evil koala

Blurry 2D Reticles

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 2D scopes are blurry if texture quality is not set to at least very high. I wish this was changed that it didn't get blurry even on low quality

• Like 1

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 2D scopes are blurry if texture quality is not set to at least very high.

Even when set to Very High, 2D reticle textures and the textures on 3D models in the viewPilot LOD can get mipmapped down to low-res, rather than staying at their highest mipmap level.

Once they're mipmapped down, first-person objects don't seem to be able to go back up to full resolution unless you flush memory by changing texture settings or something like that. Which is a bit odd since you'd think they'd have priority over distant objects in the scene, that are able to transition between high and low mipmaps depending on how close you get to them.

So it's a VRAM issue? I've always wondered why they are sometimes blurry and sometimes perfectly focused.

I believe so, since in my experience the first-person mipmapping happens a lot more frequently with assets that use large 4096 textures than ones that use smaller 2048 textures.