thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

This may have already been reported; a minor shadow bug (with both IS and non-IS AC)...

http://i.imgur.com/yrZcLPY.jpg

Yeah its a shadow LOD error. This happens when the shadow mesh clips the model mesh. I'll be working to fix it when I get the revised MA5B in.

Well I learned from RL Experience In the Army, Giant Pouches on the Gut is a no Go. It Fucks up your prone and you can't reach your mags. It is easier to grab Mags higher on your chest or to your sides.

Personally I kept 2 mags On my Back that I can easily reach if prone or from my buddy to reach if we were running low in a Fire fight. Especially when I was the 249 gunner. Always good to keep a few spare 30 round mags on you

As you'll see in this photo, I had thin pouches on the gut and the Bigger ones to my side

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/280146_2262548567785_73927_o.jpg

Damn, look at that stud. But on to topic, at some point, it's between realism and sci-fi. I don't mean to offend and I do appreciate all your work folks, but was just my thought that the pouches didn't seem...."connected" to the vest, just seemed more that it was appearing out of no where and I figured I could point that out before release.

Okay. Look in at it at this angle. The Iron sights for the AR on Halo Online actually looks really cool

View of the sight 1st person

http://i.imgur.com/ehej958.jpg (270 kB)

3rd person view

http://i.imgur.com/nQ9fVA1.jpg

Looking at it. Saber/343 may have gotten the Idea from Bungie's concept art for the MA37 for halo reach here. Where there is a MA5 with Irons

Halo Reach Concept Art

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110430001111/halo/es/images/a/a3/Assault_rifle01.jpg

Also. Playing the H5 Beta. There are a few sights there that would would great

BR Holographic sight

View on weapon

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/halo-5-smart-scope.jpg

BR Sight itself

http://www.podtacular.com/wp-content/uploads/SmartScope-BR.jpg?w=600

Iron Sight attachment to the smart scope for magnum

http://gamingcentral.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/magnum-zoom2.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

Check out this page. An actual M6J

http://www.405th.com/f19/tactonyx-halo-weapons-thread-35770/

Edited by Theronnett

"AngelWingGamingJacob has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Really? Been 2 days now ;-;

"AngelWingGamingJacob has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Really? Been 2 days now ;-;

it says for my its 90% i'll fix

I for one think that the Halo Online MA5C iron sights look great. Better than what we had in TEI if I'm being honest.

I for one think that the Halo Online MA5C iron sights look great. Better than what we had in TEI if I'm being honest.

Its actually the MA5D, but I agree they look cool, you can really see the "pop up" feature of the rear sight and the attachment kit of the front sight, a lot of attention to detail. One thing I love about Saber Entertainment, Yeah they were rushed with Halo: CE, but they still made the Anniversary beautiful and the flood models crazy, and you can see what they are capable of if given time as you can see in Halo 2 Anniversary. I mean look, the remembered to add ejection ports to all the weapons, which even bugie for got to do

No Squad Automatic weapon for the UNSC forces?

It's Already In TEI, that is why.

I agree, it sort of has that AK style iron sight on it and it works well with the gun's aesthetics. I'd recommend doing that for the mod at some point.

When I was discussing how to do iron sights for the MA5B way back when I joined TEI and did the M6G as a test bed, I had voiced my opinion for using the Halo Reach concept art with the front pillar sight similar to the DMR. Unfortunately at the time, the idea was shot down and a more "practical" option was wanted so the MA5B didn't look like a DMR. That member is no longer with us, but if I'm being realistic, it probably won't ever change. I just don't have time to go back and make edits so whats in the mod is what you get. I do plan on adding a red dot to the ammo counter with no iron sights, so its more of a HUD projection or something. By red dot I mean just a floating dot or whatever above the ammo counter with no physical sight model.

As for that M6J, man that thing looks terrible. I've seen the M93 in person and it looks like an M9 with a folding front grip and stock. The M6J to the M6G should be no different.

Naval Force Reconnaissance confirmed

https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth

soundtrack #3

---------- Post added at 03:34 ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 ----------

When I was discussing how to do iron sights for the MA5B way back when I joined TEI and did the M6G as a test bed, I had voiced my opinion for using the Halo Reach concept art with the front pillar sight similar to the DMR. Unfortunately at the time, the idea was shot down and a more "practical" option was wanted so the MA5B didn't look like a DMR. That member is no longer with us, but if I'm being realistic, it probably won't ever change. I just don't have time to go back and make edits so whats in the mod is what you get. I do plan on adding a red dot to the ammo counter with no iron sights, so its more of a HUD projection or something. By red dot I mean just a floating dot or whatever above the ammo counter with no physical sight model.

As for that M6J, man that thing looks terrible. I've seen the M93 in person and it looks like an M9 with a folding front grip and stock. The M6J to the M6G should be no different.

I have no problem, with the sights now. Just was bringing it up. If you don't have the time. We completely understand bro :D

Do you mean the overall design is bad? Like a pistol with a stock on it? Or the specific design for the M6J is bad?

If it's specifically for the M6J, I'm sure you can take the liberty of changing some of it's design so that it's more pleasing on the eyes.

Do you mean the overall design is bad? Like a pistol with a stock on it? Or the specific design for the M6J is bad?

If it's specifically for the M6J, I'm sure you can take the liberty of changing some of it's design so that it's more pleasing on the eyes.

No I mean his specific take one the gun is bad. I had always planned it to be more like the M93 Raffica, where it's an M6G with a muzzle brake and fold out stock with fold out fore grip.

Zero, did you see my suggestion for the MA5's sights? What do you think about it?

No I mean his specific take one the gun is bad. I had always planned it to be more like the M93 Raffica, where it's an M6G with a muzzle brake and fold out stock with fold out fore grip.

Well what's stopping you from doing that? I've so far only found descriptions of the weapon, not actual canonical picture references. You have a bit of artistic wiggle room to make something that looks totally badass.

I'd start by designing a fold out stock that looks Halo-esque and maybe put something like the M6C/SOCOM muzzle attachment on the end of it. You might have a very interesting weapon. I'm also eager to see the MA5K, since we haven't seen much of that.

Zero, did you see my suggestion for the MA5's sights? What do you think about it?

I don't recall, was it the one that was scoped in with what looked like the ammo counter cut out around the reticle?

Well what's stopping you from doing that? I've so far only found descriptions of the weapon, not actual canonical picture references. You have a bit of artistic wiggle room to make something that looks totally badass.

I'd start by designing a fold out stock that looks Halo-esque and maybe put something like the M6C/SOCOM muzzle attachment on the end of it. You might have a very interesting weapon. I'm also eager to see the MA5K, since we haven't seen much of that.

Time is a valuable commodity :P But yeah it would be very easy to do IMO since half the gun is already done. I like the idea of the M6C/SOCOM style muzzle brake.

I don't recall, was it the one that was scoped in with what looked like the ammo counter cut out around the reticle?

Yup that one!

Lemme refresh your mind :D

"http://i.imgur.com/Dq6nO7v.jpg (449 kB)

Maybe make the zoom adjustable starting from IS to the current mag level (this would eliminate the need of IS counter), perhaps even add more vision modes.

EDIT: Or alternatively, replace IS with a 2x or 1x version of the scope and the original scoped mode with the mag level currently in place."

What do you think?

Definitely do-able, but I was more talking about a reticle for ADS when using the no-irons attachment. The scope concept would work really good, but would need some added visual flair like ranges and stuff to make it useable.

Definitely do-able, but I was more talking about a reticle for ADS when using the no-irons attachment. The scope concept would work really good, but would need some added visual flair like ranges and stuff to make it useable.

Sounds good to me ^^

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Something like this? :D

http://i.imgur.com/1TotAtt.jpg