thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Question. I was watching this video

'

Any plans to have the rounds eject from the right hand side soon. or is it still going to eject left

Glad to see the ammo counter is working, I was worried it would never be able to work like that. This system can be applied to the AR and DMR too, correct?

before looking at which direction the ammo comes out they may want to look at the fact that there is an issue placing unit's in the editor mode, it may be just me but the only mod that has the problem is the TEI / OT and with that its making hell out of creating a mission.

before looking at which direction the ammo comes out they may want to look at the fact that there is an issue placing unit's in the editor mode, it may be just me but the only mod that has the problem is the TEI / OT and with that its making hell out of creating a mission.

it may be just you because i have no issues at all

You've gotta be a little more specific.

You've gotta be a little more specific.

hes saying he has an issue placing units in the editor, which my thoughts is its most likely mod glitched during DL, or maybe a mod conflict

Are you trying to spawn the longsword?

Just trying to get the easy stuff out of the way until he produces a more detailed bug report.

have a feeling he is experiencing the cba issue, just a guess.

Heyo! After just a quick google/subreddit search, I was wondering when/if you folks are gonna release any ODST templates. Just mildly curious.

So looks like the M739 Saw (along with several Predecessors *the saw seen in Halo: Reach's concept art*) and the M363 Remote Projectile Detonator both saw use during the Insurrection

I only bring up the M739 for it would be better suited for SF units like Army Airborne and ODSTs then the M73 in the mod already.

Reasons being.

#1 Lighter weight.

-It is smaller and more compact, also with a smaller magazine drum holding 72 7.62 rounds, which happens to be a smaller caliber used by the heavier M73

#2 Drum magazine.

-Being a M249 and 240B gunner in 2 departments in Iraq . I can tell you that reloading belt fed boxes is far more challenging in intense moments of stress. there were times I just said fuck it and slapped the spare 30 rounds mags I carried into the mag tray and shot the 249 like that till I had time to actually slide a new box into place and slide the rounds into the feed tray.

#3 More rounds

Cause the rounds are smaller, they wiegh less, meaning you can carry more rounds for the same amount of wieght. Meaning more rounds to shoot towards the enemy. The role of the saw gunners is to keep the enemy's head down, meaning to spray a ton of rounds down range at the general location that the enemy is at. If you hit and kill a guy. Bonus \â—‹/ But also, cause the saw gunner is carrying more rounds on his person. It eliminates the need of a Ammo Carrier to carry More rounds to keep the saw feed. As ODST teams roll out in teams of 5. Having one as a Ammo Carrier would hurt the team. Especially if you play like me and my friends who put a strict wieght limit on our team. Go in light, fast, and hard, and out before the sun is up.

But these are my thoughts, using real world applications. The M73 is great for line units like the Army and Marines. But I've been finding short comings when applying it in the form of a SF team. Still sticking to the MA5's ( the GL verson for it fires slower) and loading him with 60 round mags. but it also hurts us for it doesn't have the full-auto accuracy that the M73/M739 does.

But i thought I bring it up. Just to say my peace on the subject. Sense I did digging and found out it was around during the Insurrection. Just like how the 1st BRs were issued out during The mid 2400's

If you decide to think on it. Cool. If not. No big deal

Edited by Theronnett

Left ejecting shells looks strange in nodoubt

Happy someone took noticed. It was brought up a while ago. But i completely forgot about it till I was playing a op with some friends and I was like, "Great, I'm going to get hot brass all up in my callor and burn my neck."

Happened before when a .50 cal she'll casing dropped from the gunner's hatch, bounced inside the humvee, land in between my Iotv and my neck during love fire convoy exercises. Worse experience ever till I got it out ;-;

Happy someone took noticed. It was brought up a while ago. But i completely forgot about it till I was playing a op with some friends and I was like, "Great, I'm going to get hot brass all up in my callor and burn my neck."

Happened before when a .50 cal she'll casing dropped from the gunner's hatch, bounced inside the humvee, land in between my Iotv and my neck during love fire convoy exercises. Worse experience ever till I got it out ;-;

That's how we lefties feel everytime we shoot a gun. Left side ports are rare and for some reason super expensive..

That's how we lefties feel everytime we shoot a gun. Left side ports are rare and for some reason super expensive..

I actually had a ssg in my unit when I was in the 1st Cav who had a m4 designed for left handed shootera

will look into it, not the most pressing issue but it does look weird to me after firing m16's and m4's for 8+ years...

will look into it, not the most pressing issue but it does look weird to me after firing m16's and m4's for 8+ years...

Well. Remember that spacenavy made it that way, cause bungie forgot to make a ejection port on their BRs, but still had them eject to the right. BUT because there was no ejection port textures he had them come out the charing handle

But 343 fixed that with H4 and H2A by actually adding one to the textures

If you want. I'll record some slow-mo footage of the halo 2 anniversary BR55 firing for you

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

But looks like the H2A BR Charging handle rocks back when shot, But the rounds ejects high, to the right and forward Like a M14

Edited by Theronnett

Discussion of the M739: I like the aesthetics of this weapon and it's functionality a lot, and if it was used during the Insurrection then you can take the currently implemented LMG in the mod and make it similar to this: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/.30_Caliber_Light_Machine_Gun . That LMG was standard issue for the rebels and would set itself apart from the M739, and the M739 can become the standard issue SAW for UNSC units.

Further research shows the rebels also favored the unseen MA3, the predecessor to the MA5 series of rifles: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA3_Assault_Rifle .

It would be nice to see this weapon's implementation as well: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA2B_Assault_Rifle .

And of course, the boxy HMG-38 also saw use, which was already discussed in the TEI thread: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/HMG-38 .

Of course this particular topic I don't expect to be addressed until way down the road, but it would be cool if some of these weapons saw the light of day. In my spare time I'll try to draft some concept pieces for these weapons.

As for the ejection port: I'm sure that reference video is going to help make it feel more authentic, but I don't think it's a pressing issue.

Edited by Trooper226

Are there any other public servers besides FoxGaming that host this mod? I don't have a problem with FoxGaming, but I'm curious to see just how popular or known this mod actually is. I love this mod to death and I don't want to see it dwindle away.

Are there any other public servers besides FoxGaming that host this mod? I don't have a problem with FoxGaming, but I'm curious to see just how popular or known this mod actually is. I love this mod to death and I don't want to see it dwindle away.

List of them here

http://www.reddit.com/r/OperationTrebuchet

Edited by Theronnett

Tried making a little concept for the MA3. Made it a mix of the MA37 and the MA5B with a more rustic looking paint job.

http://i.imgur.com/wOx6kxI.jpg (287 kB)

The thing is the MA37 is Part of the MA5 family

Now looking around, we have the MA2B here

MA2B_Sturmgewehr.jpg

And here is a concept someone made of the MA3 based off the MA2's

5084824342_6761ce41fa.jpg

And another group of concepts made by someone

c4848bdbc68a82ed325de06a486ef64e-d398rxs.jpg

The thing is the MA37 is Part of the MA5 family

Now looking around, we have the MA2B here

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121007034512/halo/images/c/c4/MA2B_Sturmgewehr.jpg

And here is a concept someone made of the MA3 based off the MA2's

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/5084824342_6761ce41fa.jpg

And another group of concepts made by someone

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/227/c/4/c4848bdbc68a82ed325de06a486ef64e-d398rxs.jpg

I never stated that the MA37 wasn't part of the MA5 family, but the MA3 isn't. The MA3 was the predecessor to the MA5 family, and was replaced because it couldn't be stripped in the field and could not be modified. The designs above certainly aren't bad, but they don't fit the weapon's description.

And the MA2B has nothing to do with the MA3, the MA2B is just a stripped carbine version of the MA5B.

I never stated that the MA37 wasn't part of the MA5 family, but the MA3 isn't. The MA3 was the predecessor to the MA5 family, and was replaced because it couldn't be stripped in the field and could not be modified. The designs above certainly aren't bad, but they don't fit the weapon's description.

And the MA2B has nothing to do with the MA3, the MA2B is just a stripped carbine version of the MA5B.

I put the MA2B down for it lead to the design of the 1st MA3 concept

That MA3 concept doesn't look like the MA2B from the reference photo at all. And like I said, the MA3 could not be stripped or modified, so I'm not sure things like tac-rails or bolts make sense for it. The weapon shouldn't be designed only to look like it relates to the MA5 family, it should follow what information we have on it. As for the second image with a bunch of weapon designs, I really like the MA5K and the M392 SR designs. Although I didn't know an M392 SR variant existed.

I'm going to cook up some more designs, and eventually we'll make an album of MA3 designs from around the internet for the devs to look at and maybe take inspiration from.

Edited by Trooper226

That MA3 concept doesn't look like the MA2B from the reference photo at all. And like I said, the MA3 could not be stripped or modified, so I'm not sure things like tac-rails or bolts make sense for it. The weapon shouldn't be designed only to look like it relates to the MA5 family, it should follow what information we have on it. As for the second image with a bunch of weapon designs, I really like the MA5K and the M392 SR designs. Although I didn't know an M392 SR variant existed.

I'm going to cook up some more designs, and eventually we'll make an album of MA3 designs from around the internet for the devs to look at and maybe take inspiration from.

cool beans