Sign in to follow this  
miketim

Looking for affordable and good server host (COOP server)

Hey guys,

I am looking to rent a dedi server for arma 3. I don't want to get some shitty server where they sell you some Epoch or Wasteland or Altis life garbage preconfigured thing with X slots off some shady British website, which is about 50% of what I have seen so far. (Some seriously sketch sites lol, shit that looks like its straight out of some east london 12 year olds basement :eek: Seriously :happyagentSmith: watch your credit cards round there boys )

The intent of the server I want is for it to be used COOP, and me as well as the majority of the people I play with are located in east coast North America.

I make my own missions, and want a server with FTP access or otherwise to be able to upload addons and missions to it at my own "leisure".

Im looking for something around 15-20 slots, but I am planning to probably get a 10 slot to start off to ensure i am confident in the host.

I don't have any sort of experience with renting arma 3 dedicated servers previously, though I do know how they function.

I would really like to pay as little as possible,(less then 25$/mo) I dont need anything like DDOS protection or anti-hack stuff, (Im doing COOP stuff)

If anyone knows any good server hosts at fair prices, I would appreciate any recommendations or anecdotes.

Thanks.:D

Less than 25$/mo for a dedi ? you might get a VPS at that price but no decent dedi

What is the significant difference between a VPS and dedi?

I just meant a "dedi" arma 3 server

ie: a "dedicated server" for arma 3, not a listen game etc

Arent most "game servers" sold virtual ones or something? I am not very knowledgeable on this topic

And @Jshock

On that website it says they are "out of stock"

Refer to Jshocks post, foxgamingservers.com 10 bucks a month and you are set, they even have headless cleint for 40 a month. You cant get cheaper than these guys and amazing support.

A dedicated server gives you all the resources the server has, a VPS is a dedicated server cut into chunks, you then use the chunk provided to you but it also comes with overheads.

You're lucky to be honest as American servers are cheaper than servers in the UK.

If you want the dedicated route try oneprovider.com :) they're a reseller but a huge reseller with some awesome 1 off specials on servers, not ideal if you want several of the same spec but you don't.

Try to get at least 4GB Ram, HDD you'll want around 50GB , possibly more depending on the mods you want, bandwidth around 3TB and try to get a Xeon over an i5/i7

Have you every thought of buying your own dedi server ?

Just I bought mine of a company on ebay £150 for a poweredge 2950 with dual quad Xeon X5450, 20gig ddr and 2tb storage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpoweredge+2950.TRS0&_nkw=poweredge+2950&_sacat=0

Edited by kaysio

Refer to Jshocks post, foxgamingservers.com 10 bucks a month and you are set, they even have headless cleint for 40 a month. You cant get cheaper than these guys and amazing support.

We are going cheaper soon >_<

I just got my Server from Jetfox and the A.I.M team and I are loving it. Highly Recommended. Spend half our time talking to Jetfox on Teamspeak. ;)

I just got my Server from Jetfox and the A.I.M team and I are loving it. Highly Recommended. Spend half our time talking to Jetfox on Teamspeak. ;)

Yep he is a lurker :p, but none the less that does ensure you get everything setup as needed and any issues can be dealt with quickly.

Yep he is a lurker :p, but none the less that does ensure you get everything setup as needed and any issues can be dealt with quickly.

Well he was lurking on mine first...then I lurked his :)