thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Gridlock still takes the cherry on top, fabulous map and the attention to detail is great.

The Bison and Scorpion are also a great addition for scenarios with combined ops.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2017 at 11:05 PM, jaidendude said:

On Blood Gulch is it possible to pre-load vehicles into the stores?

Yes, there should be a module in the mission editor.

Its under the name "map set up", you just list the class names in an array form.

You can also sync the modules to triggers and have the module take effect during the mission.

Thanks for the update, I love the complete MA37, looks almost like a direct port. HoweverI wish it would actually be shorter than the MA5s like it was in the Halo games, one reason why I don't like the MA5s is because they're too long for a bullpup imo.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA37_Individual_Combat_Weapon_System

Changes from MA5C ICWS in Halo 3

-The bullet counter on the HUD decreases column by column rather than row by row like in all previous games.

-Shorter overall length.

[...]

Also the ejected shells fly too far/fast.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:17 PM, coffeeshock said:

The bullet counter on the HUD decreases column by column rather than row by row like in all previous games.

Shorter overall length.

Also the ejected shells fly too far/fast.

Unfortunately the way the ammocounter works makes it impossible for us to implement this properly.

This has been noted, but due to the way the rifles were modelled, decreasing the length would require remodelling to some degree. Not a hard no, but definitely not something we plan on addressing in the immediate future.

Not much we can do about this unfortunately as this is just the standard particle effect that ArmA uses for all its spent casings.

Thanks for the feedback

On 16.10.2017 at 10:33 PM, scorch_052 said:

Unfortunately the way the ammocounter works makes it impossible for us to implement this properly.

This has been noted, but due to the way the rifles were modelled, decreasing the length would require remodelling to some degree. Not a hard no, but definitely not something we plan on addressing in the immediate future.

Not much we can do about this unfortunately as this is just the standard particle effect that ArmA uses for all its spent casings.

Thanks for the feedback

I see. Maybe you can simply (re)move a few mm in the middle where everything is almost even, near the trigger. And I was wrong about the spell casings anyway, they are just fine.

However I noticed a small shadow bug, if you don't use any big vests you can see small "shadows" of the MA37 clipping through the shoulder. 

We just released a very special video that you can check out here:

• Like 7

Was just about to ask too if you were going to add spartans at all. Can't wait!!!!!!

This was unexpected, good to see the Spartans been added :eyeheart:

• Like 1

Your new way to import models into arma seems to work just perfect. Nice work!!!

A new update is available. You can get it by subscribing on Steam Workshop or checking out the link below.

• Like 4

I have a question about the frigate. I remember way back yall were working on the bridge for it but it never got released or finished. It would be great to have the mission briefs in the bridge of the ship, instead of the barracks or hanger bay lol. That also brings up the other question about the hanger bay. in halo 3 the pelicans launched from the hanger like this. 

(best way I could explain it) is there any way to make the 3 hanger doors at the bottom of ship bigger, so the pelicans can launch like this if they wanted to. maybe something like the hev module but instead of hanging from out side the ship, they could spawn in the hanger, drop and head to the objective. Keep up the good work, loving every update!

I really like where you guys are going with the new uniforms and vests, it adds so many possibilities (with or without 3rd party addons)...

Thanks to all the team for the continued work on OPTRE.

• Like 2

Since the beginning one of my favourites...one thing thouhg... the city map props could use some pathfinding for AI. Right now the city map can not be used in SP using AI team mates and enemies, which is a pity .

cheers keep it up

On 1/17/2018 at 9:27 AM, Private Evans said:

Since the beginning one of my favourites...one thing thouhg... the city map props could use some pathfinding for AI. Right now the city map can not be used in SP using AI team mates and enemies, which is a pity.

Could you provide specific examples? While building pathways are still on the to-do list, they should still work and move fine outside. We did set up pathing on the sidewalks and everything.

It's been fairly quiet on here we know, but just wanted to pop in and mention that we got featured in a Halo Waypoint Community Update (see: It's Not a Catapult). You can check it out here

As for news on development, the next update is very close to being complete. We're still working to ensure all the bugs and issues introduced with the latest Tanks DLC are squashed first. Expect a release before the end of May. In the meantime, here's some images of some of the new texture overhaul work and new unsc trooper gear you'll be seeing in the coming update.

Dbwox57VwAAgy8J.jpg

Dbwo41qUwAAwpFX.jpg

Dbwo59fU8AE8vdP.jpg

Dbwo_yqUQAApkGM.jpg

• Like 5

Er ma gerd that looks so much better. Really good textures can hide a lot of imperfections or lower poly count on models, and doing very good textures is a lot easier than re-doing models, so keep it up, and I hope to see more revisits to some of the... earlier textures in the future! Can't wait, even though I have to...

• Like 2

The update is coming very soon. In the meantime, here's a comparison to show off some of the significant texture improvements we'll be implementing in v0.18.

VIEW ALBUM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1