thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Depends on what theater you were and what colony really, When I was in Iraq, I carried

Slug for range shots,

Buck for room clearing

Plastic for shooting out windows of cars for waring shots

and Salt pellets buck for crowd control.

Fun days. Miss my shotty ;-;

https://scontent-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/166829_1799371025473_6475360_n.jpg?oh=ee87901e0c1c8b88a456b39607d2bf2f&oe=55C08CBA

That's Iraq though.

Similar situation, but not exactly the same. Insurgents and Insurrectionists are somewhat different.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the UNSC was bombing insurrectionist locations, no matter who was at risk.

Read up about the bombing of Far Isles. The UNSC straight up nuked an insurrectionist held colony world when the UNSC was driven from it.

But you know that they would be nonlethal for regular protest. Not every riot was about the Insurrection. Just saying, in a empire of 1000 planets plus, every unit would have it's own ROE, and I bet you on the smaller colonies with not so crazy Innie actions, they would dish out the nonlethal. No need to create a Insurrection when there was none by repeating the Boston Massacre right?

About 343 changing designs: you guys can cherry pick what you like from both; Bungie and 343 designs. For example the new Pelican design can be used as a Pelican gunship, while the old Pelican stays as a transport.

Remember guys, its your mod, if some canon really dosent sit well feel free to adjust it a bit if needed.

Dear God... what have you done to my beloved hog? That thing's hideous. Like Jake from State Farm hideous.

Dear God... what have you done to my beloved hog? That thing's hideous. Like Jake from State Farm hideous.

You dare speak ill of the golden Hog? The Guardians will have your head!

I love the golden hog, but this? It's a travesty. It's like the Hummer H3 all over again.

I love the golden hog, but this? It's a travesty. It's like the Hummer H3 all over again.

I'll get photos of the Golden hog for you from H2A right now. In the middle of uploading winter vichs and the M6c pistol.

I don't see what's wrong with it, do you not like 343i's body design?

I mean really. It's the 56' model. Nothing wrong with that year of Civilian Warthog. Was a great year. The War was over. The economy was booming. A great year to buy the heavy duty, hydrogen fueled truck of your dreams. Dead sexy

Maybe at some point I'll put my '56 Buick in the mod haha, to go with the '56 Hog. I don't think you'll need to take screens of the golden Hog, I'm sure Stirls could easily retexture the current Warthog to be clean like the Genet, and then give it a civilian paint scheme (100% gloss clear coat).

Maybe at some point I'll put my '56 Buick in the mod haha, to go with the '56 Hog. I don't think you'll need to take screens of the golden Hog, I'm sure Stirls could easily retexture the current Warthog to be clean like the Genet, and then give it a civilian paint scheme (100% gloss clear coat).

Brush up on the lore dude, the '56 Buick was around AFTER the Insurrection era. It's non-canon.

Pretty excited for the Golden Hog though. It's pretty much in the game, just the retexture is needed like you said.

Edited by Trooper226

Warthog would actually be an excellent off-road civilian vehicle for less developed colonies. The biggest drawback of the 'hog is lack of any armor, but in non-combat situations its not an issue. I would think of it as a dune buggy or a moon rover.

BTW: 'hog above needs some neons and hydraulics to go with those pimpin' wheels :p.

Man that civ warthog sounds so awesome. It has the sickest sound. A mix of a warthog and a sports car. It's so sick. I'll post a video of it tomorrow so you can hear the differences in sounds

Thats cool and all but I reaaaally could use references for those civilians too. I realize they aren't as cool to mess around with and all, but the Genet and 'Hog need someone to drive them.

Thats cool and all but I reaaaally could use references for those civilians too. I realize they aren't as cool to mess around with and all, but the Genet and 'Hog need someone to drive them.

Uhm. Zero asked for the pistol 1st and the hog is the same game and system (halo mcc and the xbone). So it was easy to add to the shoot. The civilians are on a different game and system all together(halo reach and xbox360). Was going to focus on them today. Slow your roll ranger xD

Of course I'm going to do it when I wake up. I work graves and just got off work. Bed time for me.

Btw. It only takes a hour to move 100 to 200 pictures from the Xbone to the PC in a hour thanks to windows 8 and onecloud.

It takes almost 2-3 hours on the 360 cause I have to use the reach file share. Horrible. Just horrible

Edited by Theronnett

Uhm. Zero asked for the pistol 1st and the hog is the same game and system (halo mcc and the xbone). So it was easy to add to the shoot. The civilians are on a different game and system all together(halo reach and xbox360). Was going to focus on them today. Slow your roll ranger xD

If we want to be technical I asked about the Civilians a few weeks ago but I guess you might have missed that or something. When Zero mentioned you were getting the pistol for him, it reminded me you hadn't gotten back to me on it in a while so I wanted to make sure it was still on your radar.

I know you're doing this as a favor, so I'm not trying to be demanding or anything like that, but I don't think samples of warthog sounds is something we need right now unless someone else on the team specifically asked for it.

Edited by HkUrban

If we want to be technical I asked about the Civilians a few weeks ago but I guess you might have missed that or something. When Zero mentioned you were getting the pistol for him, it reminded me you hadn't gotten back to me on it in a while so I wanted to make sure it was still on your radar.

I know you're doing this as a favor, so I'm not trying to be demanding or anything like that, but I don't think samples of warthog sounds is something we Nneed right now unless someone else on the team specifically asked for it.

As, but I was using the Hog as a Joke, to continue to poke fun ^-^ I really had no intention of it being part of mod, the Hog only took 5 minutes to do after the pistols so I was like fuck it. The snow vehicles was from a BTB match I just did before the shoot. (NOTE TO HORNET GUY, THAT SNOW HORNET IS THE NONE ROCKET VERSION) and took 5 minutes to get the pictures :p

Sorry about the Civies, Compared how Reach is to the xbone, my god, my xboxe I can move practically all the photos at once

the 360. cause I have to use the Reach File share. I can only move 24 pictures. At a time, Upload 24 pictures, Go to PC, download. Delete off file share. Up load next 24. go to pc. download, go to files share and delete. Back to reach, upload 24. On and on. ;-;

but I will work to get them finished By today I hope, I really been at it for several days, but as you see. Getting stuff off the XBone is 30x faster ^-^

* sorry for horrible spelling, work woke me up about a issue. I'm going back to sleep*

Side Note: God I loved this, I can't wait to get my hands on this again, I hadn't had my blood pump in excitement then this game for many years

Edited by Theronnett

the 360. cause I have to use the Reach File share. I can only move 24 pictures. At a time, Upload 24 pictures, Go to PC, download. Delete off file share. Up load next 24. go to pc. download, go to files share and delete. Back to reach, upload 24. On and on. ;-;

Dman, That sounds like a PITA. Hell if it's that much trouble, I'd be happy just getting photos of the screen, lol.

Single-tone guns are cool, I admit, but in reality field-modified camouflage gets much more advanced than that, I'm willing to aid in sharing some images of camouflaged guns.

This period in the Halo universe, as we all know, is very gritty. The guns look far too clean for what they would have, in reality, been through, and I think we should have multiple patterns for different conditions. Doesn't have to be too advanced, heck- I'd be fine with patterns just like you gave the Shotguns. It's not a priority, of course, I understand that. I just wanted to bring it up.

I'm sure Theronnett would agree, if that means a thing :cool:

Here's an example, from Russian Alfa unit.

http://i.imgur.com/35rOeJ2.jpg (112 kB)

I'd be happy to, since it's not as big of a role (this tiny part), texture the camo patterns for you. Not sure what format ArmA 3 uses, but if it can be drawn up in Photoshop and converted, I'd be willing.

Still, keep up the good work guys.

Edited by Op3r8r

Dman, That sounds like a PITA. Hell if it's that much trouble, I'd be happy just getting photos of the screen, lol.

Nope, High quality is what you will get :p looks like I just got called in to go to worked early ;-; so I can't do it today, sorry, got to get that overtime pay

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Single-tone guns are cool, I admit, but in reality field-modified camouflage gets much more advanced than that, I'm willing to aid in sharing some images of camouflaged guns.

This period in the Halo universe, as we all know, is very gritty. The guns look far too clean for what they would have, in reality, been through, and I think we should have multiple patterns for different conditions. Doesn't have to be too advanced, heck- I'd be fine with patterns just like you gave the Shotguns. It's not a priority, of course, I understand that. I just wanted to bring it up.

I'm sure Theronnett would agree, if that means a thing :cool:

Here's an example, from Russian Alfa unit.

http://i.imgur.com/35rOeJ2.jpg (112 kB)

I'd be happy to, since it's not as big of a role (this tiny part), texture the camo patterns for you. Not sure what format ArmA 3 uses, but if it can be drawn up in Photoshop and converted, I'd be willing.

Still, keep up the good work guys.

One thing i loved about Halo 4, Gun camo, Rocked these all the time

H4_Skin_Teeth.png

BR85HB_SR_%28arctic_camouflage%29.png[/img]