Sign in to follow this  
St. Jimmy

Trouble with some latest nVIDIA drivers? Install older one.

Well this has been brought up couple times but I haven't seen any place to really address the issue. Some of you likely already know how much the last maybe three nVIDIA drivers are just a huge crash fest, low fps and unworking shit. This is especially the case with 900 series owners.

I bought GTX 970 a while ago and I was wondering the poor performance and weird crashing. Seems like the drivers has been broken for months already and Arma 3 isn't saved from those issues.

344.75 is the latest driver that I haven't had any issues with my GTX 970 so if anyone has some issues, I suggest you to go back there.

I wonder if BIS knows about this issue? I've seen in Facebook couple people bashing BIS because of the shitty nVIDIA drivers though it's likely not their fault.

So does any other nVIDIA series have serious issue with the latest drivers and I don't mean the last one but last three or more? At least 344.75 are already 5 months old and are the latest really working ones and I don't remember how many there has been between.

That's really strange... I'm using latest thru gforce experience and last set of drivers worked great... combination of drivers and checking steam cache smoothed out my fps into the low 70's in sp on a 690

I'll bump this just in case. I read that there was some report about crashes in the newest patch but SITREP said they could also be driver issues. So these are at least two bit older drivers that are working well for me:

I haven't updated past 350.12 so I'm not sure about the drivers after that but if you're experiencing some crash issues then maybe try those two and see if they help.

Tried using 344.75 and the very latest on my 760, still getting errors rendering arma 3 unplayable unless I want to play for 5 minutes at a time.

350.12 did crash on my MSI GTX 660 on windows 7 64-bit and Gigagbyte Trying another rollback to 331.65 (official MSI drivers from their website)