thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

oh the the pelican debate was just the logic of the design, sucks that the MA5B with be stuck with the MA5C look, that really does blow, I would have loved to see both models in. with marines using the B's and ODSTs using the C's giving the ODSTs a much needed power gain, also with the B's given to the marines, it being to small for a 40mm like the MA37s, it would have put more importance to the M319 Individual Grenade Launcher in fireteams

Not saying it isn't going to happen, just that its not going to happen as quickly as I had promised, if it does happen at all. The design for the mod is constantly evolving as we find out more information and discuss ideas that previously only resided in our heads and hard drives. It is still my intent to have the UNSC Army and Marines equipped differently and geared towards different doctrines instead of just essentially being different skins of the same unit as they are now, but that requires us to get more assets in first.

MA5B were the standard issue weapons, and therefore it wouldn't make sense, based on that logic, for the outer colonies to have them issued. Last I checked, the MA37 is far older, outdated.

Well you had it like this

Core Colonies Top of the line. Nothing Old

Inner Colonies More top then low

Outer Colonies More low then top

Milita All low, no top

Not saying it isn't going to happen, just that its not going to happen as quickly as I had promised, if it does happen at all. The design for the mod is constantly evolving as we find out more information and discuss ideas that previously only resided in our heads and hard drives. It is still my intent to have the UNSC Army and Marines equipped differently and geared towards different doctrines instead of just essentially being different skins of the same unit as they are now, but that requires us to get more assets in first.

Ah, my edit didn't get through

MA37's + M319 Army

MA5B's + M319 marines

MA5C's + MA5C/GL ODST, SPECWAR, ONI

kinda like that would be a smart Idea

What I would love to see is a fix to the SMG. In Halo ODST, the first time it is shown (3D) with a suppressor, it is not perfectly spherical. Halo-3-ODST-screenshot-halo-34030565-1920-1080.jpg

As you can see, it starts off octagonal, and then goes round after a few heat-shield (the vents), which is most likely there to cool the suppressor more efficiently, given the SMG's high rate of fire.

Hope this helps. Lots of love for this mod. It's a dream come true.

That's the laser aiming module on the bottom of the silencer:

SMG_Suppressor_-_Profile.jpg

My SMG and attachments are lore accurate.

In regards to the MA5C/B, they will be two different guns but have the same body style. The MA5B will have a painted ammo counter like in Halo CE and the MA5C ammo counter will have a nickel plated look to it like in Halo 3 to distinguish the two models. Both guns will still share the same MA5 frame, with the B and C classification coming from their separate ammo counters.

SMG_Suppressor_-_Profile.jpg

My SMG and attachments are lore accurate.

In regards to the MA5C/B, they will be two different guns but have the same body style. The MA5B will have a painted ammo counter like in Halo CE and the MA5C ammo counter will have a nickel plated look to it like in Halo 3 to distinguish the two models. Both guns will still share the same MA5 frame, with the B and C classification coming from their separate ammo counters.

Ah, never mind then.

Should have collapsed/extended stock SMG versions for primary.

Aw the Halo Wars/ Halo:CE Squat MA5 won't make it in.

*SUPER TEAR DROP*

tis sexy gun

I thought the collapsed stock primary was already in?

Theronnett, you were the one saying that Halo CEA overrides Halo CE canon and likewise for Halo 2A and Halo 2 in regards to marine armors, idk why the MA5B is different for you.

I thought the collapsed stock primary was already in?

nope, it is only secondary, Extended is primary

Oh whoops that's what I meant to say. Collapsed should be secondary, idk why you would want it for a primary when the extended stock is there.

Oh whoops that's what I meant to say. Collapsed should be secondary, idk why you would want it for a primary when the extended stock is there.

Because, why not?

That's like saying "you shouldn't have an MP5K PDW stockless as a primary because it has no stock"

I don't have a personal reason for it, but I don't see why it shouldn't be there. I'm not demanding, nor requesting, more so just throwing out an idea.

Two guns that have the same damage, ROF and the only difference is recoil (collapsed has more recoil be default), why would you ever use the collapsed stock variant as a primary? It's a secondary in the collapsed position for a CQC backup, where recoil management isn't as large of a necessity.

Because, why not?

That's like saying "you shouldn't have an MP5K PDW stockless as a primary because it has no stock"

I don't have a personal reason for it, but I don't see why it shouldn't be there. I'm not demanding, nor requesting, more so just throwing out an idea.

Hmm you know with that logic, i don't see why extended stock shouldn't also be a secondary haha. It is the same weight as the collapsed stock.

you know, i'll be Honest, I hated the M4, I'm 6'3" The thing was so small on me, they never would give me a M16, no matter how many times i requested, then they gave me the 249 and i was happy, then a shotgun, then a 240B. I was like, you serious?

Edited by Theronnett

Two guns that have the same damage, ROF and the only difference is recoil (collapsed has more recoil be default), why would you ever use the collapsed stock variant as a primary? It's a secondary in the collapsed position for a CQC backup, where recoil management isn't as large of a necessity.

Okay, fair enough.

Why would anyone use a shotgun when they can use an assault rifle or SMG instead?

not really worth the effort in my opinion. What would it contribute to the gameplay? Why wouldn't someone with an M7 as their primary simply take three seconds to uncollapse the stock instead of dealing with the terrible accuracy from having a collapsed stock? I'm all for more is better in the mod but everything added needs to contribute something new or at the very least have a useful purpose beyond just because.

Okay, fair enough.

Why would anyone use a shotgun when they can use an assault rifle or SMG instead?

Shotguns can be used for breaching. They really have no role other than bird hunting and I guess 200 yard slug shooting.

Hmm you know with that logic, i don't see why extended stock shouldn't also be a secondary haha. It is the same weight as the collapsed stock.

you know, i'll be Honest, I hated the M4, I'm 6'3" The thing was so small on me, they never would give me a M16, no matter how many times i requested, then they gave me the 249 and i was happy, then a shotgun, then a 240B. I was like, you serious?

I am 6'3" as well, but I'm joining the Marines as an 0311.

What about a carry handle option for the Assault Rifle?

I can see that being lore-friendly, and useful for people who prefer height for their iron sights and no obscured vision from the scope.

Okay, fair enough.

Actually the Shotgun in game in game is beast, you should've seen it when it 1st came out, 1 shot 100m. amazing, i can still hit targets in the firing range 100m out, but not 1 shot, but i can 1 shot 50m less, amazing room clearing.

Though i'll be honest, i would like to have the extended as a secondary for when I'm riding the shotgun, but i just remember why you can, cause the way the game is, your forced in that pistol grip and the extended would look silly

Shotguns can be used for breaching. They really have no role other than bird hunting and I guess 200 yard slug shooting.

I know that, but so are PDW and carbines.

Shotguns are mostly used for shooting locks/hinges off the doors in a breaching situation.

My point is, why would anyone want a shotgun, something with limited range and accuracy, over something far more versatile? Preference is the key word.

I am 6'3" as well, but I'm joining the Marines as an 0311.

What about a carry handle option for the Assault Rifle?

I can see that being lore-friendly, and useful for people who prefer height for their iron sights and no obscured vision from the scope.

Well all the Marines I served with and did joint ops with had M16s (Even the combat arms), and Acogs, you'll be fine

Actually the Shotgun in game in game is beast, you should've seen it when it 1st came out, 1 shot 100m. amazing, i can still hit targets in the firing range 100m out, but not 1 shot, but i can 1 shot 50m less, amazing room clearing.

Was just about to say that. Love the shotty in the mod and it was my go-to CQB weapon all throughout the Halo series. I'd even take the shotty over a sword. My choice loadout in the mod is a BR and a shotgun in the backpack for close quarters situations. If you can connect and you're close enough you're almost guaranteed a 1 hit kill. Also the Marines would definitely have a shotgun in their MTOE since it's less likely to puncture a ship's hull.

Also from working with MPs and dealing with the riots in Baltimore, I have to say that shotguns are far more versatile than you're giving credit. They are often used in delivering non-lethal ordinance and other specialized payloads that would be critical in an insurrection that could go from protesting to full on Innie assault in a matter of minutes.

Edited by HkUrban

Using preference as a basis, having an uncollapsed version of the SMG as a primary is still stupid because of the higher recoil. Shotguns are in the mod because they're in the games.

Also I doubt a carry handle will be included. However, the MA2B was a stripped down variant of the MA5B that had a carry handle on it that used larger ammunition, so I may consider making a carry handle to convert the MA5B into an MA2B.

Was just about to say that. Love the shotty in the mod and it was my go-to CQB weapon all throughout the Halo series. I'd even take the shotty over a sword. Also the Marines would definitely have a shotgun in their MTOE since it's less likely to puncture a ship's hull.

Oh yeah, can't wait till the Charon is fleshed out, did someone say boarding action? Oh, with the Innes have EVA outfits? you know they would've had them for boarding UNSC ships the Blue Jumpsuit/Spacesuit, with EVA armor

Was just about to say that. Love the shotty in the mod and it was my go-to CQB weapon all throughout the Halo series. I'd even take the shotty over a sword. My choice loadout in the mod is a BR and a shotgun in the backpack for close quarters situations. If you can connect and you're close enough you're almost guaranteed a 1 hit kill. Also the Marines would definitely have a shotgun in their MTOE since it's less likely to puncture a ship's hull.

Also from working with MPs and dealing with the riots in Baltimore, I have to say that shotguns are far more versatile than you're giving credit. They are often used in delivering non-lethal ordinance and other specialized payloads that would be critical in an insurrection that could go from protesting to full on Innie assault in a matter of minutes.

Last I checked the UNSC wasn't too worried about breaking up protests in a peaceful, or less than lethal manner.

Using preference as a basis, having an uncollapsed version of the SMG as a primary is still stupid because of the higher recoil. Shotguns are in the mod because they're in the games.

Also I doubt a carry handle will be included. However, the MA2B was a stripped down variant of the MA5B that had a carry handle on it that used larger ammunition, so I may consider making a carry handle to convert the MA5B into an MA2B.

Only reason chief collapsed his cause of duel wielding, the ODSTs/ Marines and even Chief had extended for solo use :p

Last I checked the UNSC wasn't too worried about breaking up protests in a peaceful, less than lethal manner.

Depends on what theater you were and what colony really, When I was in Iraq, I carried

Slug for range shots,

Buck for room clearing

Plastic slugs for shooting out windows of cars for waring shots

and Salt pellets buck for crowd control.

Fun days. Miss my shotty ;-;

https://scontent-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/166829_1799371025473_6475360_n.jpg?oh=ee87901e0c1c8b88a456b39607d2bf2f&oe=55C08CBA

you whats odd, my Platoon had 3 shotguns. 2 stocks and one pistol grip, guess who got the pistol grip :(

Edited by Theronnett