMA 2 on the wiki. Thanks

Can you confirm please that is working for ARMA 3, I see it listed for ARMA 2 on the wiki. Thanks

Yup. Ran an ALiVE conventional battle on it last week.

Yup. Ran an ALiVE conventional battle on it last week.

Hi Autigergrad,

Thank you so much for your confirmation, I failed yesterday to get ALiVE working on the map but after your answer I persevered this morning and eventually discovered one spelling mistake of mine had prevented it running. Now all works great here too with ALiVE and having much fun.

I would have given up had you not convinced me it should work.

Many thanks, much appreciated.  :)

Hi Autigergrad,

Thank you so much for your confirmation, I failed yesterday to get ALiVE working on the map but after your answer I persevered this morning and eventually discovered one spelling mistake of mine had prevented it running. Now all works great here too with ALiVE and having much fun.

I would have given up had you not convinced me it should work.

Many thanks, much appreciated.  :)

No prob.

If you'd like to join us for some ALiVE missions, feel free to hit me up on Steam or here. I'd be glad to show missions I've created or share ideas. Or just shoot stuff. Lol

• Like 1

autigergrad I wouldn't mind doing a few missions with you guys just to see how you have it laid out in ALiVE...basically so I could take notes and actually copy things for the one I am working on to see if they work for our community. Plus I am always up for a quality mission setting.

autigergrad I wouldn't mind doing a few missions with you guys just to see how you have it laid out in ALiVE...basically so I could take notes and actually copy things for the one I am working on to see if they work for our community. Plus I am always up for a quality mission setting.

Absolutely man. Always up for new guys in our missions.

Hit me up on Steam: AuburnAlumni

realy loving this island     one question though   could you highten the mountain range on the map edge (north east) a little bit that way when departing the big airfield you dont see the barren map edges so much 

edit   FOUND A BUG ! (possibly) 

when using addon vehicles  the sand colored main roads (the bigger ones not the small dirt roads)  seem to be holding cars back on speed to much .bringing them slowly to a complete stop and refusing them to start driving at all when starting on one of those roads.

when encountering one of those roads ,one is better off going off road before the car come to a halt  as driving trough grass is even working better 

vanilla vehicles seems not to be afected (do have to investigateforther  but the off road and ATV do work on those roads)

i understand he fact a car has some dificultys driving on sand roads but the way it is now it's not possible to get even from town to town with a decent car 

nobody knows anything about the problem above ? 

This island appears to be no longer actively developed. Not much to do about it.

This island appears to be no longer actively developed. Not much to do about it.

grrr.... that was not the asnwer i was looking for  :P 

Its a problem with surface friction on config. Check your cfg and find something like speed coeficient related to surfaces. Im not sure now, i can confirm tomorrow at home

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Its a problem with surface friction on config. Check your cfg and find something like speed coeficient related to surfaces. Im not sure now, i can confirm tomorrow at home

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

going to check it out   thanks in advance  :) 

It's more likely a problem with the config of the roads themselves, which I 'm not in a position to fix as they are provided by another addon.

I Use All In arma, and i didn't run into this kind of problems.

The surfaces which I made/Setup have fairly low movement resistance parameters,  to avoid snail like vehicles while driving offroad.

Which addon are you using for the objects ? All in Arma ?

Which vehicle do you use when having this problem ?

For the mountains, well I agree with you that those edges are a pain to the eye, but I ruled this out as it would also mean very steep aproach angle when coming from the east.

I didn't upload anything on the Steam Workshop.

Looks like Mr Falcon911 took initiatives.....

I didn't upload anything on the Steam Workshop.

Looks like Mr Falcon911 took initiatives.....

There is now another workshop version uploaded by "LT.W Dickman". I take it that isn't you either? ;)

Any plans to update to eliminate the AllinArma requirement and go with CUP as AiA is no longer being maintained or developed further?

• Like 2

You can use CUP without any modification.

We've switched to CUP a couple months ago and so far, no problems.