thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Hello. I recently installed the new OPTRE version. But, the odst helmets have no scripts, nor does the pelican. I have the userconfig placed moved into the main directory. And I have the latest version of CBA. When I launch the game and get to the main menu, I do get a pop up about something about a Magnet file missing. Can I please get help? I was really excited for magnet lifting vehicles and weapon pods with the pelican, as well as finally being able to use the ODST helmet's features.

The magnet lifting on the pelican I don't believe was added in the mist recent release but will be included in the upcoming hotfix. As far as the helmets go, i couldn't help you.

The magnet lifting on the pelican I don't believe was added in the mist recent release but will be included in the upcoming hotfix. As far as the helmets go, i couldn't help you.

Thank you so much. I thought that I royally screwed up my game. I'm so happy to know that it isn't something that's broken. Thank you.

Thank you so much. I thought that I royally screwed up my game. I'm so happy to know that it isn't something that's broken. Thank you.

If I were you, I would also ask on the Reddit for more help. The input I put in is minuscule; I wish I could help more but Arma has been crashing five minutes after launch lately.

New Cinematic Showcase

Spread the word and share it with your friends.

New Cinematic Showcase

Spread the word and share it with your friends.

Great trailer. I don't see how anyone can't shit themselves at the sight of a frigate and a dozen dropships.

Been playing this mod since release and still got goosebumps. Good music choice.

Sup guys,

I offered to do some more sounds for you but you didn't get back to me, which is fine.

But could you please credit me somewhere since you're still using my old ones?

Would be splendid :)

Cheers!

Have you guys thought about making a bug tracker like the one RHS made? It would make it so much easier to report bugs.

If not, I guess I can make a big post on this thread of all the bugs I've found...

Heyy really thx for ur works. me and my friends love ur mod.

besides, can u add the Zeus Spawnable Weapons?

I mean, I hope Zeus can deploy the Halo Weapons on the ground.

not via ammo boxes.

Congrats on V0.12! I was also looking at the planned assets list and noticed that the Grizzly and Rhino were not on there, do you not plan to make those vehicles?

Congrats on V0.12! I was also looking at the planned assets list and noticed that the Grizzly and Rhino were not on there, do you not plan to make those vehicles?

Won't lie. Adding the Grizzly would be like adding a baneblade from the W40k series

Example

Won't lie. Adding the Grizzly would be like adding a baneblade from the W40k series

Example

[/url]

It wouldnt be BEINBlEHDE insane, since it doesnt have any pintle mounted weapons, but the UNSC would need these heavy weapons against the more better armed Insrrectionists, as the Grizzly was used to take out Innie Scorpions and roll into bases, providing cover. Also the Rhino (firing conventional rounds, the D model was the plasma variant) would be the heavy artillery. I would also use the one gun concept grizzly rather than the twin gun version, unless the devs prefer that one.

any plans for improving textures of the uniforms and vests in the near future?

It wouldnt be BEINBlEHDE insane, since it doesnt have any pintle mounted weapons, but the UNSC would need these heavy weapons against the more better armed Insrrectionists, as the Grizzly was used to take out Innie Scorpions and roll into bases, providing cover. Also the Rhino (firing conventional rounds, the D model was the plasma variant) would be the heavy artillery. I would also use the one gun concept grizzly rather than the twin gun version, unless the devs prefer that one.

I agree. And I'd prefer the 1 gun version as well, most of the concept art looks better than the actual in-game assets. They have too much of that RTS look in-game as opposed to the concept art which looks more believable.

I agree. And I'd prefer the 1 gun version as well, most of the concept art looks better than the actual in-game assets. They have too much of that RTS look in-game as opposed to the concept art which looks more believable.

Won't lie. Been talking about them making a B varriant of the Rhino or somethimg. Firing steel rain sense TEI

Won't lie. Been talking about them making a B varriant of the Rhino or somethimg. Firing steel rain sense TEI

Now Imangine this picture. But with Rhinos

11390357_737595173029006_746006427413361498_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=83669365c6ea73962be4ef083d2ce172&oe=55E7F127&__gda__=1441318519_37f8e531490ccf72b788710e1601bd45

The Fox Cannon is currently a planned asset as per the first page of this post. The Rhino is currently not. The Rhino's plasma cannon was built using technology recovered from the Harvest campaign, so it wouldn't really fit a pre-contact conflict.

The Fox Cannon is currently a planned asset as per the first page of this post. The Rhino is currently not. The Rhino's plasma cannon was built using technology recovered from the Harvest campaign, so it wouldn't really fit a pre-contact conflict.

True. The M-145D Rhino had a 320mm Plasma canon. But the about the M-145 through M-145C varriants.

The D varriant has been clearly stated to be a prototype for the the plasma technology.

But it's possible that the original M145 - M145C could most likely fired 155mm - 230mm. ( or even 320mm) High Explosive, fuse Point Detonate, Charge 12 Hotel. Bring the rain. Steel Rain. Fire missions

Former 13B here. (Though I was to tall for the M109A6s, so I was in the Infantry platoons kicking doors)

yeah but that triple tread pod though. I think the Fox cannon should suffice, so don't worry, you'll get your King of Battle moment. 175mm, smaller profile and lighter tonnage than the Rhino SPH, so its logistically easier to get around, and to me it looks more visually interesting than the glorified scorpion mutation that is the Rhino. I personally won't be making a Rhino any time soon. I can only speak for myself and not the other devs, but most of their priorities are also elsewhere.

yeah but that triple tread pod though. I think the Fox cannon should suffice, so don't worry, you'll get your King of Battle moment. 175mm, smaller profile and lighter tonnage than the Rhino SPH, so its logistically easier to get around, and to me it looks more visually interesting than the glorified scorpion mutation that is the Rhino. I personally won't be making a Rhino any time soon. I can only speak for myself and not the other devs, but most of their priorities are also elsewhere.

True, but you have to compare the 2.

Basically the Fox Cannon is like the French Caesar

maxresdefault.jpg

While the M-145 Rhino is like the M109A6 Paladin

10750071_740119692690890_3677612998430584800_o.jpg

The The Fox is fast and can move from one slot to another. That is it's main advantage.

But it can not/does not

-fire and move. (Rhino can and with great accuracy direct fire, just not as far or powerful as if they stake themselves down)

-Traverse it's turret 360 degrees, Only 90. and once a target is out of it's 90, you have to raise stakes and move the whole gun

-Direct fire

-Traverse very rough terrain

-large internal Ammo storage

So basically Fox Canon is great if you are on purely the offensive. But if you ever find yourself on the defensive or in a holding action, it falls really short and your screwed. That is why I'm in preference of the Mechanized Rhino over the Motorized Fox Cannon. The Fox cannon is great for Light motorized warthog units or fast aggressive units. But the Rhino will easily find itself at home at any Armored or Mechanized unit or in a Fire base providing 360 arty cover with the ability to engage targets at close range.

Edited by Theronnett

True there are certainly some distinct advantages/disadvantages over the different designs. Also did some digging and found a reference to a 440mm cannon of some sort mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx. Should be a fun concept to play with. Maybe a UNSC 2S4 Tyulpan or planetary equivalent of a coastal gun? Edit: on second thought the MAC stations are those coastal guns, but you get what I mean.