thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Babble

There's no need to be condescending about physics talk, we understand how it works. Firing a gun isn't going to launch you into space at a thousand miles per hour like you were originally implying. None of us said you would remain stationary if you were floating in space and then fired a weapon. I'm an AP physics student (and Kerbal Space Program veteran), I know what I'm talking about.

Let's please keep things on topic, I was guilty of straying off yesterday with the MA5B talk and we should do our best to keep this thread from getting cluttered.

Any news from the devs? What are you guys currently working on?

IDK. I sometimes enjoy the random chatter, If I don't post anything random from time to time, these forums are kinda quite dead. No offense, but it really does compared to how TEI forums were. Need more random joes here lol.

IDK. I sometimes enjoy the random chatter, If I don't post anything random from time to time, these forums are kinda quite dead. No offense, but it really does compared to how TEI forums were. Need more random joes here lol.

I don't think it's the lack of random chatter, but the lack of updates and interaction from the devs. It would be nice to get at least one post a day from any of the devs talking about what they're working on, or post WIP screens. Even though the rocket launcher post caused a bit of a stir, it was nice to see progress being made. Even something as insignificant as "Today I'm working on the trigger on the DMR model," or, "This afternoon I've been working extensively on patching this particular bug". Seeing at least one thing a day or getting a detailed post from one of the devs on whatever they're currently working on would be really neat and would keep the thread alive and well.

You're right, though, without this slightly on/off topic chatter the thread is pretty quiet.

I don't think it's the lack of random chatter, but the lack of updates and interaction from the devs. It would be nice to get at least one post a day from any of the devs talking about what they're working on, or post WIP screens. Even though the rocket launcher post caused a bit of a stir, it was nice to see progress being made. Even something as insignificant as "Today I'm working on the trigger on the DMR model," or, "This afternoon I've been working extensively on patching this particular bug". Seeing at least one thing a day or getting a detailed post from one of the devs on whatever they're currently working on would be really neat and would keep the thread alive and well.

You're right, though, without this slightly on/off topic chatter the thread is pretty quiet.

to be honest, i see a lot of that in the Reddit. they seem to reply most there, this seems more a chat box that fans can converse together :p

Off topic, I commend you and totally destroying me last night, i was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored at work last night. i needed a challenge. Shame for the Halo Wars MA5B is so sexy

AR.jpg[/img]

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

then try out the Kerbal Space Program, it will give you pretty good idea.

There you go, Kerbals have not a single muscle in there body. no wonder you over exaggerate the effect of what recoil would do.

And just like the books that talks about micro thrusters. Even CoD Ghost does the micro thrusters. you can here them going off when shooting and moving around in this clip

https://youtu.be/ivlUQov-NIw?t=4m20s

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

New Canon Fodder, Looks like another Halo book is on the way with Fred in charge a bunch of Spartan 3's

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-azure-noir

mvYWSoV.jpg

Reddit is alot easier and more intuitive for making those small little "hey im doing this" posts. Plus, We're pushing the Uplink Program on the subreddit. It's just easier to build an actual community around a subreddit than a forum thread.

http://i.imgur.com/mvYWSoV.jpg

Reddit is alot easier and more intuitive for making those small little "hey im doing this" posts. Plus, We're pushing the Uplink Program on the subreddit. It's just easier to build an actual community around a subreddit than a forum thread.

yep, its all in nice organized topics that you can pick and choose to reply to. I always used forums as a chat box. and reddit to talk about real issues :p

Why are my ai just spawning in the ground, not being able to move rendering them useless. plz help

Arctic, it's a conflict in our mod with the new CBA release. We (Scorch) have found the problem and will be fixing it soon. In the mean time, the previous version of CBA works.

Regarding MA5B and C. In order to get ammo counters working, I can't have the MA5 using multiple types of ammo. Sucks, I know, but it will be worth it. In order to rectify this, next update will have both contemporary versions of the MA5. It would be confusing to have the B and C look the same like in H:CEA, so The B will have 60 rounds and be more carbine length like in old Halo:CE, while the C will be the one you know now with a 32 round mag, tighter dispersion, and GL compatibility. Unfortunately, non Ammo Counter optics will be gone as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's the only way to get it working. There may even be a few M6 variants on the way too if I have the time.

Edited by HkUrban

Arctic, it's a conflict in our mod with the new CBA release. We (Scorch) have found the problem and will be fixing it soon. In the mean time, the previous version of CBA works.

Regarding MA5B and C. In order to get ammo counters working, I can't have the MA5 using multiple types of ammo. Sucks, I know, but it will be worth it. In order to rectify this, next update will have both contemporary versions of the MA5. It would be confusing to have the B and C look the same like in H:CEA, so The B will have 60 rounds and be more carbine length like in old Halo:CE, while the C will be the one you know now with a 32 round mag, tighter dispersion, and GL compatibility. Unfortunately, non Ammo Counter optics will be gone as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's the only way to get it working. There may even be a few M6 variants on the way too if I have the time.

If I'm being honest, I really couldn't care less for optic support. The ammo counter is a lot cooler and more immersive than random optics on the weapon.

However if I may say, is it really necessary to have both versions of the AR? The MA37 pretty much fills the same role as the MA5C, so having the MA5B with 60 round mags and the MA37 with 32 round mags seems like it would make more sense. Not to mention, with weapons like the MA5K and MA2B on the way, would we need so many weapons to fill one role? Pulling the MA5C from the mod and swapping it in with the MA5B would make sense lore-wise and wouldn't affect gameplay with the introduction of the MA37, MA5K, and MA2B (not that you're restricted to lore, but it's always a plus when it works with it). Just my thoughts on the matter.

Sort of related, but will we be seeing the flashlight attachment for the MA5B and it's counterparts? That little green button having a function would be pretty neat, since it wouldn't sport a grenade launcher.

I don't want to say I like that picture since I love the UNSC, but that's a pretty damn cool screenshot.

I like this. and like how you'll have the B and C versions. will be awesome. I will be sad about the loss of the Random sights, I did love equipping the red dot sights for CQB combat. I would say keep none ammo counter versions or something, but that's Just me being greedy and unrealistic and won't demand useless stuff like that.

IMO, I'm just not a fan of the RCO sight for the AR. I prefer a 2x sight for it and leave the 5x - 10x zooms for the BR and DMR

Edited by Theronnett

However if I may say, is it really necessary to have both versions of the AR? The MA37 pretty much fills the same role as the MA5C, so having the MA5B with 60 round mags and the MA37 with 32 round mags seems like it would make more sense. Not to mention, with weapons like the MA5K and MA2B on the way, would we need so many weapons to fill one role? Pulling the MA5C from the mod and swapping it in with the MA5B would make sense lore-wise and wouldn't affect gameplay with the introduction of the MA37, MA5K, and MA2B (not that you're restricted to lore, but it's always a plus when it works with it). Just my thoughts on the matter.

Sort of related, but will we be seeing the flashlight attachment for the MA5B and it's counterparts?.

There will be all 3. MA5B and C for Marines, MA37 for Army. While the C and 37 are almost identical in function, the MA37 is an Army exclusive. If you're wondering why not MA37 first, someone else is working on that, so I have no control over when it will get in game. We're going to start diverging the equipment between Army and Marines slowly over time as we introduce gear that allows us to do so, just like how Innies and UNSC won't have exactly identical weapon options and how the US Army and Marines don't have exactly the same weapons.

The MA5 in game already has a flashlight attachment available so long as there's no grenade launcher.

IMO, I'm just not a fan of the RCO sight for the AR. I prefer a 2x sight for it and leave the 5x - 10x zooms for the BR and DMR

I can't answer to that as someone else is working with the optics side of things for the AR. In the future, I or others may introduce 26th century non-ammo counter optics that take the considerations I had to make for the AC into effect, but that's at the absolute bottom of my priority list.

I can't answer to that as someone else is working with the optics side of things for the AR. In the future, I or others may introduce 26th century non-ammo counter optics that take the considerations I had to make for the AC into effect, but that's at the absolute bottom of my priority list.

No problem, I just found it odd for the default sight of the smart scope was the 10x zoom, it just makes the BR/ DMR almost useless to be honest. Why I brought up a 2x Zoom eotech style smart scope sight would be more balanced to allow the BR and DMR to actually be of use

Edited by Theronnett

There will be all 3. MA5B and C for Marines, MA37 for Army. While the C and 37 are almost identical in function, the MA37 is an Army exclusive. If you're wondering why not MA37 first, someone else is working on that, so I have no control over when it will get in game. We're going to start diverging the equipment between Army and Marines slowly over time as we introduce gear that allows us to do so, just like how Innies and UNSC won't have exactly identical weapon options and how the US Army and Marines don't have exactly the same weapons.

The MA5 in game already has a flashlight attachment available so long as there's no grenade launcher.

My take on the Assault Rifles:

Actually, it hasn't been officially stated anywhere that it was an Army exclusive rifle. On Bungie's page for the weapon, it states that it was the standard service rifle for all branches of the UNSC military: http://halo.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=ordnance&cid=24580 (kinda weird seeing a Halo page involved with Bungie anymore). It should also be noted that the MA37 (or MA5) was replaced by the MA5B, so it makes sense now that the Marines are equipped with the higher grade weaponry.

However, for fitting the role of a 32 round rifle, the MA5 would make the most sense lore-wise and would be less confusing seeing two different models of the same rifle from different eras. And as mentioned, the MA5K and MA2B have the possibilities to fill that standard 32 round role if the MA5 doesn't. Why would this be a good option? Well for one, saving you the time of modeling a separate MA5B. You can take the model that stands now, make any minor changes as necessary, and make it appear as the CEA version of the MA5B. Then you can slap a 60 round mag in, and voila, the MA5B is born. The MA5C would be removed, and it's role would instead be filled by the MA5K, the MA2B, or the MA5 (MA37).

However, I feel as if the MA5B should be the standard issue rifle for the UNSCMC, as the lore states, instead of the MA5. This would mean that filling the MA5C's role wouldn't be necessary for standard units, and the MA5/MA37 can stay with the Army to prevent confusion while the Marines wield the MA5B.

Standard UNSCMC units wield the MA5B, marksmen wield the BR55, spec ops units wield the MA5K and M7S

Standard UNSCA units wield the MA37, marksmen wield the M392, spec ops units wield the MA37 and M6J

And of course, other units like machinegunners, anti-armor, and snipers would wield the same weaponry since there isn't much diversity there. However, this method brings up the question of the role of the MA2B. It's combat history isn't stated much other than it's use by SPARTANs, however some kind of role in a spec ops unit would make sense.

But don't let any of this come off as demands or even requests, just ideas. If you want the truth, I'm fine with having both the MA5C and MA5B in the game at the same time and I'm sure everyone else is, too. Just giving the lore-friendlier option with possible solutions.

I did not know about the flashlight, I'll have to go try it out. As for the optics, I would also consider it low priority. Only the optics on long range weapons should be the ones under refinement.

Edited by Trooper226

Question about the missile launcher: will it have that chrome-like finish you showed before? It looks a bit out of place, I think soldiers wouldnt like something that would reflect light so well and give away their position.

Lovely image on frigate damage model, will we eventually get one for the Pelican?

My take on the Assault Rifles:

Actually, it hasn't been officially stated anywhere that it was an Army exclusive rifle. On Bungie's page for the weapon, it states that it was the standard service rifle for all branches of the UNSC military: http://halo.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=ordnance&cid=24580 (kinda weird seeing a Halo page involved with Bungie anymore). It should also be noted that the MA37 (or MA5) was replaced by the MA5B, so it makes sense now that the Marines are equipped with the higher grade weaponry.

However, for fitting the role of a 32 round rifle, the MA5 would make the most sense lore-wise and would be less confusing seeing two different models of the same rifle from different eras. And as mentioned, the MA5K and MA2B have the possibilities to fill that standard 32 round role if the MA5 doesn't. Why would this be a good option? Well for one, saving you the time of modeling a separate MA5B. You can take the model that stands now, make any minor changes as necessary, and make it appear as the CEA version of the MA5B. Then you can slap a 60 round mag in, and voila, the MA5B is born. The MA5C would be removed, and it's role would instead be filled by the MA5K, the MA2B, or the MA5 (MA37).

However, I feel as if the MA5B should be the standard issue rifle for the UNSCMC, as the lore states, instead of the MA5. This would mean that filling the MA5C's role wouldn't be necessary for standard units, and the MA5/MA37 can stay with the Army to prevent confusion while the Marines wield the MA5B.

Standard UNSCMC units wield the MA5B, marksmen wield the BR55, spec ops units wield the MA5K and M7S

Standard UNSCA units wield the MA37, marksmen wield the M392, spec ops units wield the MA37 and M6J

And of course, other units like machinegunners, anti-armor, and snipers would wield the same weaponry since there isn't much diversity there. However, this method brings up the question of the role of the MA2B. It's combat history isn't stated much other than it's use by SPARTANs, however some kind of role in a spec ops unit would make sense.

But don't let any of this come off as demands or even requests, just ideas. If you want the truth, I'm fine with having both the MA5C and MA5B in the game at the same time and I'm sure everyone else is, too. Just giving the lore-friendlier option with possible solutions.

I did not know about the flashlight, I'll have to go try it out. As for the optics, I would also consider it low priority. Only the optics on long range weapons should be the ones under refinement.

Reread your facts. Quote "MA37 (Army Varriant)" from halo waypoint itself for 343I owns halo now

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/weapons/assault-rifle

It was also stated when Bungie introduced the MA5C with 32 rounds and it reinstated in halo Glasslands the reasons why the MA5B was replaced was cause

1) stuffing the magazines with 60 rounds caused the magazine springs to become weak and would lead to jams

2) Marines had the tendency to dump all 60 rounds in full auto and with its faster firing rates, caused the recoil spring and firing pen to weaken, leading to more jamming and low accuracy. Leading to the infamous inaccuracy that the MA5B is famous for, so it is often relegated to use in short-range combat.

Because of these flaws, it caused the Marines to invest in a sturdier AR, creating the MA5C

The biggest difference between the MA5C and the MA37 is that the MA37 has a Slower rate of fire and decreased damage per round between halo 3 and reach. But the damage doesn't need to be messed with. But the slower fire rate should be noted

Edited by Theronnett

Reread your facts. Quote MA37 (Army Varriant) form halo waypoint itself for 343I owns halo now

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/weapons/assault-rifle

It was also stated when Bungie introduced the MA5C with 32 rounds and it reinstated in halo Glasslands the reasons why the MA5B was replaced was cause

1) stuffing the magazines with 60 rounds caused the magazine springs to become weak and would lead to jams

2) Marines had the tendency to dump all 60 rounds in full auto and with its faster firing rates, caused the recoil spring and firing pen to weaken, leading to more jamming and low accuracy. Leading to the infamous inaccuracy that the MA5B is famous for

The biggest difference between the MA5C and the MA37 is that the MA37 has a Slower rate of fire and decreased damage per round between halo 3 and reach. But the damage doesn't need to be messed with. But the slower fire rate should be noted

Yeah, the MA37 was used by the Army and the MA5 was used by the Marines, two different names for the same rifle. You haven't proven anything I've said wrong.

"The MA37 (more formally Individual Combat Weapon System, Caliber 7.62 mm, MA37) is an air-cooled, gas-operated rifle firing 7.62x51mm ammunition. It is magazine-fed and is capable of fully automatic fire. The MA37 (MA5 for Marines and Navy) first entered service with the UNSC in 2437, it has remained the primary service rifle of all branches of the UNSC ever since." -Bungie

And I know the reasons why they replaced the MA5B, but it wasn't replaced until later on. During this time period, the MA5C wasn't invented yet, so it's either they used the MA5 or the MA5B, and having both the Marines and Army using the same rifle seems boring, so equipping the Marines with the MA5B and the Army with the MA37 seemed like a good option.

Yet the D varriant saw limited use in 2526? How is there a D Varriant that early and no C?

Meaning that if the MA5D was seeing limited deployment during 2526. The MA5C had been seeing deployment, though not a common sight, decades before that

So sense it was uncommon. You can give the MA5Cs to the ODSTs

Edited by Theronnett

I was unaware the MA5 and M6G models were going to be edited...

I was unaware the MA5 and M6G models were going to be edited...

The plot thickens ^-^

@Trooper. Thank you for making the night enjoyable. Work is real boring today

Yet the D varriant saw limited use in 2526? How is there a D Varriant that early and no C?

More Assault Rifle babble

Meaning that if the MA5D was seeing limited deployment during 2526. The MA5C had been seeing deployment, though not a common sight, decades before that

So sense it was uncommon. You can give the MA5Cs to the ODSTs

"The MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System is the United Nations Space Command standard-issue assault rifle after the Human-Covenant war." http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA5D_Individual_Combat_Weapon_System

If you're citing Halopedia, the information is in reference to Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, which is full of continuity errors (such as the MA5D instead of the MA5D). No where has 343i officially stated that the MA5D has made an appearance before the Human-Covenant war, while most of it's media indicates that the MA5C was standard issue and was in the process of being replaced during the Human-Covenant war with the MA5D.

Not only that, but why would Misriah Armory release the MA5, B, C, and D variants all within one time period and have them all in service for decades for them to slowly be replaced one after another? The UNSC would have picked the MA5D for full service right off the bat if that were the case.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_4:_Forward_Unto_Dawn

"The cadets use the MA5D Assault Rifle instead of the then standard issue MA5B."

"Interestingly and unusually, the cadets wear the UNSC Marine helmet from the Post-war era."

"In Episode 5 Spartan-087 and Spartan-104 wear the Air Assault armor and Mark V armor respectively. This is an error since the two armor models were not in production at the time."

"In Episode 4 when Lasky asked John-117 who he was, he answered "Call me Master Chief", but at the time he was just a Petty Officer Third Class. This could be so that people would recognize him by his familiar title."

Absolutely full of continuity errors, and it was likely due to ease of production. So referencing Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn isn't really a good idea. Yes, it's canon, but there are still errors, included the MA5D's appearance among other things.

As for 888Zero, what do you mean?

Theronnett, because of you I've been on the Halo wiki pages way too much and I know a whole lot more than when I started on this thread, and I imagine the same goes for you.

Edited by Trooper226

But nothing states that the C and D were not out earlier. Also. The UNSC army still Uses the MA37 by the year 2557, thats a insane deployment time for a firearm. And there are still.several marine units still using the Bs and Cs as of 2557 too. As well as Army using Cs. It all really depends on units. And in truth. if they have all 3 ARs. It truly will be down to what weapons the unit decides to have equipped

Also, there is a difference in the Term "issued" and "standard issue" for example. The M4 was issued to SF units during Vietnam. But never became "standard issue" till the late 80's, hell, early 2000's

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

So any of you guys doing the #huntthesignal thing and formed a group?

https://www.huntthesignal.com

Made a reddit for it

http://www.reddit.com/r/OperationTrebuchet/comments/359wz8/anybody_form_any_groups_for_huntthesignal/

Edited by Theronnett

The physical mesh, from what I've read, is being changed and edited I guess.

The M6G and MA5B are being copied and modified to create an MA5C and M6C.

Zero, PM sent on Steam.

Either this was in the works or Trooper and my debating for there was nothing better to do did something cool