Sign in to follow this  
mannyrecon

Couple problems with weapon resting/deployment

I noticed two things off the bat:

1) When prone and I deploy bipod, I "sink" into the ground a few inches. Is this happening for anyone else?

2) The 'deploy bipod' is supposed to reduce weapon sway, but the scope is swaying exactly the same than if I wasn't deploying the bipod while prone. The only noticeable stance where weapon sway is reduced is if i'm up against a wall or window.

Yeah, I kinda felt like the bipod made less of a difference in prone (more sway), whereas resting my weapon on a surface made it almost perfectly still.

I also noticed that in the virtual arsenal mode, if I prop a machine gun on a surface and unleash 100+ rounds on an armored target (3rd person), my camera angel gets messed up.

Noticed this as well but the killer for me is watching my arc slowly move to the right with every shot I take, by the end of 100round mag on the LMG it has moved so far you need to redeploy the bipod. I would have liked to have seen a little less sway and recoil when using the bipod as well but that is something I suppose I can live with.

+1 OP and 3 AusCleaver post.

New resting/deploy system is good, but this is dev or final? this seems an alpha version.

I hope and trust that BIS will release in a few days a patch that fix these and many other bugs that have been introduced.

Yup, every shot while deployed moves my aim to the right.

What a disappointment, even the single core feature, which was the most expected one, bipods, is broken on release... Excellent job...

Makes you wonder, what were they even looking at while testing ? I mean, I needed two shots to notice the moving aim bug, two shots.

Yup, every shot while deployed moves my aim to the right.

What a disappointment, even the single core feature, which was the most expected one, bipods, is broken on release... Excellent job...

Makes you wonder, what were they even looking at while testing ? I mean, I needed two shots to notice the moving aim bug, two shots.

Well congratulations. Download the devbranch and actively participate in testing of future versions of the game. With your excellent skills of perception I'm sure such future issue can be avoided.

I've not experienced the aim-shift issue, but I only really use weapons I've made for the game, so perhaps my addons are "broken" (in so much as they don't display the default behaviour).

Oh, so it's my fault that this feature is broken on release, not the people who are paid to work on this game? How could I forget, BIS is flawless, there are no problems, everything is working as designed.

07-minister.jpg

Oh, so it's my fault that this feature is broken on release, not the people who are paid to work on this game? How could I forget, BIS is flawless, there are no problems, everything is working as designed.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

lol. (Is now a bad time to mention your avatar looks like him, and as such your post, while as sarcastic as mine, actually looks more like an actual announcement, than it does a sarcastic retort?

I'm not saying BI are perfect, nor am I saying their releases are perfect. However, what annoys me is people moaning and slagging BI off when they themselves don't actively participate in testing and using the devbranch to help develop a better game.

+1 OP and 3 AusCleaver post.

New resting/deploy system is good, but this is dev or final? this seems an alpha version.

I hope and trust that BIS will release in a few days a patch that fix these and many other bugs that have been introduced.

In the development branch still fixing bugs in almost everything, so this is not final version of anything. :outtahere: :icon_mrgreen:

Arma 3 is a game that has no end version will continue developing until next ARMA PROFESSIONAL Simulator 4.0. :rofl::f:

Its not like people didn't report the bugs on dev branch, they did. Of course BI released a different version of code to what was in the development branch anyway, so its not like anyone actually got to test that version of the code outside of BI. Thus they are responsible for it.

All the bugs (sinking into the ground, recoil bugs and how insane how apparent it now is, reload bugs, shifting aim + many more) were reported, they just weren't fixed, they released it anyway.

lol.

I'm not saying BI are perfect, nor am I saying their releases are perfect. However, what annoys me is people moaning and slagging BI off when they themselves don't actively participate in testing and using the devbranch to help develop a better game.

Uhm, if someone wants to help the devs in testing the game, that's his own decision, and good luck to him, but it's not as if all players are forced to do so, which you are implying. I payed for this game (product) and I think I'm allowed as a customer to at least give an honest critique once in a while, if some of the features are not working properly, especially if they were advertised as the next best thing.

I'm really interested to know if your logic applies to all the things you do in your life. When you buy a car, and some parts are broken from the start, do you say "Oh well, I should probably go to the Ford's factory and help those guys out, no way I should call customer support and ask for them to fix it" ?

@BrightCandle

Thanks for mentioning that, that goes to prove my point even further. It's not us customers who should fix this game for the devs, it's the other way around.

Edited by il_padrino

I'm really interested to know if your logic applies to all the things you do in your life. When you buy a car, and some parts are broken from the start, do you say "Oh well, I should probably go to the Ford's factory and help those guys out, no way I should call customer support and ask for them to fix it" ?

Not since the court-order barring me from entering the factory. Apparently its "trespassing".

Its not like people didn't report the bugs on dev branch, they did. Of course BI released a different version of code to what was in the development branch anyway, so its not like anyone actually got to test that version of the code outside of BI. Thus they are responsible for it.

Not in Jackal's world, that much is clear.

I think I'll skip on purchasing this for now, it only seems to be meant to fatten BI's pockets once again. There's plenty of unresolved bugs in the base game but most of the fixes in the changelogs lately are Marksmen related and it's still broken on release.

lol. (Is now a bad time to mention your avatar looks like him, and as such your post, while as sarcastic as mine, actually looks more like an actual announcement, than it does a sarcastic retort?

No offence but In fairness jackle, from your replys here, you are at risk of developing fan boi arthritis, it cripples any point you make.

Making out its peoples fault for not opting to dev test is a poor Excuse for a point. Nobody dev testing can account for bugs "on release" or still present in "release" thats dev territory.

That said, the release Has bugs, that is fact. it happens. Was not done on purpose to get on peoples nerves. Just requires a little fix time.

Not in Jackal's world, that much is clear.

I think I'll skip on purchasing this for now, it only seems to be meant to fatten BI's pockets once again. There's plenty of unresolved bugs in the base game but most of the fixes in the changelogs lately are Marksmen related and it's still broken on release.

What a dreadful attitude. BIS releases a cool set of features that fans have been begging for since long before Arma 3 even came out, and they get this nonsense in return. You don't have to buy Marksmen to get the new features like bipods, resting and the new sound improvements, so it's totally redundant to say you won't buy it because there are some minor bugs, unrelated to DLC content, that will obviously be fixed in the coming weeks.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

What a dreadful attitude. BIS releases a cool set of features that fans have been begging for since long before Arma 3 even came out, and they get this nonsense in return. You don't have to buy Marksmen to get the new features like bipods, resting and the new sound improvements, so it's totally redundant to say you won't buy it because there are some minor bugs, unrelated to DLC content, that will obviously be fixed in the coming weeks.

I'm with you.What is free people seem to often think is done within a day while reality is they spend about 4 months on protoyping coding and refining

weapon deployment.And then people comment as "finally" or number of snarky remarks which is not as empathic as I would like to.

When they announced marksman DLC my community was joyfully excited about finally getting decent marksmanship ballistics, ie windage elevation and maybe even temperature and other variances that would make shooting predictable but skillfull. The reality is they reimplemented a load of features we have had in mods for Arma 3 for a year, it actually doesn't bring any new capabilities. The one thing we really needed them to implement they didn't, the stuff they chose to implement has been working well for a year. What they release is really buggy, to the point where we might rollback that is a shocking problem.

I just don't agree that they have rolled out something important with this release for marksmanship, they actually seemed to have missed the thing that actually mattered in marksmanship. You get a better experience on the previous version of the game with mods. Yes it wasn't in vanilla, but considering how long this took, how many other issues their are with the base game (performance is always a problem has been since release and remains so) I can't see the value in what they did. We are literally taking steps backwards in sound and deployment and marksmanship in general because what they did was break the mods and what they gave us was worse. Its not like the feedback didn't get delivered with the quality of what had been produced, the bugs were reported they just weren't acted on.

I am genuinely thinking BI really can't produce working software, it doesn't appear to know how.

So, did you miss the 'for now' part of my reply? I know how BI's DLC strategy works so I know I have access to bipods and what not. I'm just fed up with a lot of stuff being 'broken' when there is really no reason for it other than shoddy testing / development. And it's not redundant saying I won't buy it (at the moment) as in buying the DLC I'll be supporting BI no? I'm waiting to see what the expansion is going to bring as I'm more interested in that than I am in marksmen stuff.

You get a better experience on the previous version of the game with mods.

You need mods to have such experience.Nothing beats vannila features which everyone has.No mods implemented

physical bipods, neither arcs of fire, and corresponding animations so personally Bipods in A3 beat weapon resting from mods.

No offence but In fairness jackle, from your replys here, you are at risk of developing fan boi arthritis, it cripples any point you make.
lol,so true....in every thread is coming such nosense of him..... haha

Bipods in A3 beat weapon resting from mods.

Except when they're broken.On release.After all the bugs were already found in the dev version but for some reason weren't fixed :j:

Except when they're broken.On release.After all the bugs were already found in the dev version but for some reason weren't fixed :j:

Do you have hope that they will be fixed however?You and I know that arma 3 is doing iterative process.

EDIT:What are yours problematic parts of bipods right now?

yes 1 year to fix the T100 problems..............

You need mods to have such experience.Nothing beats vannila features which everyone has.No mods implemented

physical bipods, neither arcs of fire, and corresponding animations so personally Bipods in A3 beat weapon resting from mods.

No it isn't. Try the VQI specter mod, zero sway when prone 24/7. Also for bipods and animations, trixies sniper mod works. Put these two mods together and you have what the marksman DLC should have been

Edited by MannyRecon

Why shoudn't deployed rifles jump abit when fired? Bipods aren't bolted to the ground.

I'm still figuring out this new system. It's a real game changer --recoil is a trip.

On a side note, i'm sure many of our sniper friends were expecting 'point & click' kills ..., judging by the butthurt:)