thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Oh man, who else is excited for a mod that has already been released to be released... (wait for it) ...again?!?!?! Plus this time we get the benefit of waiting all over again! (again!) I mean everyone always says the best part of anything you are looking forward to is the wait, am I right? So lets all strap (on?) in and have a ton of fun waiting some more for those shiny new paintjobs! I just hope that the release date is listed as Soonâ„¢ I think that really helps to build even more anticipation. The more waiting fun the better!

gents another update of whats to come in this release, finally added in snow units for the people using custom maps (bushlurkers strange worlds map used for these screenshots). also you can see another color variant of the falcon ;)

http://i.imgur.com/tYXdopI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FQX4VSu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ta2JDx2.jpg

That Falcon and snow camo is looking gorgeous, honestly you guys really made that thing look badass. Do you guys recommend any good snow maps to throw these units on?

Oh and that bit about the SPARTANs, I hope when you guys have all your planned assets completed that you try doing some R&D with the SPARTANs and Covenant, I think that would be a cool bonus mod later on.

Actually It would be pretty easy to make our own Spartan I's. Of course it would be just stand in: take the ODST armor (with some changes maybe), create new soldier config, add extra hitpoints to all bodyparts, give more stamina. That wouldnt be so hard to pull off.

Actually It would be pretty easy to make our own Spartan I's. Of course it would be just stand in: take the ODST armor (with some changes maybe), create new soldier config, add extra hitpoints to all bodyparts, give more stamina. That wouldnt be so hard to pull off.

Y'know, it fits with the timeline, and it would be neat to at least see the unit in-game. Any balancing would probably be left up to the mission creators themselves, and it would throw something into the mix that we haven't seen in the games yet. Plus, it goes hand in hand with this: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Model_99_Special_Application_Scoped_Rifle

There was a time late insurrection early Hu-Cov war where spartans had the Mk4 armor, which had no shields, so thats another possibility

There was a time late insurrection early Hu-Cov war where spartans had the Mk4 armor, which had no shields, so thats another possibility

I actually mentioned this a while ago in TEI, some critical thinking on it's balance and role in the mod would be needed, but I think it would be something cool to see in the future.

But again, I think most of the balance should be up to the mission designers themselves when it comes to units like that.

I have a question, will the SRS 99 Anti-material produce a white trail of water vapor like it does in the games?

I not it isn't OPTREB related, but my clan is doing a vanilla public op starting in the next 10 minutes, most the slots are full, All you need is Task force Radio and Teamspeak

All relevant info is here

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/32obc7/a3public_event_242_nightstalkers_operation_direct/

Please don't make posts like this in this thread. There are threads for this kind of thing in the main ArmA 3 board.

Are you guys working on Halo reach/Anniversary style backpacks at all?

more backpacks are planned but not a priority right now. maybe in the next update but for initial release it was more about fixing than adding, although, we did add a few things.

more backpacks are planned but not a priority right now. maybe in the next update but for initial release it was more about fixing than adding, although, we did add a few things.

The vanilla bag is using the right color actually work. I took so many pictures of the HR and HCEA backpacks. I understand why the development team used the vanilla bags

---------- Post added at 06:59 ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 ----------

Any thoughts of adding the M914 Warthog to replace the bobcat as a repair vehicle

M914: Utilitarian by nature, the M914 Recovery Transport is a rare variant designed for extraction of Warthogs that have become immobilized, and for use as a mobile repair bay.

Basically the HMMWV M1097A2, but warthog instead of humvee

Examples

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8511/8365619389_7dfabcc6a2_z.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/HMMWV_heavy_variant_field_maintenance_M1097A2.jpg

Edited by Theronnett

Any thoughts of adding the M914 Warthog to replace the bobcat as a repair vehicle

M914: Utilitarian by nature, the M914 Recovery Transport is a rare variant designed for extraction of Warthogs that have become immobilized, and for use as a mobile repair bay.

Basically the HMMWV M1097A2, but warthog instead of humvee

Examples

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8511/8365619389_7dfabcc6a2_z.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/HMMWV_heavy_variant_field_maintenance_M1097A2.jpg

Its not out of the question.

Its not out of the question.

Just bringing it up. Cause in a lot of cases. The elephant is just to cumbersome a vehicle for field use. Though of course when I was in the Army, I was in Mechanized Artillery, so we had a vehicle that was just like bobcat in Arma 3 along with several of the Maintenance Humvees attached to our Battery. And still with us when we were doing patrols in Humvees and MRAPs in Iraq.

Trying to think what would be great for actual Mechanized Armored pushes. But the Elephant fits for that. Acting as a mobile refit, repair, and command center.

Funny. Apparently the Elephant does has a super APC Varriant, for not only did it fills that role in Halo Wars. It fills that Roll both Halo Spartan Assault, used in both the evacuation of troop personal of a UNSC base and with Mechanized Armored assaults. Where there was always at the rear of Armored or Infantry Assaults, and Halo Spartan Strike, in the Battle of New Mombasa as a armored transport for a vital Forerunner artifact. Haven't gotten further in Strike to see if it comes up any more

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

So having a APC version that can carry like 30+ Joe's with a armor convoy, being able to take a lot of punishment, (in every game that has a elephant, it can take a hell of A beating before blowing up, except halo 3 were it was invincible ) and act as a Mobile HQ/ Spawn when it deploys for multiple play modes and ops. Just throwing out Ideas. Cause really truthfully, 3 games now where the Elephant was a super APC over a refit station, which was in one. (Not counting the trash collector verson form ODST, the Oliphant, which was used.... as a armored transport)

Edited by Theronnett

So halo Spartan Strike is pretty good. The New Mombasa levels are really detailed And pretty and really gives you a scope of how bit the conflict for it was. So many ODSTs everywhere too. It really felt like every ship in orbit dropped their load of ODSTs on New Mombasa when MC was romping around. But you fight on the other side of the city for you see the scarab and MC chasing it on a tank approaching your side when your fighting on a skyscraper

Do you only get to play as a Spartan? It'd be weird to play one during Mombasa.

Nah. Not hitpoints. Just more stamina and less felt recoil IMO.

What are the new things? Falcon and snow units, right?

Do you only get to play as a Spartan? It'd be weird to play one during Mombasa.

Its actually a mission that a squad of ODSTs were sent on. But because Spartan StIke is a simulation recap of past events. They do a "what if" it was a spartan instead of the ODSTs

I noticed that the OPTREB forums are way slower then the TEI forums used to be. The nights here are work drag to a craw. A horrible slow crawl. No one to talk halo too. Le sigh

I noticed that the OPTREB forums are way slower then the TEI forums used to be. The nights here are work drag to a craw. A horrible slow crawl. No one to talk halo too. Le sigh

Hopefully the new release brings life back in :)

I'm talking to my clan leader into doing a halo public op when your mod drops. Last night public vanilla op went down pretty well. Though the latest Cba update really screwed over TFAR. Many who showed up with the updated CBA go screwed out. We had 29th id and 2nd marine division join in a combined joint op.

so the idea of a Joint UNSC Army and Marine joint public operation is really spinning in my head With many ideas

But my clan leader is really upset for he worked all week an amazing op to have what would've been a 60 man op turned into a 40 man op. Crazy how one updare can break everything.

but I'm still going to talk him into it if this release holds enough to make him happy

Edited by Theronnett

I agree that things are a bit slow, however I think it's because we haven't had the first release. Once that hits, we'll get bug reports and feature requests and all that jazz. Most of the buzz and excitement is out of the way since before TEI's release, and after that it was mostly feature requests and bug reports.

I don't wanna ask for a super specific ETA, but will we be seeing the first release in April? Or May at the very least?

I agree that things are a bit slow, however I think it's because we haven't had the first release. Once that hits, we'll get bug reports and feature requests and all that jazz. Most of the buzz and excitement is out of the way since before TEI's release, and after that it was mostly feature requests and bug reports.

I don't wanna ask for a super specific ETA, but will we be seeing the first release in April? Or May at the very least?

it's been stated a dozen times already that it is slated for next week.

No need to be rude about it, I was just asking because I hadn't seen a post about a release window.

Please try to be a tad bit more respectful, even when helping :)

problem with written and verbal, everyone always assumes rudeness with truth is stated. If it was verbal, no body would have taken offense. It's like the same when texting a girlfriend. You text one thing and she'll take it the complete wrong way, then you say the exact same way verbally and she doesn't take offense at all. Never understood why writing was is fact as always taken as being rude or offensive. When saying it, i get the response of, "Roger, Tango Mike"