Sign in to follow this  

bGczmHI.jpg
Add-on for WW4 Extended, an unofficial expansion for WW4 v2.5 (by Sanctuary)

Requirements

Download

v1.1

0cCLXOV.png - https://www.mediafire.com/download/6w738syn3o2mgdg/WW4EXT_CW_v11.zip

OFPR mirror: ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WW4EXT_CW_v11.zip

Hotfix

0cCLXOV.png - https://www.mediafire.com/download/eozc382t51oe4v1/WW4EXT_CW_v111_mission.zip

Cold War is now also bundled in the new WW4 Extended installer.

You can find download links here if you want an automated, no hassle, way to install all this.

Manual installation
Shortcut method

• Delete any previous installation of this expansion (by deleting the WW4EXT_CW folder)
  • Decompress the zip file and place the WW4EXT_CW folder inside your ARMA Cold War Assault one.
  • Create a shortcut of the ColdWarAssault.exe file.
  • Right click on the new shortcut and click on Properties.
  • In the Properties window add the following line in the Target text field, just after the path to ColdWarAssault.exe : -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH;WW4EXT_CW;
  • Use the new shortcut to launch the game.

Steam method
If you don't want to use shortcuts and use the Steam version:

• Delete any previous installation of this expansion (by deleting the WW4EXT_CW folder)
  • Decompress the zip file and place the WW4EXT_CW folder inside your ARMA Cold War Assault one .
  • In your games list right click on Arma: Cold War Assault and select Properties.
  • In the Properties window click on the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... button.
  • Write this in the text field: -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH;WW4EXT_CW;
  • Click OK. Click Close. Click Play.

If you want to skip the OFP intro you can add -nosplash before the -mod line, like this:
-nosplash -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH;WW4EXT_CW;

Editor Categories
You can find the units and vehicles in:
West

• WW4 EXT/US Cold War/Rifle
  • WW4 EXT/US Cold War/Recon
  • WW4 EXT/US Cold War/SOF
  • WW4 EXT/US Cold War/SOF/Rangers
  • WW4 EXT/US Cold War/Vehicles
  • WW4 EXT/US Cold War/SOF/Vehicles

East

• WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Rifle
  • WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Spetsnaz
  • WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Vehicles

Resistance

• WW4 EXT/Guerrilla Cold War
  • WW4 EXT/Guerrilla Cold War/Vehicles

You can also find pre-made groups with those units in the GROUPS (F2) window.

Changelog

v1.1

• FIX: Fixed ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout
  • FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
  • FIX: Changed class names for guerrilla units from WW4EXT_BISRiflemanR, etc to WW4EXT_GUECWRifleman, etc. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
  • CHANGE: Updated armor values of infantry with the new values
  • CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible

Credits

• Sanctuary (WW4!)
  • krzychuzokecia (help on several aspects for v1 release)
  • Apocalypse83 (feedback and testing)
Edited by kenoxite
patch 1.0.2;added mirror

Wonderful ! I must say i wasn't expecting this. Did you include the material thingy ?

Yes, all EXT related things have now the new materials defined and enabled.

Yes, all EXT related things have now the new materials defined and enabled.

Great. Have the "trees" materials changed since the previous OFPmaterials release ?

@JdB: Thanks again for the mirror! (and all the rest!)

@ProfTournesol: Yes, it has the new tweaked vegetation material properties. I have yet to update the OFP materials thread with the updated version. Right now my hands are full with the remaining tweaks and fixes for EXT v1. Meanwhile, you can use the ofp_matdef_core.pbo found in main EXT if you want.

Patch 1.0.1 released!

Changelog:

v1.0.1
Infantry
FIX: Off-duty BDU and BDU desert units should be working again
Other
NEW: Material definitions for CW units

Edited by kenoxite
updated changelog

The latest patch included a glitched binarized version of the DBDU unit. I also forgot to redirect in EXT material definitions pbo the BDU, KLMK and other textures used now only in CW.

I've updated the patch with a fixed version of the mentioned unit. It also contains a new pbo that includes material definitions for the CW units. Download link is the same, but you should download the file again if you did so before this post.

@JdB: Thanks again for all the mirrors. Could you please reupload the fixed patch, please? Sorry for all the hassle :)

@JdB: Thanks again for all the mirrors. Could you please reupload the fixed patch, please? Sorry for all the hassle :)

Deleted all of your WW4 releases out of spite ... err I mean I replaced the old file :o

Some units don't have any wound textures.

East/WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Rifle/KLMK/ Rifleman is one of them.

There was the same problem as with the materials: the texture paths weren't updated.

Use this patch to have wounds visible again. I'll release a proper one this weekend which will include this and any other fix for bugs reported during this week: https://www.mediafire.com/download/wn4g7scaf9atan6/WW4EXT_CW_patch_RC1.zip

Thanks for reporting!

Patch 1.0.2 released!

More info and download links on the first post.

Changelog:

v1.0.2
Infantry
FIX: Wound textures should now be visible for all infantry units
Vehicles
FIX: BTR-80 and T-72 no longer overwrite Russian army equivalents

WW4 Extended: Cold War has been updated to v1.1
More info and download links in the first post.

Changelog

v1.1

• FIX: Fixed ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout
  • FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
  • FIX: Changed class names for guerrilla units from WW4EXT_BISRiflemanR, etc to WW4EXT_GUECWRifleman, etc. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
  • CHANGE: Updated armor values of infantry with the new values
  • CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible

Having problems with the tripod machineguns here. For example, The WW4EXT_tripodPKM has very high dispersion when fired by AI gunners so that they can't hit anything.

The vehicle WW4EXT_tripodNSV does not fire at enemies at all...

Both to be found in the vehicleClass "WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Vehicles".

The HMGs on WEST and GUER sides have the same exaggerated AI dispersion. The static MGs from the WW4EXT_Veh pack are also affected (apart from M2 variants)

As far as I was able to track the ammo down in the configs the PKM uses WW4EXT_PKMFOXAMMO which inherits from Bullet7_6 but I can't find any dispersion or recoil definition in any of the superclasses.

I've removed the weapons and magazines from the PKM and added the "Browning" weapon and magazine instead from the "M2 Machinegun (East)" (vehicleClass "East-> Armored") and the AI gunner lights up his targets like a charm. I think I have the latest version installed.