thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

A post, so over due.... At any rate barriers and walls are being worked on. Some interior walls were released already and reference images for barriers have been given to the devs.

What are the teams plans, if any, for static objects like barricades, wall, communications towers, etc. As a mission maker I'd love to include more objects like that into mission for more ambiance, and for cool gameplay.

Map objects of varying degrees are planned for the near future.

So the recent changes to the BIForums made it difficult for us to post, but we recently announced and released the First Contact expansion for Operation: TREBUCHET

http://www.mediafire.com/download/62q9sx46s9xq1dn/OPTRE_FC_v0.1.rar

Sorry about the disconnect, we'll try to avoid it in the future. To make sure you stay up to date, subscribe to our subreddit, r/operationtrebuchet.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

required_addons.png

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

So, how does this mod work? I've downloaded it both through steam and armaholic, and it's a no go.

When launching through steam, the mod is selected, but the following error pops up while loading:

Addon 'lop_faction_aa' requires addon 'rhs_c_bmp'

After Arma loads, I get this error:

No Entry

'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/rhsusf_falconii.scope'

I am only launching the game with the Operation Trebuchet mod and the CBA (v 1.09) mod

I don't see an option to play this anywhere under the Campaign, Scenario, Challenges or Showcase. I even checked multiplayer, and get this error message when returning to the main menu:

OPTRE_Core\scenes\OPTRE_Intro.Stratis\mission.sqm/Groups/item0/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class OPTRE_UNSC_ODST_Scout no longer exists

This is not working for me at all, unless I am missing something super easy? Followed the simple instructions that were included with the armaholic file. Can you guys help out?

So, how does this mod work? I've downloaded it both through steam and armaholic, and it's a no go.

When launching through steam, the mod is selected, but the following error pops up while loading:

Addon 'lop_faction_aa' requires addon 'rhs_c_bmp'

After Arma loads, I get this error:

No Entry

'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/rhsusf_falconii.scope'

I am only launching the game with the Operation Trebuchet mod and the CBA (v 1.09) mod

I don't see an option to play this anywhere under the Campaign, Scenario, Challenges or Showcase. I even checked multiplayer, and get this error message when returning to the main menu:

OPTRE_Core\scenes\OPTRE_Intro.Stratis\mission.sqm/Groups/item0/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class OPTRE_UNSC_ODST_Scout no longer exists

This is not working for me at all, unless I am missing something super easy? Followed the simple instructions that were included with the armaholic file. Can you guys help out?

from the error you are getting it looks like you are launching RHS Mod and Leights OPFOR Pack also.

R0adki11, I've removed every mod I had. The only two I have are CBA and OPTRE, however I still get those errors. I do not have any option to play OPTRE though, as it seems to not show up anywhere in the game. As far as I know, it's installed right, as both the Steam launcher and in game menus show it.

I have to be missing something simple. The file in located at SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3. I copied the addons and keys folder to the directory as well, yet nothing. Even using the one from the steam workshop, this mod still doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

R0adki11, I've removed every mod I had. The only two I have are CBA and OPTRE, however I still get those errors. I do not have any option to play OPTRE though, as it seems to not show up anywhere in the game. As far as I know, it's installed right, as both the Steam launcher and in game menus show it.

I have to be missing something simple. The file in located at SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3. I copied the addons and keys folder to the directory as well, yet nothing. Even using the one from the steam workshop, this mod still doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

The only thing i can think of is that you have incorrectly installed RHS and Leights mod, how were these installed, were they installed as mod folders? No mods should be put in the normal arma3 addons folder.

everything was added to my mod folder, but have since been removed. The only mods I have now are Operation Trebuchet, which isn't working, and the CBA. OPTRE is the one I'm trying to get working, but I cant seem to get that one up at all.

Update: I uninstalled Arma 3 and reinstalled it. Without adding anything at all, I started the game, and it showed @CBA_A3 under the expansion menu. I deleted all files off of my computer related to Arma 3, so I don't know why this one showed up.

I added the @OPTRE and @CBA_A3 back to my Arma 3 mods folder, and launched the game. Under the expansion menu, it showed @CBA_A3, Operation Trebuchet and Community Based Addon v1.09.

Do you think there is an issue with CBA, which is preventing OPTRE from working? Again, same issue, the expansion menu shows OPTRE as being added, yet I do not see any option to play it, anywhere.

everything was added to my mod folder, but have since been removed. The only mods I have now are Operation Trebuchet, which isn't working, and the CBA. OPTRE is the one I'm trying to get working, but I cant seem to get that one up at all.

Update: I uninstalled Arma 3 and reinstalled it. Without adding anything at all, I started the game, and it showed @CBA_A3 under the expansion menu. I deleted all files off of my computer related to Arma 3, so I don't know why this one showed up.

I added the @OPTRE and @CBA_A3 back to my Arma 3 mods folder, and launched the game. Under the expansion menu, it showed @CBA_A3, Operation Trebuchet and Community Based Addon v1.09.

Do you think there is an issue with CBA, which is preventing OPTRE from working? Again, same issue, the expansion menu shows OPTRE as being added, yet I do not see any option to play it, anywhere.

Where do you have installed the mods? It works fine for me

do you have something like playwithsix or any modlaunchers? maybe theyre broken

Sorry for the late reply, been out the last few days.

So, Ive tried many different ways to install this. I've downloaded it through steam workshop at first, and just let it auto install that way, and it didn't work. I then downloaded the mod from armaholic, and had it installed in my mods folders at: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Mods

I also tried installing it in just the base Arma 3 folder here: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@OPTRE, but none of these options seem to work.

I have no other mods installed at all, except for CBA.

The only message I get as well, is when I go to multiplayer, and exit back to the main menu, this comes up: OPTRE_Core\scenes\OPTRE_Intro.Stratis\mission.sqm/Groups/item0/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class OPTRE_UNSC_ODST_Scout no longer exists

Here are a few screenshots, so you can see what I am seeing.

Arma%201_zps7kpqtnht.png

Any time I go to multiplayer and exit back to the main menu, I get this screen.

Arma%202_zpsh74y5q4o.png

And this error message

Arma%203_zps0et1gtub.png

wop

Don't worry about that. The intro is just broken, mod should still work fine.

Don't worry about that. The intro is just broken, mod should still work fine.

That's the problem though, it doesn't work at all. I don't even have the option to play the mod at all, it does not show up anywhere. Trying to figure out why it's not working at all.

That's the problem though, it doesn't work at all. I don't even have the option to play the mod at all, it does not show up anywhere. Trying to figure out why it's not working at all.

What do you mean it doesn't show up? Like the Expansions menu is empty? OPTRE doesn't come with any missions built-in, you'll have to whip up your own stuff in the editor.

What do you mean it doesn't show up? Like the Expansions menu is empty? OPTRE doesn't come with any missions built-in, you'll have to whip up your own stuff in the editor.

Ah finally something that makes sense. From reading the description on steam/armaholic, it made it sound like this was already a prebuilt mission, not something we had to build.

Everything does show up in the editor without a problem, and have been playing with it there. Thought it did come with built-in missions, which was what I was trying to figure out. Thanks for that.

Update: Do any of you have a good mission created that you can share? I must admit, I'm not that good at creating missions.

Ah finally something that makes sense. From reading the description on steam/armaholic, it made it sound like this was already a prebuilt mission, not something we had to build.

Everything does show up in the editor without a problem, and have been playing with it there. Thought it did come with built-in missions, which was what I was trying to figure out. Thanks for that.

Update: Do any of you have a good mission created that you can share? I must admit, I'm not that good at creating missions.

I would check the steam workshop.

Has anyone successfully used Alive with this mod to spawn AI? If so what Faction ID did you use?

Thanks

ooh the new m6c looks so good, I hope it comes with the next update

is it going to be a new weapon or will those just be attachements for the regular m6?

ooh the new m6c looks so good, I hope it comes with the next update

is it going to be a new weapon or will those just be attachements for the regular m6?

The C will be a new weapon with different stats and attachments then the G variant. It will fire faster but have less muzzle velocity similar to the actual Halo games. 

New Foxgaming server for Optre (the same guys who hosted the first ever optre server).

IP : 188.165.227.100

Port : 2302

Running a well optimized server, 27 slots. Zeus. Bring your friends!