I'm pleased to release this alpha version

2014-08-21_00004_zps63bd96b4.jpg?t=14086
A/S32A Towing Tractor
2014-05-08_00003_zps4b5e1273.jpg
B-600 Towing Tractor
2014-05-08_00005_zps11a9c0b7.jpg
B-600 Towing Tractor

Description:
Airfield Logistics adds two towing tractors A/S32A and B-600, as will as other airfield assets. The towing tractors will tow planes and helicopters on land and at sea.

Features:
- Aircraft towing
- Airfield assets

Included files:
peral_airfield_logistics.pbo
peral_airfield_logistics_arma_air.pbo

Usage:
Add-on can be found under: - NATO/CAR

Notes:
- This is alpha version and many features are still not complete
- Please read included PDF
- Peral_airfield_logistics_arma_air disables vanilla plane physx so they can be towed

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT:
DISCLAIMER
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only.
You may not use this add-on (nor any of its parts) in any other add-on or mod (not even partially) nor redistribute or
mirror it without Peral's prior permission and agreement.
This add-on is released under
Creative Commons License
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

USERLICENCEAGREEMENT_zpsc51c8027.jpg

Credits & Thanks:
ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive
Project lead: Peral
Author of model: Peral, eddyD
Textures: Peral, fiatal
Config and scripts by: Peral
Sounds: Bohemia Interactive
Others: Generic Towing script Created by: rundll.exe also sjones17.
And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.

news_donwload_oa_4-Copy_zps108a200f.png
DOWNLOAD FROM ARMAHOLIC

Change log:
v0.1
- Initial alpha Release

How to use the towing:
In the game editor Place the Airfield Logistics Towing module on map and set apply to objects in synchronized triggers then synchronize it with a trigger and set the trigger to repeatedly and present,
then Place towing Tractor and plane inside the trigger.

Edited by peral
  • Like 4

Awesome man! Glad to see it finally found the light of day XD

Finally someone did this,I wanna have a try,but...dude you forgot the download link!:butbut:

Finally someone did this,I wanna have a try,but...dude you forgot the download link!:butbut:

Just sent is to Armaholic, needed thread for link.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Peral;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks for sending us the first alpha release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

That is awesome, I have waited sinces the Alpha for a mod like that.

I discovered a problem: The F-16 does not move when you attch to them... When you then drive away and detach it, it gets pulled at you!

That is awesome, I have waited sinces the Alpha for a mod like that.

I discovered a problem: The F-16 does not move when you attch to them... When you then drive away and detach it, it gets pulled at you!

It may have physx enabled. Physx adds a brake to the plane so it does not roll on it's own. The 2nd PBO disables physx on some of the Arma planes so they can be towed.

Hi Peral. First congratulations for your addons :D I think it's really useful. However: this set of tractors, can tow also Heliopters? Cause I put some Ah-1, Uh-1 etc under the LHD, but I don't know how to get them out when I need them! Thanks for attention :)

Hi Peral. First congratulations for your addons :D I think it's really useful. However: this set of tractors, can tow also Heliopters? Cause I put some Ah-1, Uh-1 etc under the LHD, but I don't know how to get them out when I need them! Thanks for attention :)

Just saw that on this version, It's still a WIP but i'll look in to that this week. Thanks for bring it up. One of the issues with towing Arma helicopters is they use physx, but if you disable physx the helicopters behave funny, same with planes.

Edited by Peral

@Peral Any chance of support for the fixed wing assets in Delta gamers brit pack? Or is there a way we can allow them to work with your addon?

Nice work! Cool to see that my towing script still works, although it's way too twitchy with PhysX it seems. I guess a solution with the ropes has to be found somehow, I haven't experimented with it. If I do I'll keep you updated.

Some remarks:

- The wheels of the small towing tractor seem to rotate the wrong way.

- The big towing tractor steers with all four wheels. While this might be possible in real life, it looks wrong in Arma because the rear wheels should steer the other way (to decrease the turning radius. I'd just fix the back wheels if this is not possible with the RV engine.

This= Death on the Nimitz, it maybe a Arma problem or a problem with the Nimitz. And I don't think we can fix it lol

Don't give up sjones17 ;) There is still hope!

Also gratz on release Peral! Will check it out soon.

very nice.. unfortunately, you have to be very carefully with steering.. a little too much and the aircraft behind you will flip over and explode

nice !!

but someone plans need a slow rod I have killed with the ac 130 itself is something lol ... still in planning?

Hello can anyone who got this mod working help me i want to use Airfield Logistics Mod on the editor to create my own mission i followed the steps on the readme placed the Airfield Logistics module and the trigger then placed the towing tractors and planes inside the trigger but when i goto the plane on the towing tractor theres no menu for towing nothing shows up help plz if possible pictured steps on how to do it if not a detailed description will help too but im sure 100% im following the correct steps i dont know why is not working.

Hello can anyone who got this mod working help me i want to use Airfield Logistics Mod on the editor to create my own mission i followed the steps on the readme placed the Airfield Logistics module and the trigger then placed the towing tractors and planes inside the trigger but when i goto the plane on the towing tractor theres no menu for towing nothing shows up help plz if possible pictured steps on how to do it if not a detailed description will help too but im sure 100% im following the correct steps i dont know why is not working.

I don't think its compatible with the latest update to the USAF Mod, having issues myself