kerkkoh

Stuart Island [Source]

Hello, ArmA community! This is my first release and it is mostly for map-making beginners.

Info
This is a map for Arma 3 made with Map Builder and World Tools. I did this while testing Map Builder and World Tools for about 2 days in total. This is my second terrain, so I am a beginner too, but I think this source might be useful for other beginners. As it was done in about 2 days, it is not complete nor perfect. It is mostly forest and there are only some buildings around the islands and the forests are really repetitive.

The airport is not configured, but I've left a link to a video tutorial made by CAPTN CAPS, so you can configure it yourself and get some practice.

Forests were generated with World Tools and then exported to Terrain Builder. I deleted most of the trees from the roads, but there might be still a couple of trees on them.

I've only used normal Arma 3 objects and roads.

This is the final release and I am not planning to improve this in any way,

1024 x 1024 Heightfield
5120 x 5120 Satellite and mask image
5120m x 5120m Final size

Changelog:
v1.0
- First release
v1.1
- Remade everything in Terrain Builder to fix major errors
- Bug fixes

Download the source
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28546 - Armaholic (Version 1.1)

Special thanks to:

NeoArmageddon - Map Builder & Visitor3/World Tools Object Export to Terrain Builder

shezan74 - World Tools

Captn Caps - Helped me to start with map making

Everyone in Arma 3 Map Makers Skype group - HUGE Help with everything

License

This work is licensed under the MIT License.
The MIT License (MIT)

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
  • Like 2

Very cool! Do you live in BC too?

No, I actually live in Finland. I picked this island, because it looked really nice on some pictures that I saw of it. Glad you like it!

Oh haha, I live pretty close to it (Vancouver Island) and its a beautiful island! Good salmon fishing too ;)

:D Awesome!

If anyone continues this project, I would be more than happy to see what you ended up with!

Seems to be interesting. Could you add a few ingame pictures?

Sure! I just added some pictures of it in game and in Terrain Builder.

Here is the complete album in imgur http://imgur.com/a/5LtLO (22 Images in total)

UPDATED TO 1.1

- Redone in Terrain Builder to avoid errors.

- Bug fixes

Updated the license to use the same license as my other projects.

License

This work is free. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License, Version 2

http://www.wtfpl.net/

• Like 1

Rip Armaholic.

You can get a version from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12fVnHIWB2rEmQH35MAol3rHwJ6TCXWv2/view?usp=sharing

It's been such a long time that I have no idea if that's the most up-to-date version but it seems like it is. Within the zip, I suggest going to the stuartisland folder, which seems to contain mostly correct files.

Indeed, Armaholic´s demise is a major bummer... luckly we have this site

https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/ (thanks Wolle for the indication)

So we can put the steam workshop link and download it locally, a blessing to me (I have a ton of mods subscribed but limitted HDD space, so I can DL and update only the ones I wanna use 😃

But then again, a pity we don´t have ArmAholic no more... thanks for the extra mirror, kerkkoh , thou it´s not easy or advisable, it´s ideal to have an alternative to all players!

Cheers