fenghan213

[End game] is the new revive function portable?

just wanna ask if anyone knows,the revive function in new MP mode [End Game] portable or not? can we use this revive function in editor?

ive unpacked serveral addons folder's file, a lot of official missions file has been found, but not this end game mission file:mad:

anyone knows how to use this revive function or where to find this end game mission file? :yay:

To quickly add it to your mission, add the following lines to your mission's description.ext file:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive", "MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;

Now, for more in-depth information, I recommend you check out the post I made here. Hope that helps. :)

Hi Zipper5

I noticed in the thread you mention "non-incapacitated players see an icon hovering over the incapacitated unit" is the icon apart of the difficulty levels or it possible to remove the icon manually?

this is just fantastic, you are really my saver, the code works perfect and easy to use with!!thanks a lot. ;)

Got this working, and its neither documented that I can find, or on the other thread, How do we integrate the new Group System?

I noticed in the thread you mention "non-incapacitated players see an icon hovering over the incapacitated unit" is the icon apart of the difficulty levels or it possible to remove the icon manually?

It is currently tied to the whether "HUD show group" is enabled in your Difficulty settings. :)

I was playing around in the editor for a while and couldn't really get it working.

Does that mean it will only work when running the mission on a server (though I tried that) AND when playing with other players?

I must admit when I first saw it I was hoping for the good old First Aid Module to make a return but now that this isn't the case, does that mean the revive function will only work for players and not AI?

Because during my test runs, it didn't work with the AI. Which is very unfortunate.

It is currently tied to the whether "HUD show group" is enabled in your Difficulty settings. :)

Just how I like em ;)

Good work BI developing this in house revive system. Im looking forward to official release and documentation.

For now though is there a way to limit player lives and change bleed out time?

Thanks!

For the latter, change the reviveBleedOutDelay parameter in your description.ext; according to Zipper5 the default is 2 minutes. Also, don't expect documentation, seeing as the system is only officially supported on (and the parameter defaults designed around) End Game and the intent for an "official release" would be an engine-supported version, presumably superseding this.

Edited by Chortles

To quickly add it to your mission, add the following lines to your mission's description.ext file:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnOnStart = -1;

Now, for more in-depth information, I recommend you check out the post I made here. Hope that helps. :)

Does this only work with "respawn = 3;" or are other respawn types supported as well?

This doesent really work well with the "MenuInventory" respawn template because its advised to respawn the player on start, to let him select his gear before the 1st join.

With Revive enabled he is injured, not dead... Does anyone have a workaround?

edit: i am saving persistent data anyways, so ill grab the last used template and load it via BIS_fnc_addRespawnInventory...

new players with rank private have only one class, so it doesent make a difference... but still: one of both functions should be updated to let them work together

edit2: Argh, how do i get a players picked inventory?

Edited by m1ndgames
typo

Wait for the next game update 1.44. revive should allow for more value's in the respawnonstart parameter. meaning that you should be able to have the gear selection at start aviable again

Thats good news, i have disabled it for now...

And after searching for an hour, i think that the dynamic groups function is also bugging my code:

15:52:51 ----> WarZones Debug:  Created Side Centers and Groups
15:52:51 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler] Stack as been updated with ID (BIS_dynamicGroups_onPlayerConnected) for Event (onPlayerConnected) executing Function (BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups), Replaced: (false)"
15:52:51 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler] Stack as been updated with ID (BIS_dynamicGroups_onPlayerDisconnected) for Event (onPlayerDisconnected) executing Function (BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups), Replaced: (false)"
15:52:51 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_dynamicGroups] "Initialized""

<snip>

15:53:08 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_dynamicGroups] OnPlayerConnected: Player with uid (76561198031915032) connected"
15:53:08 Game started.
15:53:08 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_dynamicGroups] OnPlayerConnected: Player with uid () connected"
15:53:16 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_preload] ----- Scripts initialized at 25053 ms -----"
15:53:30 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_dynamicGroups] RemoveGroupMemberUid: Unable to find player uid (76561198031915032) in a group"
15:53:30 "Player/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_dynamicGroups] OnPlayerDisconnected: Player with uid (76561198031915032) disconnected"

i guess i will stay away from these for a while...

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnOnStart = -1;

Is this all that is needed?

How does it function in-game?

Is this all that is needed?

How does it function in-game?

Yup, once you die it makes you respawn on your body in an incapcited state waiting to be revived (only works in multiplayer) .

Got that working. :)

How can increase the time that the player can be incapacitated?

reviveBleedOutDelay = 500;

I tried this but it doesn't affect the countdown...

Edited by Svarun

respawn = 3;

respawnDelay = 450;

respawnOnStart = -1;

I got this in my des file and i can get the respawn to work but not revive.. what am i doing wrong??

testet with PVP

I got this in my des file and i can get the respawn to work but not revive.. what am i doing wrong??

testet with PVP

You might've figured it out by now, but if not, try adding this to the description.ext:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive","MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;
reviveDelay = 15;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 3;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 450;

An example of a valid respawn point would be a marker placed on the map named "respawn_west". You can find more info on respawn points on the wiki. I haven't tested this just yet (I might tonight) but it should work.

{EDIT}

Seems like no matter what value I enter for reviveBleedOutDelay, it still only lasts about 60 seconds. Weird.

Edited by Phronk
reviveBleedOutDelay doesn't work?

When i use this script with mods and you get your own customized gear from arsenal and when i get injured in middle of the game and revived after, all my gear is gone and loads the regular gear i spawned with at the start. anyone knows how to fix this ?

The revive template isn't working at the moment apparently I keep getting an error after dying which . Doesn't make much sense since I everything correctly on the Description.ext

[BIS_fnc_selectRespawnTemplate] Respawn template 'Revive' not found

Anyone get's this as well?

The revive template isn't working at the moment apparently I keep getting an error after dying which . Doesn't make much sense since I everything correctly on the Description.ext

[BIS_fnc_selectRespawnTemplate] Respawn template 'Revive' not found
Anyone get's this as well?

As of v1.62 the respawn template has been superseded by the Eden Editor (Attributes > Multiplayer > Revive) with functionality described here and discussed here. If the second image link no longer works, then the Eden Editor's Revive options now allow for Medic-only revive, a FAK or Medkit requirement (there's a 'consume on use' checkbox too!), and three levels of 'incapacitated or killed?' simulation, as well as having sliders for time required to revive, medic speed multiplier, time required to force respawn, and time required for bleed out.

Yes , I've noticed those options but the revive seems to not be working anyways , while testing my mission upon getting shot instead of being incapacitated it brings me to the respawn menu . Also , I've noticed that theres is a checkbox on the units that Enables Revives but you can't check/uncheck it ? Am I doing something wrong?

Yes , I've noticed those options but the revive seems to not be working anyways , while testing my mission upon getting shot instead of being incapacitated it brings me to the respawn menu . Also , I've noticed that theres is a checkbox on the units that Enables Revives but you can't check/uncheck it ? Am I doing something wrong?

I had a similar problem.  I started a new mission from scratch and the first thing I did was set up my settings.  Then I built the mission within the editor and it worked.