makhno

New Map : GOS Al Rayak

I'm pleased to present my latest terrain for Arma 3 : Al Rayak.

The map is 20 x 20 km, and aims at loosely representing a middle eastern country.

Main features :

40 km of coastline, 7 cities, 3 seaports, 2 main rivers, 4 airfields, about 100 villages, many bridges, and far more trees than would be here in reality.

The vegetation is mostly a placeholder and will be updated in the future. I also plan to add many rock formations to give the whole area a more arid and mountaineous feeling.

Presentation Video :

ALRK1.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/15/1428532667-2015-04-08-00021.jpg (657 kB)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/15/1428532533-2015-04-08-00004.jpg (599 kB)

Download :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/34f2zk0mjj2517e/%40AlRayakV0043.rar

Changelog:

V0043:

Fix for grid/gps coordinates.

V0041:

Removes dependancies to BRG_Africa.

V004:

Redone the whole config to cope with patch 1.60.

modified ground textures and clutter accordingly.

v003:

Corrected ground textures to use new BIS rendering tech.

Dependencies :
CUP Core and CUP Terrains

Credits & Thanks:
Jones and Sgt Fuller for coming up with the idea for this map, and providing valuable information and advice.
The All in Arma team.
HOMJ whose RoadPainter saved many hours of road placement.
Shezan74 for worldTools.

Author's Website :

http://www.clan-gos.fr

Edited by makhno
  • Like 2

I'm very excited to set up a quick scenario on this terrain! From the preview vid, this has sort of a Thirsk feel to it. Is this island based off an existing locale, a fictitous place, or is this purely imagined, planned and executed by you?

Them screens look really nice, very nice work :)

New mod v0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

FSF Al Rayak v001

required_addons.png

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP)

Isla Duala A3 (only need Ibr_Dtowns.pbo and Ibr_Plants.pbo)

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: is it Isla Duala A3 or Isla Duala (so the version released for Arma 2 which is required?

Another great looking map from Mahkno ! Thanks

looking forward to try this out , and i hope it get indexed in alive mod

Looks excellent! I really like the way you imagined modern architecture on the same island as older, more traditional variations. Downloading now, eager to start exploring! :D

Thanks, that looks great, just hope the AI can cross the bridges :)

I feel I may be being stupid but Isla Duala A3 doesn't contain these required addons only the A2 version. Perhaps ask Icebreakr if you can pack up the map with these included?

Argh,good point.

The arma 2 version should work, it's the one i'm using.

Argh,good point.

The arma 2 version should work, it's the one i'm using.

Yup works fine - Armaholic page will need updating but I'm sure Icebreakr wouldn't mind you asking.

PS Great map by the way - gives for some very varied engagements and conflicts :)

Makhno

What a Great map, all your Airports also work great for AI takeoff and Landing. This map should work great for many of the missions out there to be ported to by mission makers. The only challenge is finding the Ibr PBO's, hope you can work that out with IceBreakr

Well Done!

Edited by vengeance1

Great looking map for first release. I think it has its own niche honestly :)

Anyone else get this error when you try to preview with empty units. I'm trying to make a Template for my unit to play but I can preview....I can't find anything on google to solve it.

rr8h94.jpg

Nice island! But a quick test it looks a little bit pale...

@korea115 : it's a typo error I made in the config. I thought I had this correctet, but obvously Not.

Also, I just realized that all the buildings i used from Ibr_* should also available through AiA, so i'm working on replacing them.

Bit confused!!

Want to run this but confused by the earlier comments so can someone clarify!

the required add on files (.pbo) are they in arma 2 or 3 Isla Duala ?(cant find them in the ARMA3 version and don't use ARMA2.........) - do you need just drop the .pbo files into this ones addon folder?

Also someone said they were in AiA which I do have installed?

This might be stating the obvious but why can't they just been included in the download file?

Just launch this mod along with Isla Duala enabled and you should be good to go...

This a really good map. It has an interesting feel to it, similar to Clafghan, but with out the soul destroying mountains. Great Job!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!