thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

The fatigues are placeholders until we could create better ones. Which I am doing slowly, but surely. But still good info nevertheless. Thanks.

I know they were, But i wanted to state my opinion to how they may be done to may things easier for those wanting to make their own Camo patterns

I know they were, But i wanted to state my opinion to how they may be done to may things easier for those wanting to make their own Camo patterns

if your asking for a template for Reskins, i can do that if they give the OK

Are we talking about putting a new camo (texture) onto the United, or actually creating a new camo from scratch? Replacing the camo is a simple process that is easy to learn depending on what it's for, but creating a camo is different.

Chances are if you're doing a reskin(adding different camo), you know how to without the need for a blank tenplate, it just saves time. Though it can be tricky, and templates make it a faster and more simple process.

nope, talking about a complete rework of the armor, to make it look of the armor and fatigues from reach itself. to completely remove the armor attachments from the fatigues and just have it as attachments to the vest itself. (The vanilla vest do this with pistol holsters on the thighs, mag bags on the hips and not shoulder armor with the GL vest) stirls understands what i'm talking about and i was already pm'd that it is on the list, but low priority at the moment

Edited by Theronnett

I get what he's saying, it's not a bad idea. Basically have the fatigues themselves be just the fatigues and have the armor be part of the chest rig?

I get what he's saying, it's not a bad idea. Basically have the fatigues themselves be just the fatigues and have the armor be part of the chest rig?

Exactly

Confusing parts removed

Edited by Theronnett

A rework of the armour itself will not be happening. I'm sorry, but we're focusing on other things right now. That said, the idea of having the armour mixed with fatigues is an idea in itself.

A rework of the armour itself will not be happening. I'm sorry, but we're focusing on other things right now. That said, the idea of having the armour mixed with fatigues is an idea in itself.

Never said now. It is only alpha right now. To request the change now is insanity and stupid. I know that. But to see something Late Beta is very realistic. I know you guys have WAAAAAAAAAY to much on your plate right now. But i'm throwing the ideas out there to having it on the planning board for future ideas when development slows down

Never said now. It is only alpha right now. To request the change now is insanity and stupid. I know that. But to see something Late Beta is very realistic. I know you guys have WAAAAAAAAAY to much on your plate right now. But i'm throwing the ideas out there to having it on the planning board for future ideas when development slows down

No, what he means is, the actual armor plating you see on our units, will not be changing. Period. We are looking at changing the underlying fatigues, but, that's it. The current armor implemented serves its purpose well. We're going to take certain liberties in design against the lore and this is one of them.

No, what he means is, the actual armor plating you see on our units, will not be changing. Period. We are looking at changing the underlying fatigues, but, that's it. The current armor implemented serves its purpose well. We're going to take certain liberties in design against the lore and this is one of them.

Got it. Your Mod. Your decisions

Only thought of it so that way people could swap fatigues on the fly or armor on the fly depending on the change of situation. Kinda like Vanilla arma and RHS does with its fatigues and armor. Instead of having to swap Both Armor and Fatigues at the same time

You know. I think my suggestion was confused of the actual changing of the look of the armor. It may be possible. hard to tell. I only threw the armor out there as examples. What I was trying to say and may have failed at is was Trooper was saying. Which I just fixed

Exactly

Edited by Theronnett

Ohhh! Okay. My bad then :) I'll bring it up with TheDog!

Ohhh! Okay. My bad then :) I'll bring it up with TheDog!

Cause I was doing the math. What happens when a clan makes their own Fatigues. Like 5 of them. They have to get it that the armor matches too With the current model. That is 15+ uniforms. And what of they want to have it so the fatigues can work with All the armor. So now instead of having a mod pack of just 5 fatigues. You have mod pack of 15+ uniforms.

Now what happens if they want to share it with the community. You think someone is going to download a pack of let's say 40 uniforms to add to customization. You think really think someone will add that much data to their modpack. But if it could be ruduced to 5 uniforms.

What if someone wants to make a Zebra stripped armor that is pink and black. Instead of just working on 2 - 5 Different armor Models. With the current system. He has to work with 2 armor Models and 20 different uniforms. The amount of work and data that takes would make people think twice to in instead of "Fuck yeah. Pink and black Zebra armor. Now I'm looking pimpen' "

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

So issue 1 I brought up, the fatigues and the actual look of them was already being addressed

Issue 2, which to me was the biggest problem when it came to actual customization, which is the separation of the fatigues and armor, is finally understood.

So overall. A good day.

All that stuff with the Armor and versions. That was all suggestions. For the armor is no longer part of the fatigues, allowing for the mod team to actually create more models like BI did with the plate carriers with vanilla. The damn defualt plate carriers had like 8 different versions of it at launch. Though now the GL version and special carrier rig are now IOTVs. But still nato has a lot of choices to from. And this was what I was trying to say. If you decided to add more armor varriants. You have a whole Article of References to look at. And I can always get more detailed if needed

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

OFFICIAL CANON FODDER COMMUNITY Q&A SUBMISSIONS

If you ever wanted to ask 343I any questions about halo canon. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/official-canon-fodder-community-q-a-submissions/0d0e528f-bad1-4f34-9f3a-41a1d9735204/posts

Hey Guys,

I created a little Mission for your awesome Mod. If you want you can check it out here.

Its my first Mission so i would be glad to hear some Feedback!

Also, keep up the good Work! Looking forward to new Updates :D

Hey just curious, whats your plan for new backpacks? because I know there was a rugsack type bag in Halo wars (Normal sized backpack) and then there was some game art for ODST that show one witha backpack that looked similar to a carryall type pack.

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Rugsack:

Carryall backpack:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/15637/845242-halo3_odst_envconcept_06.jpg

theses are the links to the images

*note: first link is a video, because I couldn't find a picture of the backpack fully.

Hey just curious, whats your plan for new backpacks? because I know there was a rugsack type bag in Halo wars (Normal sized backpack) and then there was some game art for ODST that show one witha backpack that looked similar to a carryall type pack.

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Rugsack:

Carryall backpack:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/15637/845242-halo3_odst_envconcept_06.jpg

theses are the links to the images

*note: first link is a video, because I couldn't find a picture of the backpack fully.

They said they were going to go the more Halo reach style in this mod. So I would think they would use these models

Ruck

httDVNQ.jpg[/img]

Carryall

63jwyuU.jpg[/img]

But if you want a better look of the Ruck from the Halo Wars/ Halo 2 Anniversary armor, I got one

UrUKu36.png

Edited by Theronnett

Oh, sorry I didn't see that. Personaly I think the carryall type bag I found fits with the ODST armor, but neither the less I love what this mod is doing and can't wait for more! :D

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Hey I found 2 maps on Armaholic that could fit with this mod

Planet 1: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22179

*Desert like planet

Planet 2: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22360

*Snowy like planet

I know these maps have no building, but they have the atmosphere

p.s. I don't own these maps

Oh, sorry I didn't see that. Personaly I think the carryall type bag I found fits with the ODST armor, but neither the less I love what this mod is doing and can't wait for more! :D

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Hey I found 2 maps on Armaholic that could fit with this mod

Planet 1: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22179

*Desert like planet

Planet 2: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22360

*Snowy like planet

I know these maps have no building, but they have the atmosphere

p.s. I don't own these maps

oh trust me, we are tracking these maps, more importantly we are tracking who made them^^

So I remembered playing Star Wars battlefront 2 and playing this mod where you fought in and around the wreck of a crashed Veniator-Class Star Destroyer.

So the Idea popped in my head. Any thoughts of having a static Model of the Charon-Class Frigate where it looks like it crashed onto the planet with many gaping holes going into it from missle strikes that you can place on the ground. And create ops where the ship is carrying vital Intel in its data banks or still has nukes on it and you have to secure the wreck and take back whatever the Innies stole from it?

Their answers for multiple floors were ramps. They seemed to work well.

It's just a idea. Just a something that popped in my head when I was watching the Battlefront 3 trailer and seeing the Star Destroyer crash in the end and going, "I remember that one bad ass mod for Battlefront 2" and thought to share the idea

Edited by Theronnett

Guys, you really need to fix falcon flight model. That thing is impossible to fly with. It feels like it's 10 times heavier than pelican. You could just take the hummingbirds flight model, that should be better than this one we have now.

Guys, you really need to fix falcon flight model. That thing is impossible to fly with. It feels like it's 10 times heavier than pelican. You could just take the hummingbirds flight model, that should be better than this one we have now.

I've heard very little complaints about it. The falcon is a relatively large aircraft, so the current flight model fits it well I feel. Can you provide more specific details on what you feel is wrong with it (needs more thrust, should be more agile, doesnt have enough weight). Also, saying that "it's 10 times heavier than pelican" is an absurd exaggeration.

On top of what Scorch said, try and be polite with your requests. Walking into this thread like you own the place puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

On the subject of the falcon, to me it seems like it could be a bit more agile. When I fly it it feels to "heavy"