For the needler, look up Halo CMT. I know they had a few different iterations of the Needler.

As for the iron/holo sight debate: I would vote on no. Consider the fact there's already a "zoom" effect without using sights but still use the crosshair, and the fact that covenant weapons would have no bullet drop.

Btw, you should try to make the weapons more like they were in the novels/more realistic and less like how they were in the game. In game, they're just meant to be balanced for an arcade shooter.

Edited by ltfrankie

Add the Iron sights. It won't work on arma at all without it. Especially for room clearing.

IMO I'd really prefer something that makes sense with the weapon rather than something like TEI's bolted on iron sights for the AR (which I don't even use anymore, since they added the no IS ammo counter <3), or nothing at all.

IMO I'd really prefer something that makes sense with the weapon rather than something like TEI's bolted on iron sights for the AR (which I don't even use anymore, since they added the no IS ammo counter <3), or nothing at all.

Such as this:

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but allow me to shoot you a suggestion for the future of the AR scope:

Taken out of Halo Custom Edition, which we have to thank for the overwhelming amount of awesome it contains! \o/

http://i.imgur.com/Dq6nO7v.jpg (449 kB)

Maybe make the zoom adjustable starting from IS to the current mag level (this would eliminate the need of IS counter), perhaps even add more vision modes.

EDIT: Or alternatively, replace IS with a 2x or 1x version of the scope and the original scoped mode with the mag level currently in place.

If you look at the lore. The AR has iron sights that can pop in and out and 343 added a iron sight attachment to the AR on Halo Online.

http://i.imgur.com/ehej958.jpg

If you look at the lore. The AR has iron sights that can pop in and out and 343 added a iron sight attachment to the AR on Halo Online.

http://i.imgur.com/ehej958.jpg

You're talking to someone who doesn't accept 343i lore...sorry.

You're talking to someone who doesn't accept 343i lore...sorry.

Not 343. It's bungie. Look at the watermark lower right

ARs with Iron sights

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110430001111/halo/es/images/a/a3/Assault_rifle01.jpg

And tough. 343 owns halo. And 343I took bungie's work and applied it to the AR

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

And i was army for 6 years. With red dot sights, holographic sights, and other high tech sights. We still had Iron sight backup sights. Why? Just in case our super high speed sight ran out of batteries. Even a super space army in the future will have a way to have back up iron sights. Never know how long the fight will be. You may be stuck without resupply for days. What happens when the Batteries in your smart scope dies. Your going to wing it? Hip fire? Nope. Pop up the back up sights and keep fighting

Edited by Theronnett

I am going to respect the lore as possible, but ArmA 3 is a simulation, most of the weapons are equipped with a iron sight, and this kind of addition is essential, I rarely use potshot, or use scope in close combat.

Certain mechanics which is present in Halo are not applicable in ArmA 3, in Halo you potshot most of the time, and the majority of weapons don't possess iron sights or then an zoom. For the simple and good reason which the gameplay arch of requires not this kind of additions.

But the gameplay of ArmA is exigeant, and certain features which are not present in Halo must be added so that they become integrated marvelously into the game.

The iron sights will be present on all the weapons which allow it.

I am going to respect the lore as possible, but ArmA 3 is a simulation, most of the weapons are equipped with a iron sight, and this kind of addition is essential, I rarely use potshot, or use scope in close combat.

Certain mechanics which is present in Halo are not applicable in ArmA 3, in Halo you potshot most of the time, and the majority of weapons don't possess iron sights or then an zoom. For the simple and good reason which the gameplay arch of requires not this kind of additions.

But the gameplay of ArmA is exigeant, and certain features which are not present in Halo must be added so that they become integrated marvelously into the game.

Wooo. *thumbs up*

Agree with what you said. covenant needs a kind of sight (Iron sight at the end I suppose) for close quarter combat and a scope (Which you don't need to model as it is already part of the weapon design, would be similar to the m6c scope and the Assault rifle ammo counter, but not being weapon attachments, they are included in the weapon) for longer distance engagements.

Theronnet I know you're busy, you are taking thousands of screenshots lol, but he is working in the carbine at the moment, if you could take some screenshots of it for him I think he would appreciate that and he could have good in game references.

Agree with what you said. covenant needs a kind of sight (Iron sight at the end I suppose) for close quarter combat and a scope (Which you don't need to model as it is already part of the weapon design, would be similar to the m6c scope and the Assault rifle ammo counter, but not being weapon attachments, they are included in the weapon) for longer distance engagements.

Theronnet I know you're busy, you are taking thousands of screenshots lol, but he is working in the carbine at the moment, if you could take some screenshots of it for him I think he would appreciate that and he could have good in game references.

I'll get on it when I get home. I need to get better woodland Camo and the marines from CEA and I was going to focus covie for a while. I'll try to get the Halo 2 anniversary carbine and halo 4.

But a red dot holographic scope hovering above a covie weapon would fit also if I remember someone saying

Once Halo 5 comes out with its ADS. You'll get a lot of sights to use for the covie weapons

Edited by Theronnett

I'll get on it when I get home. I need to get better woodland Camo and the marines from CEA and I was going to focus covie for a while. I'll try to get the Halo 2 anniversary carbine and halo 4.

But a red dot holographic scope hovering above a covie weapon would fit also if I remember someone saying

Once Halo 5 comes out with its ADS. You'll get a lot of sights to use for the covie weapons

Thank you, yes I know you have quite a lot of work to do lol The devs even have mentioned you in reddit for it.

Yes about the dot hologram, that is something I came up after looking at:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier.jpg

I thought to myself that that would look quite cool in covenant weapons, it would show their technological superiority:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/14b81ap.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/t6rzw1.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/551jjm.jpg

Maybe since drake has decided to go with iron sights, it could be an attachment that would replace the iron sight? Its simplicity could allow it to be an attachment for every covenant weapon, or almost for all of them. It would just be a floating reticule above the weapon. You may think this would be hard to implement to arma, but its not. You just would have to model a vertical flat surface above the weapon, then you would apply a reticule texture to it, and the rest of the surface would be a transparent texture, similar to glass. So it is a possibility that we will see this attachment for the covenant weapons in the future of arma 3.

I took a look at halo online and covenant weapons are different from human ones. For instance, for example the battle rifle has some possible attachments such as scopes, barrels, silencers, etc. But covenant does not have proper attachments, for example there are different variants of the carbine, each one has different properties such as more firepower, fire rate, or the scope having x8 instead of x2 , no iron sights neither any changes when it comes to scope design/parts. Of course this could change in the future.

Carbine variants:

Default weapons:

Just some pretty useful 3D softwares, not all of them are free though:

Edited by nightovizard

Just 252 pictures from halo 2 anniversary. Of multiple covenant weaponry

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

What have I done. It's going to take hours.....

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Note to self, upload a photo the moment taken on the Xbox One

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

What I got so far

http://imgur.com/a/w2Occ

Edited by Theronnett

Eh thanks for that pictures !

They will be me very useful as reference image!

For the people who wonder, I took a little of delay, I have exam (The BAC, equivalent of your High School Graduation in USA).

But if you wish here are some images of the non-textured carbine :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/708513Rendu.png

(Yeah I know, this resolution selling dream.)

Edited by Drakedaeron

Great job theronet, I even think you did too many of them lol cant imagine the time it will take just to upload them.

Dual wielding is not necesary as unfortunately its not posible in arma 3 as far as im concerned.

So you could límit it to above, below, right side, left side, front and First person. First person when firing, and side view. First person when overheating, and side view.

These would be enough and would save you quite some time. From h2 anniversary you only need to take screenshots of the plasma pistol, plasma rifle, covenant carbine and fuel Rod cannon. The rest of the weapons are either from halo reach or 4.

252 pictures just from h2a is a crazy ammount lol :)

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

BTW, take your time drake, good luck with your exams. That carbine looks great, and texturing will consume quite a lot of your time if you are not used to it. Hopefully someone will be willing to help.

Well, I am going to make my low-poly version this weekend, then normally there is an UV-MAPPING and an export in Oxygen 2.

In fact the UV-mapping comes after the technical things to get a beautiful and exportable object. And I have some work because I am an idiot (error of beginner ...), and I have applying my Blender Modifiers, I would just have had to deactivate these modifiers to have a lowpoly version. However I have to redo quickly a lowpoly version, from A to Z.

I am so stupid guys, but I'm a beginner so I do errors... But it's a small error a lowpoly version is to quick to make, and I have a HighPoly version, I just have to trace. I realize to what extent it's long to make this kind of thing alone, especially to make a single weapon, I hope go faster in the future. You go to fossilize with this rhythm. Sorry if I work like a turtle.

Edited by Drakedaeron

Although it's rewarding once you get more comfortable with it,most people don't realise how difficult

the different aspects of modding can be.

:)

You can use the shrinkwrap modifier.It'll help you keep your lowpoly mesh as close to the sculpted/subsurfed base as possible.And obviously if the model is symetrical make good use of the mirror modifier.

Maczer : Well, I received advices on my French forum, I am going to use the snapping function to make a lowpoly version with my HighPoly version, combined with the mirror that is going to be fast, I think.

It's true, it's when we begin to try to make something for her favorite game, that we realize to what extent it's long and sometimes complicated to make a mod.

But my mod will be release... Soon... :p

I didn't mention the snap functions,as I find them slightly "jumpy" depending on the mode.

As long as you get the results you're after,that's all that matters. :)

It's very cool thanks, this screen is very usefull for modelling, it's possible to take screen of ghost for example ?

I can get it easy, just need to finish transferring these pictures, Lets just say, that transferring pictures from the xbox one is proving more taxing then from the Xbox 360

So I have modified my thread, and post what I plan to make for the first release, If I don't communicate for a moment, it doesn't mean that the mod doesn't progressed any more, only that I work above, thus I planned to make something homogeneous, with vehicles and some weapons, of which have fun I think.

The name of the mod is now "The Call Of The Prophets".

And I plan to use "placeholder", to play with Covenant weapons and vehicles, probably retextured CSAT because they look like Aliens with his helmet.

Bye !

Call of the Prophets - sounds cool, but it also kinda sounds a lot like this mod for Sins of a Solar Empire

Yeah I know this mod, I know that sounds like this mod (It's a fantastic mod I play with in SOSE), but I have no idea for an another name for my mod. Covenant is a very religious faction.