thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Sounds good to me ^^

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Something like this? :D

http://i.imgur.com/1TotAtt.jpg

Yeah that looks beautiful, but I don't think ammunition count will work.

Any thoughts of polarized EVA helmets like this?

http://i.imgur.com/kuRRjuF.jpg

Or pelican pilot helmets like

http://i.imgur.com/mMENGVk.png

http://i.imgur.com/R9JFFZO.png

I dont think polarized EVA helmets will be coming, though it wouldn't be hard to implement. As far as pilot helmets go, it was going to be something closer to Halo 3. I don't know where the boys are at on these things so I don't want to put my foot in my mouth too far.

Yeah that looks beautiful, but I don't think ammunition count will work.

I dont think polarized EVA helmets will be coming, though it wouldn't be hard to implement. As far as pilot helmets go, it was going to be something closer to Halo 3. I don't know where the boys are at on these things so I don't want to put my foot in my mouth too far.

The other thing is the polarized EVA helmets were never seen on the marines, just on the SPARTANs. So I'm unsure it's even necessary.

but if I'm being realistic, it probably won't ever change.

If I may share my own opinion, this has me relieved.

I think TheronNett was talking about Marine rebreathers, so here you go. Some concept from Reach:

http://www.videogamesartwork.com/sites/default/files/images/image/1375881833/haloreach_character_unsc_marines_marine_07_with_rebreather_by_isaac_hannaford.jpg (206 kB) (424 kB)

There's your EVA suit with polarized helmet.

Edited by 880Zero

That's pretty sweet. Is this an official logo for the mod? How are you guys going to handle that?

I'm also pretty interested in the title screen if you guys have plans for that. TEI's title screen was cool, wondering if you guys are going to do the same or something different.

That's pretty sweet. Is this an official logo for the mod? How are you guys going to handle that?

I'm also pretty interested in the title screen if you guys have plans for that. TEI's title screen was cool, wondering if you guys are going to do the same or something different.

Nope, this is just some wallpapers or whatever you'd want that I made.

The other thing is the polarized EVA helmets were never seen on the marines, just on the SPARTANs. So I'm unsure it's even necessary.

Oh I know, But in space, Without the Atmosphere to reduce the effects of the sun, you need to be able to have a polarized shied for your visor or your going to go blind in seconds. Why all of our astronauts have polarized shields they can drop in front of their visors, or polarizing visors themselves

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Shipyards over Terraformed Mars

11114051_867431603295399_4717833880618894356_o.jpg

I do plan on adding a red dot to the ammo counter with no iron sights, so its more of a HUD projection or something. By red dot I mean just a floating dot or whatever above the ammo counter with no physical sight model.

That would be great! Maybe something like the EOtech reticle...

Naval Force Reconnaissance confirmed

It was already confirmed in Halo 2 (Recon Bn?) and Halo 4 (Force Recon)...

It was already confirmed in Halo 2 (Recon Bn?) and Halo 4 (Force Recon)...

Yeah, marine.

But Navel? That hasn't**Updated**

All the Camouflage Color Schemes In Halo Reach and Halo: CEA

Thats Pretty much about it. If you need better visuals of a certain class, please feel free to ask

Edited by R0adki11

Question, does the raptor mod work with OPTREB, Want to get a mission like this video going. UNSC detachment is scouting out new habitual planet. Over ran by prehistoric type lifeforms

so Red VS.Blue Season 13 is a thing

Any chance we will be getting RvB Easter eggs? Even a Scorpion with "Sheila" written on the side would be good enough.

Also, I think a good replacement for a blue chemlight would be one of those, for lack of memory of the actual name, light-stick-things that we see the Marines wield in Halo: CE. The ones that are scattered across the ground providing light on multiple levels.

Theronett I reckon you should start spoilertagging your list stuff so it's easier to access/scroll past. Not slamming your help, I love it.

Theronett I reckon you should start spoilertagging your list stuff so it's easier to access/scroll past. Not slamming your help, I love it.

Would if I knew how

click "go advanced"

Sorted it for him, nothing worse than a cluttered thread.

Ok, I am absolutely stoked that you guys are keeping this mod alive and you all are doing a fantastic job, but I'm just curious about something. I know that you are not going to add Spartans in this mod and I'm well aware of the time-frame this mod takes place in, but do you think it would be possible to put Spartan III's in arma, more specifically their Semi-Powered Infiltration (SPI) armor? I'm asking this because I want to know if this could possible to make in arma and honestly I think it would. First off, the most well known reasons as to why spartans aren't being added is because you can't change the height of a player model (at least that's what I was told), it would be very difficult if not impossible to add in an efficient energy shield system, and the entire units themselves would have to be over-powered as shit and be damn near impossible to kill which wouldn't be fair and even if they didn't have those attributes it would contradict their entire purpose in the mod because would essentially just have units in fancy suits of armor.

However, Spartan III's and their SPI armor I feel would be a lot more simple to make because SPI armor doesn't have energy shields and provides about the same amount of protection as ODST armor and is not nearly as advanced as MJOLNIR armor. Plus, Spartan III's were generally quite small compared to Spartan II's and were pretty much averaged as the same height as a normal adult. The only major difficulty I see here is adding the suit's camo ability which really didn't work too well to begin with.

But seriously someone needs to make a Spartan III mod.

Ok, I am absolutely stoked that you guys are keeping this mod alive and you all are doing a fantastic job, but I'm just curious about something. I know that you are not going to add Spartans in this mod and I'm well aware of the time-frame this mod takes place in, but do you think it would be possible to put Spartan III's in arma, more specifically their Semi-Powered Infiltration (SPI) armor? I'm asking this because I want to know if this could possible to make in arma and honestly I think it would. First off, the most well known reasons as to why spartans aren't being added is because you can't change the height of a player model (at least that's what I was told), it would be very difficult if not impossible to add in an efficient energy shield system, and the entire units themselves would have to be over-powered as shit and be damn near impossible to kill which wouldn't be fair and even if they didn't have those attributes it would contradict their entire purpose in the mod because would essentially just have units in fancy suits of armor.

However, Spartan III's and their SPI armor I feel would be a lot more simple to make because SPI armor doesn't have energy shields and provides about the same amount of protection as ODST armor and is not nearly as advanced as MJOLNIR armor. Plus, Spartan III's were generally quite small compared to Spartan II's and were pretty much averaged as the same height as a normal adult. The only major difficulty I see here is adding the suit's camo ability which really didn't work too well to begin with.

Well that sounds good, also the SPARTANII did not have energy shields at the beginning either, but I agree spartan iii height would make more sense. About camo, check the predator mod for arma 3, they can become invisible.

Spartan III's historically didn't exist til near the Halo 2 ERA..

Spartan III's historically didn't exist til near the Halo 2 ERA..

The Spartan III program was activated in 2531 and Spartan IIIs began deployment in 2536. Halo 2 was 2552. But still out of timeframe for the mod, and would have the same problems of implementing Spartan IIs into the mod, as they are still 7 foot tall super soldiers.

The Spartan III program was activated in 2531 and Spartan IIIs began deployment in 2536. Halo 2 was 2552. But still out of timeframe for the mod, and would have the same problems of implementing Spartan IIs into the mod, as they are still 7 foot tall super soldiers.

As I said before, I am well aware of the time-frame in which this mod takes and I am not saying that the devs should add them in the mod. I was just saying that someone should make this as a separate mod. Sure there would be no covenant to fight, but hey, what's there to stop you for not following the lore. I'm sure people would still appreciate the units anyways even though a covenant mod doesn't exist, just make something up, get creative.

Also btw, there are very few Spartan III's that are as tall as Spartan II's. Noble Team being one of them since the MJOLNIR armor makes them seem taller plus most of them are from Beta Company I believe (except for Jorge who's a Spartan II) which was tragically killed off at Pegasi Delta, Tom B292 was also a survivor so he managed to live to grow up to a near 7 feet tall as did the others that were transferred to Noble Team before Pegasi Delta. (Except for Lucy of course who is only 5.3ft tall XD)

When I said the Spartan III's were about height of a normal human, I was referring to the later generations of Spartans III's like Gamma company most of which only lived to be 12-14 years old before being killed on Onyx. At this time, they were about the same height a normal adult human and the same could be said to the Spartans of Beta Company when they attacked Pegasi Delta.