do you also think you can make a Energy Sword? i dont think its impossible

I can completely make the energy sword, it's a very simple modelling, and the UV will be a real child's play. However, I ignore how can I make a hand-to-hand weapon in ArmA 3, and I have never seen a hand-to-hand weapon in ArmA 3. It's Scorch_052 who help me to get weapons in ArmA 3, I can probably ask to him.

But I don't know if it's possible.

Edited by Drakedaeron

I think the closest I've seen to melee in Arma 3 was a bayonet mod during the MANW contest. Not sure what happened to it though so they may have hit an impass or something.

I can completely make the energy sword, it's a very simple modelling, and the UV will be a real child's play. However, I ignore how can I make a hand-to-hand weapon in ArmA 3, and I have never seen a hand-to-hand weapon in ArmA 3. It's Scorch_052 who help me to get weapons in ArmA 3, I can probably ask to him.

But I don't know if it's possible.

dayz had melee that worked in Dayz based mods on A3,and you can equip it to Zealots and give them higher armor values making them a threat in CQB

Okay, just to confirm that I start the 3D Modelling of Energy Sword ! :)

You will see soon images of the Fuel Rodd Cannon textured, and of the Energy Sword.

Good to hear you're making the energy sword! Which energy sword will you make? I hope you make one of the pre-H4 ones, I personally find them a lot more better looking

I am occupied with The Witcher 3, the development is a little bit slow but don't worry you I didn't abandon. :)

I am occupied with The Witcher 3, the development is a little bit slow but don't worry you I didn't abandon. :)

I don't know what The Witcher 3 is, but I hope you get round to releasing the first version of this mod soon. You're doing a great job so far!

In my projects, I planned to make several versions of armors for Elites, in fact, I ignore if it's possible to have the same customization as for the vanilla characters of ArmA 3. I would have liked making everything in "piece", so that people made the characters whom they want as in Halo.

In my head, I planned to make:

-Minor armor (blue and red)

-Ultra

-Arbiter

-Honor Guards

-Rangers (who will be used as pilots and special forces)

-SpecOps

That a big big project, so, when the first release will be done with CSAT retextures and some stuff. I am going to focus on Elites. I am going to revise the contents of the first release, because finally, certain additions are inconsistent, I think that it would be useful to have an assault rifle (like storm rifle), and I wonder if I am not going to rule out the carbine for the moment (I have some problem with it). A small image of the energy sword because I know that you love images (that still work in progress ;) )

661795Epenergie.png

In my projects, I planned to make several versions of armors for Elites, in fact, I ignore if it's possible to have the same customization as for the vanilla characters of ArmA 3. I would have liked making everything in "piece", so that people made the characters whom they want as in Halo.

The best way to set it up probably, would be to have the Elite body/skeleton/etc be a uniform, then have the different armors be vests. That way, you can have spec ops guys with more armor and room to carry stuff and all.

Fuel Rodd is done too.

So I have just to make textures for my weapons, so I have now :

-Plasma Rifle

-Plasma Pistol

-Energy Sword

-Fuel Rodd Cannon

Thus a small arsenal!

That is going to be my first ones UV-MAPPING, thus that is going to take time. That goes well for the energy sword, I try to find beautiful textures, but his form is rather simple, that is going to be another history for the other weapons.

"The best way to set it up probably, would be to have the Elite body/skeleton/etc be a uniform, then have the different armors be vests. That way, you can have spec ops guys with more armor and room to carry stuff and all."

It is an excellent idea.

On the other hand, I ignore the limit of polygons for the characters. After my UV, I wonder if I am not going to work on Elites.

432685FuelRodd.png

"The best way to set it up probably, would be to have the Elite body/skeleton/etc be a uniform, then have the different armors be vests. That way, you can have spec ops guys with more armor and room to carry stuff and all."

It is an excellent idea.

It probably will work, seeing how "FEMAL3" uses the same implementation. The female body is essentially a custom "uniform". The only difficulty you may meet is different body types (dunno how much variation is planned eventually) will need different "uniforms" to use.

...Not to mention if someone picks an unmatching head with it.

http://puu.sh/i1kZk/ac7d026db0.png (2522 kB)

Edited by Harakhti

It probably will work, seeing how "FEMAL3" uses the same implementation. The female body is essentially a custom "uniform". The only difficulty you may meet is different body types (dunno how much variation is planned eventually) will need different "uniforms" to use.

...Not to mention if someone picks an unmatching head with it.

http://puu.sh/i1kZk/ac7d026db0.png (2522 kB)

This picture, Jesus.

---

I have a question for the community.

For you, it's better to get weapons firstly, and Elite and vehicles later, or just, make a first release with Elite and weapons ?

In my opinion, UV and texturage will be finished "soon" :p

Edited by Drakedaeron

For you, it's better to get weapons firstly, and Elite and vehicles later, or just, make a first release with Elite and weapons ?

What ever results in the earliest release :)

And I kind of disagree with the whole Sangheili uniform thing, I think Sangheili should get their own base model, so they can have more customisation (plus I don't want to have my species suddenly changed if I take off/put on a certain uniform).

And by the way, how can Sangheili have 2 big toes on each foot and 2 fingers and 2 thumbs on each hand if the model is a uniform? Not to mention the extra joint they have on their legs, that would also be a problem

Edited by SomeSangheili

Honestly, I'd recommend vehicles prioritized because at the very least, things like Wraiths and banshees would be operable by human crews and you wouldn't be able to tell as easily, but that's just my suggestion.

And I kind of disagree with the whole Sangheili uniform thing, I think Sangheili should get their own base model, so they can have more customisation (plus I don't want to have my species suddenly changed if I take off/put on a certain uniform).

And by the way, how can Sangheili have 2 big toes on each foot and 2 fingers and 2 thumbs on each hand if the model is a uniform? Not to mention the extra joint they have on their legs, that would also be a problem

You misunderstand. The way ArmA 3 works, every unit is defined by a uniform. How every unit looks is based on their uniform configuration. You can make it where the character can't change heads by removing the head proxy and creating your own head and putting on the "uniform" model. Think of the uniform models as the same as ArmA 2's unit models. Also, modifying the skeleton is a lot simpler than one would think. The "my species suddenly changed if I take off/put on a certain uniform" is just an unfortunate fact of how ArmA 3 implements unit models. There are some possible workarounds, like making the unit's "underwear" model the elite body as well, and changing the scope of the uniform to only be visible via scripting. There are a lot of ways to go about it, and its up to Drake how he wants to tackle it.

Hi,

I like the choice of mod you guys are doing and appreciate it must be difficult to mod in things like energy weapons/different skeletons/different anims so I would say make whatever you feel comfortable with at first. Then it's a nice place to build from. Obv it's up to you, but I would be happy with something simple to start with.

Thx

You misunderstand. The way ArmA 3 works, every unit is defined by a uniform. How every unit looks is based on their uniform configuration. You can make it where the character can't change heads by removing the head proxy and creating your own head and putting on the "uniform" model. Think of the uniform models as the same as ArmA 2's unit models. Also, modifying the skeleton is a lot simpler than one would think. The "my species suddenly changed if I take off/put on a certain uniform" is just an unfortunate fact of how ArmA 3 implements unit models. There are some possible workarounds, like making the unit's "underwear" model the elite body as well, and changing the scope of the uniform to only be visible via scripting. There are a lot of ways to go about it, and its up to Drake how he wants to tackle it.

Thanks for the info. I guess the uniform idea would work alright after all

Uh uh, I'm not a real texture artist :

695047EnergySwordTex.png

Lol, it's really hard to make textures :3

Lol, its okay man, we all gotta start somewhere. Tbh, apply the same material thats on the VR Entities and itll look good.

What do you mean with "material", you talk about textures on RV soldiers ? :

http://i.imgur.com/byOk5kQ.jpg

I can probably extract it with Texview. Thank :)