thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

True there are certainly some distinct advantages/disadvantages over the different designs. Also did some digging and found a reference to a 440mm cannon of some sort mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx. Should be a fun concept to play with. Maybe a UNSC 2S4 Tyulpan or planetary equivalent of a coastal gun? Edit: on second thought the MAC stations are those coastal guns, but you get what I mean.

Yep, the 175mm the fox has is great for Assault focused units, For the fox's gun only Aims forward and you use it when you know you'll never be retreating. But the 320mm Cannon the Rhino Has gives the rhino it's reason why its so huge, but fits really well for armored and Mechanized units that are also conducting sieges on enemy strong holds or has the ability to defend itself it the Unit gets flank (which is one of the worst things to happen to a arty unit following a advance. Why they train us to direct fire, but the Rhino on Halo wars was able to shoot and move at the same time so it most likely had a targeting package that the Scorpion has. In the M109's we literally had to aim down the tube with a Iron sight attachment we placed in the Tube to aim, then remove it and load the round) , the blast of that cannon is so powerful that it needs that stabilization. But they best way to test the Usage of the Types is Play Wargame: Red Dragon. and use the 2 types and you can really get the feel of the use of the Fixed and turret arty. It's on sale of steam, if you don't have it, I have no problem snagging a copy for you, it's a great great game that gives you a feel of large scale combined arms Unit tactics

In my Honest opinion, I wouldn't mind having both, but of given a choice of only 1, I would choose a earlier B or C variant M-145 Rhino

hatitleimage.jpg

Added edit:

So looking at the original concept art for Halo Wars. I starting to think the original Innie armor, (The ones based off the AAF armor) would be great for colonial militia

Arcadia_scout001c--article_image.jpg

Maybe add in some customized look a bit so they look all rag tag like these guys

2900573-colonialmarines.jpg

Edited by Theronnett

The Rhino cannot fire and move at the same time, it has to lock itself down before firing as seen in Halo Wars. So technically they are both on par with each other.

The Rhino cannot fire and move at the same time, it has to lock itself down before firing as seen in Halo Wars. So technically they are both on par with each other.

What it says on halopedia "Its secondary ability deploys it into a 'lockdown' mode like that of the Cobra and the Elephant, giving the Rhino a more powerful attack with increased range." Basically Saying it can shoot without locking down, just that the rounds are weaker. but i'll replay the level again to verify

Edit: So to be used as artillery, it needs to lock down. But it can be used like a tank and provide close fire support with out needing to lock down, though the plasma rounds are super weak compared to the arty version rounds. But it Is not a issue with steel rounds. You just use less powder to reduce the recoil while moving, though the rounds won't fly as far. Just needs to go as far as a regular tank round

Extra edit: and with the ability to be picked up by the pelicans. It can easily join a armored advance and provide percession 320mm cannon fire on targets with the ability to provide quick arty support.

(That way your not waiting 2 freaking minutes for the rounds to land like if the arty was 15+ km out)

Edited by Theronnett

There is definitely a chance. I've done an in-depth look about a week or two ago into various UNSC ordinance in the games and books to see what's feasible. Some things like C-7 foaming explosive would take considerable effort to do right, but others are fairly straight forward. The magnetic attach capability of the T-14 mine would take some effort as well but might not be impossible. Mines and explosives are definitely a must, though, especially when dealing with an insurgency that favors ambushes and guerrilla tactics.

There is definitely a chance. I've done an in-depth look about a week or two ago into various UNSC ordinance in the games and books to see what's feasible. Some things like C-7 foaming explosive would take considerable effort to do right, but others are fairly straight forward. The magnetic attach capability of the T-14 mine would take some effort as well but might not be impossible. Mines and explosives are definitely a must, though, especially when dealing with an insurgency that favors ambushes and guerrilla tactics.

This is true, Though playing it, the vanilla mines still work fairly well, in my honest opinion.

On the other Side note: The Devs should check out this video. It's 17 minute gameplay of Halo 5's Warzone from green skull. There could be some interesting Ideas that could be taken from this. like Base layout. or the fact that the base in on the OCEAN FLOOR but the water is being held back by energy fields. stuff like that

With the Covenant mod almost out, will you be moving the Insurrectionist faction over to Independent?

With the Covenant mod almost out, will you be moving the Insurrectionist faction over to Independent?

I think the Colonial malitia was going to be under independent. But that could work too. Because the Innies teamed up with the UNSC to fight to covies. But this isnt for me to say

I would say they probably won't. While i imagine you will be able to play the two mods together without issue, i think both mods are being developed rather independently and because of such it wouldn't make much sense to move a faction around for another faction being developed for a different mod.

"Moving"? No, the Innies won't be "moving" from OPFOR but there may be other ways to accommodate in the future. If you're really itching to have green Innies though, all you have to do in the editor is make a squad of innies, group them to an INDFOR soldier with higher rank than any of the innies and set the INDFOR soldier's probability to 0.

As far as im concerned there are going to be covenant both in independant and opfor. Pretty much a copy of each other, independant could be considered heretics though. So you can pretty much make a vs against everything.

If OT don't want to (which is understandable in my view) then it's still okay for a third party to make a replacement config to move them over to IND without chopping up OT's addon.

I guess then you would have to run 3 mods instead of two but meh not really a problem.

I'm about to download this mod and give it a whirl so I'll have a look and see if I can get some time free to make a quickie config for it.

If OT don't want to (which is understandable in my view) then it's still okay for a third party to make a replacement config to move them over to IND without chopping up OT's addon.

I guess then you would have to run 3 mods instead of two but meh not really a problem.

I'm about to download this mod and give it a whirl so I'll have a look and see if I can get some time free to make a quickie config for it.

It shouldn't have to be necessary, I know that this mod is standalone but a lot of players will be using this mod with the Covenant mod, as the two will probably suit each other. You shouldn't have to group every insurrectionist to Independent in the missions you want UNSC v Insurrectionists v Covenant, or just Insurrectionists v Covenant.

Having insurrectionists on Independent would only make it easier for mission makers, plus it would make sense, as most rebel factions are Independent (well, in A2, at least).

I hope the developers reconsider.

@ nightovizard - have you got a source for that information? It could fix this problem but simply moving the insurrectionists over to Independent would be a lot better.

@ nightovizard - have you got a source for that information? It could fix this problem but simply moving the insurrectionists over to Independent would be a lot better.

Well it was in the official Covenant forum conversation, don't remember where exactly. And maybe more than porting the insurrectionists to independent, maybe they could keep them both in opfor and independent. This way we would have some kind of independent faction too apart from the colonial militia, and we would keep the current opfor enemy used in the missions. After all covenant is a secondary mod and not the main mod.

It shouldn't have to be necessary, I know that this mod is standalone but a lot of players will be using this mod with the Covenant mod, as the two will probably suit each other. You shouldn't have to group every insurrectionist to Independent in the missions you want UNSC v Insurrectionists v Covenant, or just Insurrectionists v Covenant.

While that may be true, it does not change the fact that they are, in fact, two different mods. We have said we will look at it and consider possible solutions, but we have no obligation to address it.

Lets be honest it wont take much effort changing them from OPFOR to INDIFOR so I don't see why the devs can't do that if it's a 30 minute job

Lets be honest it wont take much effort changing them from OPFOR to INDIFOR so I don't see why the devs can't do that if it's a 30 minute job

Lets be honest, you don't work on the mod so we don't have to listen to you and can continue making it the way we want it.

A longsword and a MA5k huh?

Hell yeah

but actually, wouldnt it be much wiser to finish the content you already have released before starting to work on new content?

Its all your decision, but I think it would be better this way. I mean like those guys from the Imperial Assault mod, releasing package after package, but only when its 100% done. They didnt released their first pack yet, but thats their plan tho

oh and how did you people get the ammocounter working?

someone wanna share some WIP pictures?

This is my favorite mod by far, so I am dying for the next version. . .

What are the teams plans, if any, for static objects like barricades, wall, communications towers, etc. As a mission maker I'd love to include more objects like that into mission for more ambiance, and for cool gameplay.