Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Crazy sniper!

Its called Scapegoating. They dont want to blame the military, so blame something else instead! hey look, TV and games have killing, lets blame them everytime someone goes nuts! That way they can be sued, and the real culprit will get away scott-free! Although you have to admit, TV and games can influence people, but they cannot train them to the standard of the sniper that this thread is about.

What people continue to refuse to realise is that some people are just fucked up, and no amount of anger management and sensitivity courses are going to change that.

Yes, people are born different. But you calling them "fucked up" is just a matter of context. They're "fucked up" in the context of the modern society, but in the context of some other society, they might be the best of men.

Let's say our fucked up hero of a sniper had been born to the ancient Rome for example. He'd maybe be a gladiator, brutally slaughtering other men on the Colosseum. He'd be the hero of the people, who would cheer him and look up to him because of his ability to kill without remorse. High-class women would pay gold to get to screw with him. Or maybe he would be a soldier killing "barbarians" in the neverending wars of expansion Rome had. His killer instinct would benefit his society.

What if our sniper character had been born to a clan of early Homo Sapiens? He would be the champion of the clan, endlessly looting, raping and killing the neighboring clans and thus being beneficial for his own clan.

But here he is, our seriously twisted hero. Born into the modern society. He maybe went to receive military training, maybe he was a police. But although this training provided him with the means to kill, he was not provided with targets. And yet inside him, the urge to take lives he was born with was strong. In the end, he followed that urge. In the end, we label him "fucked up".

Now that I thought about it, the actions of our fucked up hero the sniper are still ultimately beneficial for even our modern society, because criminal activity promotes change and prevents stagnation. If there was no crime, it would mean that everybody always follows the rules. If everybody always followed the rules, there wouldn't ever be any new ideas around, good or bad. Disobedience is the root of all great or horrible ideas. Disobedience is also the root of crime. Thus they are inseparable and I doubt that one can be rooted out without rooting out the other as well.

A very good practical example of what I said above is the comparison of the 9/11-upheaval to efforts of pollution reduction. 9/11 was a fine example of a bunch of people breaking a bunch of rules in a very spectacular manner. And a lot of change has emerged as a result of their actions. Unfortunately the results seem to be U.S. rampaging around the world on their little crusade, but stagnation has definitely been prevented.

Now compare this to the ever continuing efforts of agreeing on anything having to do with pollution reduction. Continuing pollution has the potential of totally ending our civilization. But since this threat does not spring from criminal activity (no blame game is possible), nobody agrees on anything. No change is made. Meanwhile we are stagnated to continuing our little pollution thingy.

My worry at the moment is that they're just going to go into hiding now that everyone is looking for them. And when the search is over, they will strike again to cause another fuss. God knows how many times this process would be repeated until they finally get caught?

Hmm, driver and shooter? That sounds like Sniper and Spotter to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they were both very well trained in firearms and have had prior experience with working together as a team.

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 07 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What people continue to refuse to realise is that some people are just fucked up, and no amount of anger management and sensitivity courses are going to change that.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, some people can be labeled like that, so they should not recieve training to kill, nor should they have access to weapons.

I think you can agree on that. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ Oct. 07 2002,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My worry at the moment is that they're just going to go into hiding now that everyone is looking for them. And when the search is over, they will strike again to cause another fuss. God knows how many times this process would be repeated until they finally get caught?<span id='postcolor'>

If he's killing because he has a compulsion to kill then most likely he won't be able to stop unless he's forced to, that tends to be the way most serial killers are, which this guy clearly is. His MO is simply more professional than your average Dahmer and Bundy etc. But he's still the same as them.

Well it looks like he may have struck another victim. 13 year old boy being dropped off at school by his aunt, earlier today.

Investigation on caliber going on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CTV News Staff

A 13-year-old teen is in critical condition after being shot outside a Maryland school today. There is no word on whether the attack is linked to a shooting spree in the same area that claimed six lives last week.

"At this time, we do not know for certain that this case is related to any other case that has occurred recently in the Washington metropolitan area," Prince George's police chief Gerald Wilson told a news conference just hours after the shooting.

The teen was hit at 8wow.gif9 a.m. ET, just after his aunt dropped him off Benjamin Tasker middle school in Bowie, Maryland, Wilson said. The aunt noticed the boy was slumped over and when she walked over to him, he said he had been shot.

<span id='postcolor'>

and we cant have all this without a crackpot conspiracy smile.gif

It could be an evil attempt by some faction or other to give more ammo for pro-gun control groups to ban firearms by carrying out an action such as this wow.gif or anything else i can think up tounge.gif

plus we`re probably not getting the full story anyway in a vague way like whenever a robbery is stopped by a civilian they news always says it was stopped by an off duty policeman whether it was or not like when the french president got shot at.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Oct. 07 2002,10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, people are born different. But you calling them "fucked up" is just a matter of context. They're "fucked up" in the context of the modern society, but in the context of some other society, they might be the best of men.<span id='postcolor'>

Just my opinion, but regardless of when this drone may have been born, I have a hard time imagining him as anything other than a complete weasel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Oct. 07 2002,10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's funny how the public tends to blame new things like games and TV, when somebody goes ballistic. Nobody blames institutions like the armed forces, which teaches people to kill real people with real guns with maximum efficiency.<span id='postcolor'>

One difference to keep in mind is that we're not trained to kill for "fun."

(Not pickin' on ya Oligo; some folks are just more fun to bicker with.  wink.gif )

On to my next point: I'll preface by saying that I have no idea what kind of ranges were involved here, but since it's an urban setting I'd guess a couple hundred meters at most. Believe it or not, a person wouldn't have to be Natty frickin' Bumppo to make those shots, assuming he has a properly zeroed 'scope. On a stationary target, a headshot at 100 meters is a piece of cake. It's too early to conclude that the shooter is a rogue SWAT sniper or Delta trooper when he could just as easily be a punk kid with his dad's deer rifle. Not saying that's the case, but the media tends to overplay the "expert marksman" angle whenever the perp seems to know which end of the gun the projectile comes out of.

A quick question: Have any witness accounts mentioned hearing any of these shots? So far, I haven't seen any.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 07 2002,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Oct. 07 2002,10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, people are born different. But you calling them "fucked up" is just a matter of context. They're "fucked up" in the context of the modern society, but in the context of some other society, they might be the best of men.<span id='postcolor'>

Just my opinion, but regardless of when this drone may have been born, I have a hard time imagining him as anything other than a complete weasel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Oct. 07 2002,10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's funny how the public tends to blame new things like games and TV, when somebody goes ballistic. Nobody blames institutions like the armed forces, which teaches people to kill real people with real guns with maximum efficiency.<span id='postcolor'>

One difference to keep in mind is that we're not trained to kill for "fun."

(Not pickin' on ya Oligo; some folks are just more fun to bicker with.  wink.gif )

On to my next point: I'll preface by saying that I have no idea what kind of ranges were involved here, but since it's an urban setting I'd guess a couple hundred meters at most. Believe it or not, a person wouldn't have to be Natty frickin' Bumppo to make those shots, assuming he has a properly zeroed 'scope. On a stationary target, a headshot at 100 meters is a piece of cake. It's too early to conclude that the shooter is a rogue SWAT sniper or Delta trooper when he could just as easily be a punk kid with his dad's deer rifle. Not saying that's the case, but the media tends to overplay the "expert marksman" angle whenever the perp seems to know which end of the gun the projectile comes out of.

A quick question: Have any witness accounts mentioned hearing any of these shots? So far, I haven't seen any.

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

yea i agree, we won't know till the who ever it is is caught, its not totally far fetched that it could be somebody who got the skill from hunting rabits or birds.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NOT Red Oct @ Oct. 07 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A quick question: Have any witness accounts mentioned hearing any of these shots? So far, I haven't seen any.<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I have heard...

In the last shooting (13 year old), the woman only noticed the teenager was shot when she noticed he was "slumped over". So she did not hear a thing before that.

We are dealing with a fair range in that case or maybe supressor.

It isn't so much his marksmanship that makes me wonder, as his discretion. He shoots 4 people, then he leaves the state. Just like that. He isnt trying to make a statement, he's just trying to kill as many people as possible without being caught.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 07 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It isn't so much his marksmanship that makes me wonder, as his discretion. He shoots 4 people, then he leaves the state. Just like that. He isnt trying to make a statement, he's just trying to kill as many people as possible without being caught.<span id='postcolor'>

No no, nobody actually knows if he left the state in the long pause between shootings.(correct me if there is some evidence) He might have been hiding under someones nose. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 07 2002,22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 07 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A quick question: Have any witness accounts mentioned hearing any of these shots? So far, I haven't seen any.<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I have heard...

In the last shooting (13 year old), the woman only noticed the teenager was shot when she noticed he was "slumped over".  So she did not hear a thing before that.

We are dealing with a fair range in that case or maybe supressor.<span id='postcolor'>

lol BN880 you quoted something that i didn't say, E6Hotel said that not me biggrin.gif had me confused for a minute.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 07 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol BN880 you quoted something that i didn't say, E6Hotel said that not me biggrin.gif had me confused for a minute.<span id='postcolor'>

ROGER

snipping error, changed now, have a look.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ROGER @ Oct. 07 2002,23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snipping error, changed now, have a look..<span id='postcolor'>

Yes mods, I will secure the happiness now.

Semper Fi

Latest reports say that the school shooting has been ballistically linked to the other shootings and that a shot was heard. That's a (small) relief; someone who had the skill/resources to build/acquire a suppressor would worry me more.

Semper Fi

i heard about that on the radio not to long ago, whata same.

The thing with this guy and this locale is that with very short travel times, he can hit three different states. And each state/county generally has its own jurisdiction. Hopefully there arent a lot of semi professional games going on with the various law enforecement agencies.

I totally agree with E6Hotel that it's easy to peg these as the acts of some sort of 'marksman', but i know from personal experience how easy it is to hit something at the 100 yard range. I was shooting 2-3 groups when I was 13-14 with my dad's Ruger #1 in 7mm. the thing was deadly accurate. And I am not really exceptional.

It should be interesting to see how this all falls out. No matter who this is, its pretty obvious that they have a screw loose somewhere. You can spout off about 'Ancient Warrior Spirit' and all sorts of boogical imperatives...but in the end, this is not acceptable behaviour in todays world.

all after school activities cancelled today... we aren't even allowed to go outside AT ALL during the school day because of this. i hope this guy is caught soon before he does anymore damage to innocent people...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 07 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ROGER @ Oct. 07 2002,23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snipping error, changed now, have a look..<span id='postcolor'>

Yes mods, I will secure the happiness now.

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

What?

What are you talking about? sad.gif

It's not over yet...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/07/shootings.maryland/index.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The projectile is identical to those that have been recovered from other scenes," said Joe Riehl, a special agent for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

<span id='postcolor'>