Theodor Schmidt

Defence module mission help

Hello, I've been trying yo set up a mission for my Arma 3 unit, and I have resolved to use the Defence module. After setting everything up an previewing the mission it came up with "No curator synced to 'defence' module". After some research I saw that you needed Zeus to make this mission type work. However I dont want it to be controlled by a person, I wanted the game itself to spawn one of the possible unit. And my question you is: Is there a work around to allow the game to act as the 'curator' or 'zeus'?

FYI All the editing I have done is within the game. I have not delved into the game folders for this mission yet.

Is there no work around at all? or will I have to have a zeus? and finally are BI planning to fix it?

Is there no work around at all? or will I have to have a zeus? and finally are BI planning to fix it?

It does work. I just loaded up Defend Kamino and was attacked by AI within a couple of minutes. No Zeus involved.

The problem is, the Defend module is so poorly documented that no one (outside BIS) knows how it works.

How do I load up the old defend Kamino mission? and will I possibly be able to load it up in the editor?

Multiplayer - New - OK - ZvP 10+1 Defend Kamino

There is a way to extract missions from the game files, but someone wiser than I will have to explain.....

Arma3\Curator\Addons\missions_f_curator.pbo is where the Defend missions are.

After loading BIS defence mission I copied it into mine for testing. I proceeded to preview it with only the defence module bits that BIS had used (I deleted everything of mine). No pop up appeared but no soldier did either

Update!

While watching a youtube video, I saw a comment giving a solution, I asked the person how to exactly do it and he sent me this

http://i.imgur.com/oVo83kh.jpg

It works, kind of. I am no longer getting "no curatored synced". However units still wont spawn.

Edited by TWking

While watching a youtube video, I saw a comment giving a solution, I asked the person how to exactly do it and he sent me this

It works, kind of. I am no longer getting "no curatored synced". However units still wont spawn.

I think that's the pre-Zeus version of Defend.

You know what would be great? Demo missions for Defend, Sector Control, etc. that actually go through step-by-step how to build your own versions.....

This looks like something I would like, but do not understand the picture. Is there a simple defend mode out there, I cannot find anything.

Yes, I cannot remember how. I will dig up the mission in time. The only problem was. It would only use vanilla A3 units, not mod unit

Yes, I cannot remember how. I will dig up the mission in time. The only problem was. It would only use vanilla A3 units, not mod unit

Vanilla is great. I have done a lot of research today, ant I got it to somewhat work, but now I cant decide what comes at what wave. An attack heli spawned in at the first wave etc.

After loading BIS defence mission I copied it into mine for testing. I proceeded to preview it with only the defence module bits that BIS had used (I deleted everything of mine). No pop up appeared but no soldier did either

Update!

I tried too using that image with the Zeus stuff and I can't get any AI to spawn. Those of you who got AI to spawn at all, what did you do? 

If you use that picture as a guide then you need to name the defence module "bis_mission" and add a line to the initServer to setup how many rounds before you can call the evac heli.
Here is a very basic setup to get it going.

• Like 1

@ UberRogue thanks for sharing with us. I love BIS with all my heart for the entertainment they have provided me over the last decade playing OFP-ARMA however there inability to provided basic reliable information/directions how to use some of the game functions like this. Why can't they just give us basic sample PBO mission using the game functions so all can just UNpbo it and look at the mission for the setup.  :wacko: 

@ larrow justed looked at the demo you posted. Very easy to setup now lol however is there a way to not have the mission to end after the last wave or is that something build into the defence module. I would love to have multiple hot spots on a map using a squad to hop around the map helping to defend multiple locations in a mission. I don't know if that is possible using the defence module. 

The "ending" would be when the evac helo is called.  If you successfully get evaced the game ends. If the helo blows up then it goes into final stand mode and when the wave ends its game over as well. You could also use a separate trigger to end the game if you wanted to like a timer or something.

As to why the documentation is poor, I have no idea. I found lots of tutorials on the old way of doing it but none on the new way of doing it. Now I am tackling Seize which is even worse as far as documentation. At least in Defense i was able to guess my way through most of it.

This is how I got it to work:

I got it working but I have a question, how to make vehicles or armors to spawn as enemy ? placing empty vehicle ? cuz it dosen't seem like going to spawn 

How do you remove and/or hide the trigger makers until units enter the defense area?

This guy seamed to figure it out but I can't get it to work.

Original Post By Revo: HERE

The simplest way would be to hide all markers and display they once the trigger has been activated.

init.sqf

If (isServer) then
{
{_x setMarkerAlpha 0} forEach allMapMarkers;
};
In the trigger which activates the defend module put:

{_x setMarkerAlpha 1} forEach allMapMarkers;

However, if you only want to hide those to markers, and not every marker you would need to do it as follows:

init.sqf

if (isServer) then
{
yourMarker = ["marker1","marker2"]; //all the marker you don't want to hide
markerModules = allMapMarkers - yourMarker; //seperate the markers you want to hide from the ones you don't want to
{_x setMarkerAlpha 0} forEach markerModules; //hide all unwanted markers
};
In the trigger which activates the defend module put:

{_x setMarkerAlpha 1} forEach markerModules; //show all markers once the module has been activated

I hope I could help you.