thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Great to see such progress with this awesome mod.

Question: With Script Errors Enabled I get this error when starting: "Script: Magnet\fn_init.sqf not found"

Updated mod v0.11-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Thedog88 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

OPTRE has a built-in medical system? Great.

I don't want to sound like an arse, especially about a mod that is bringing something new to the Armaverse, but I wish modders would make those game-changing features modular somehow...

AGM & ACE3 are great in that regard...

Imposed features like that are the only reason why I don't play mods such as VTN (wich otherwise looks awesome)...

I'm just thinking out loud; in the end the decision to make OPTRE compatible with most popular addons belongs to the devs - but, yeah, I hope they keep in mind that most players (and modders, and mission makers) like to make their own mixtures. ;)

Still... I'm gonna give this release a try!

No, it doesn't.

Woops! Forget what I said then...

Next time I'll try the mod before jumping to conclusions! ;)

For those looking for Co-op maps check my sig for Patrol Ops 3.1 modded for OPTRE.

For those looking for Co-op maps check my sig for Patrol Ops 3.1 modded for OPTRE.

Nice!

So what's the go with the interior of the Frigate, there is no item for interior under Objects [uNSC]... So am I missing something or has the interior been removed in this update?

Edit-

Also found a bug, if you are using the Advanced Flight Model when you enter the pelican it morphs through the ground partly but if you turn it off the AFM it returns to the correct position.

Edited by FuzionFire

Edit-

Also found a bug, if you are using the Advanced Flight Model when you enter the pelican it morphs through the ground partly but if you turn it off the AFM it returns to the correct position.

Annnnnd if you use your pedals (x and c) the 'tail rotor' will snap instantly sending you into a massive spin

+ I'm sad to see that the weapons still use only one muzzle flash. Perhaps it can be fixed for the hotfix?

Edited by SomeSangheili

I'm sure younguys notice but with the ODST's their back textures are clipping alot.

Also I was wondering if you guys would add helmet lights and attachments to the helmet that were seen on the army and marine forces from Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary. Hreat job so far!

Hey Theronnett, can you get me one more picture? Its where the hand guard meets the frame of the gun at the front. None of your images show how its done, but what I interpret is that the metal hand guard bolts into the polymer receiver.

I got those photos you wanted. They are the last 3 in that pistol album. Sorry it took so long. The cloud system I use to transfer has been acting up and It just finally worked today, (Along with 30 extra copies of all my previous attempts to move them from the Xbone to PC) Hope that helps.

If anyone needs anymore photos. I'm down to take more. Halo 3: ODST just dropped and I'm in the middle of adding ODST photos to the Halo Waypoint ODST collection they are starting. They want photos from Halo: Reach, 2anniversary, 3, and 3 ODST. Including the Spartan Varriants. (Of course I'll be adding halo 4 ODST armor too) Sense 343I wants photos of all the Armor Varriants. It means that All Halo game ODST armor from all the games is considered canon. Thought I would throw that info out.

Heya guys texturing is progressing a bit slowly but it should be done within the next day or so, substance painter is a awesome program but I have to learn it first. I will be doing two texture initially on the DMR one that's your standard matt black (link below) and another ill leave up to the community. If you have any requests please post some concept art or a example and ill consider making it. Please PM with any texture request.

EDIT: See reddit post for image link as Biforums breaks it

Edited by zephyrsouza

Do we have to still use downgraded CBA. Or can we update now?

I'm not from the mod team but just tried it with latest CBA and got many errors. So I assume you need to downgrade.

I'm not from the mod team but just tried it with latest CBA and got many errors. So I assume you need to downgrade.

What all are you running. The newest update works fine with CBA on our end.

Removed

"-Army and Marine Pilots (replaced by Airmen and Naval Aviators)"

To be honest, this worried me the initial time I read it, but since the Marine pilot BDU is still in, I have no reason to worry anymore.

Other then that, the update is looking good, no true issues as of yet, possibly the Genet's physics, but it does say it's a WIP. Oh and you making the SRS99 somehow more overkill than before, heh.

I like that update, even tho I think the hog's brakes are too weak and the smg too powerful. Idk if its because ofanother mod of mine, but I cant do some zeroing with the sr99, what somehow makes the zoom stages unefficient

I like that update, even tho I think the hog's brakes are too weak and the smg too powerful. Idk if its because ofanother mod of mine, but I cant do some zeroing with the sr99, what somehow makes the zoom stages unefficient

I don't think the zeroing has any affect on it. In fact, I think zeroing to 100m removes all drop to the bullet compared to the 300m zeroing, but I haven't done much testing.

I don't think the zeroing has any affect on it. In fact, I think zeroing to 100m removes all drop to the bullet compared to the 300m zeroing, but I haven't done much testing.

ye I tried optre without anything now, zeoring still kinda doesnt work, but hey its WIP

I have no clue if this has already been mentioned or not but are there any plans to add/adjust some ODST battle armour that is camouflaged like in the games?

I have no clue if this has already been mentioned or not but are there any plans to add/adjust some ODST battle armour that is camouflaged like in the games?

I think the ODST's are getting a rework, but Im not sure. Im happily waiting for some general texture improvements of the armor :p

I think the ODST's are getting a rework, but Im not sure. Im happily waiting for some general texture improvements of the armor :p

Well The latest version of Halo Canon basically stated that All versions of the ODST armor is canon, Meaning Reach, Halo 2 Anniversary (Not 2 Original, Bungie stated the true versions of the 2 armor was suppose to look like 3's but the xbox original had limitations. and 343I/ Saber for Anniversary replaced them with the Insurrection Era models from Halo Wars) , 3, 3: ODST, Halo 4. This includes the Spartan variants. So they have a lot of kit to choose from.