Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

Cant host mp game.

Ok..

I have always been able to start a MP game until I installed a anti virus-programme. When I installed it I chosed that I wanted it to act as a personal firewall also. After I installed it I cant start an OFP server and I cant send files via MSN.

The thing is that I uninstalled the firewall and thought everything would go back to normal but it didnt.

So does anyone have any idea how to fix this?  confused.gif

:edit

Maybe I should add that when I press the "NEW" button it says "creating client" for a while but then it goes back to the list of servers.

Just an idea:

Right click on your Network Neigbourhood

Select properties

Find you Internet Connection

Open it up

Make sure firewall is disabled.

I tried to change the security settings in netvoyager from advanced to standard but it keeps changing it back.

Could this be where the problem is?

I couldnt find anything that said firewall.

I can send files via ICQ, I cant send files via mIRC.

mIRC and MSN were installed before I installed the antivirus program but ICQ wanst. I just thought maybe this has something to do with it...

Guest BratZ

In WinXP I noticed that after you change TCP network settings,it defaults back with the dang ICF enabled

(built-in winxp firewall)

I dont have win XP, I have win 2000. Anyway I think Im just gonna format C: ....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 05 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can send files via ICQ, I cant send files via mIRC.

mIRC and MSN were installed before I installed the antivirus program but ICQ wanst.<span id='postcolor'>

Reinstall MSN and OFP then?