thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

I that available on armaholic? (some of us don't use steam to download mods)

I assume not, at least I didn´t upload anything to armaholic ever, mainly because of very slow upload speeds. I will look into it though.

• Like 1

We are already working on bigger maps and even now I already released Iberius on the workshop which is a larger OPTRE map.

I will check it out, I think I saw that and read the title as it said Dev build I didnt want to download another terrain in development, how big is Iberius ? 

I wonder how it compares to Pandora . For my personal needs Pandora is promising size, loving the terrain layout and ideas! so I am hoping for something similar, your city and objects layouts however by far better.

Pandora + OT would make really nice combo . It would be cool if you and the Pandora guys joined forces on this and made some real cool mods . 

I will check it out, I think I saw that and read the title as it said Dev build I didnt want to download another terrain in development, how big is Iberius ? 

I wonder how it compares to Pandora . For my personal needs Pandora is promising size, loving the terrain layout and ideas! so I am hoping for something similar, your city and objects layouts however by far better.

Pandora + OT would make really nice combo . It would be cool if you and the Pandora guys joined forces on this and made some real cool mods . 

It´s 4x4km, still small for arma but 16 times bigger than Gridlock. If you want to check it out you are welcome to do so, but yes it is a Dev-Build, even though playable, and will probably remain that way. The reason for that is that it was the first terrain with OPTRE buildings and was used more or less to test object placement and specific things to keep in mind with OPTRE city layouts. Pandora is an impressive terrain but it does not feature large cities which take a lot of time to create, so don´t expect incredibly large terrains featuring several cities in the near future. We are working on several terrains but in the end it takes A LOT of time to create them and we don´t get paid to do it so we have to spend our free time on it. I for one am currently doing my A-Levels and preparing for courses on university so there is only so much time I can spend on modding.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is on the radar yet or not, but is there any chance of ever seeing a Shiva missile added to the longsword's arsenal? Given its immense size and hippo-like agility, it seems like atmospheric dogfighting is a bit out of its league, hence it'd be awesome to see it gain further bomber capabilities, especially in the nuclear category.

I don't know if this is on the radar yet or not, but is there any chance of ever seeing a Shiva missile added to the longsword's arsenal? Given its immense size and hippo-like agility, it seems like atmospheric dogfighting is a bit out of its league, hence it'd be awesome to see it gain further bomber capabilities, especially in the nuclear category.

Regarding the "nuclear category"

http://imgur.com/8zBcdHi

http://imgur.com/ps5X4xH

from a Dev-Blog that was published a good while ago ;) no ETA though

I just today, downloaded the Pandora Map and the Operation: Trebuchet Mod. I installed them, went to the Eden Editor placed 1 blufor Officer (player) 1 blurfor crewman (playable) 1 optfor Officer and 1 optfor Crewman on the (Pandora) map. The men came from the Operation: Trebuchet mod. I saved it as Pandora_test_mission. when I tried to play it i got this ERROR MSG --->" Extentopn ace_parce_imagepath.dll    Not Installed."         What do i do now?

p.s. the Pandora map works without any errors using the same mission using ACE units and Ryan's Zombies 7 Demons. I will check my Arma 3 Integrity on Steam to make sure it's not my systems problem. However, when i deactivated OT the Error message dissapeared.

P.s, I know that OT is a new mod that still has some problems. I was anxious to test it out on the Pandora map. I will try again to run OT on Pandora after i check the integrity.

11/10/2016---> Results of integrity test Was positive no missing .dlls. I then removed most of my mods an addons. OT on Pandora now no ERRORS. !MY Bad...

P.s; This Mod OT is Fantastic. Very Nice Work Indeed.. 

Since we abandoned the BI forum for way too long here is some stuff for the people that are not active on our Discord server or our Reddit page.

Just a few pictures of maps that are WIP:

IEISwL6.jpg

cvmnbrE.jpg

And finally a whole new mission system:

All this is just the tip of the iceberg and there will hopefully be a lot more stuff to be excited about in the next update. 

• Like 11

And here are some updates on the vehicle, weapons and buildings front:

The M808B "Scorpion" main battle tank:

e53mwfI.png

A new farm building:

xKwraOH.png

The SR-99C Sniper rifle:

A338431C0D7CF25F4593D38AAD9C06B900C6F38E

The MA5K carbine:

DC87915A9339E09DF51019BC20F0940EF0A83D14

• Like 8

The smaller UNSC vehicles are not forgotten either. We hope that this will allow people to drive through narrow city streets more easily.

KawxBRs.jpg

Since this is my third post in a row I will update my latest post with updates in the future (provided that no one else creates a post). Apologies to all the people who are not interested in OPTRE and feel annoyed by me more or less bumping this thread.

• Like 8

The mission system looks cool...will it be like choosing a planet with different tasks or missions on it ? That would be really nice, we could have then different planets like snow, vulcano, ashland , desert planets etc. Will it allow other community maps to be integrated ?

cheers keep it up

• Like 2

Nice see you posting updates, hope you post more in the future here. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

The mission system looks cool...will it be like choosing a planet with different tasks or missions on it ?

That´s the concept, it would be used for a campaign. Sadly our Team is not that big which is why development takes longer.

Will it allow other community maps to be integrated ?

I can´t give a definitive answer to that because Wilk is the one developing it but if someone were to create a custom terrain with a good enough quality to be incorporated into OPTRE itself it surely will.

(I will update this answer as soon as I have more information from Wilk in regard to the technical aspects)

cheers keep it up

Thanks, we will :f:

• Like 2

Can't wait to see more of your work,guys.Best sci-fi mod for A3 and I hope you post more often here when there's wip stuff.

keep up the good work guys thought this was dead, hate when friends lie to me :/

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I'm kinda a noob when it comes to all of this, but how do I use the ODST drop pods the way they"re supposed to be used? So far I'm going into the editor and placing a couple of HEVs in the sky but when I preview they just kinda float there and when they hit the ground the pilot dies. Any help would be appreciated thanks

I love the new update, so far my only complaints are the lack of a rangefinding capability on the vehicles making it difficult to zero in their guns to engage targets at long distances and the fact that the AA version of the M41 uses optical guidance, which is less than ideal when fighting fast moving aircraft.