Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

please give the AI a brain to self heal.... AI medic system needs a lot of work

i miss the OFP days where you could run towards a medic and an action would appear saying heal at... so on on.

now you got to rely on a medic to come to you.

also, i noticed the AI do not heal themselves.... go on mate by all means heal yourself, one less command i have to make.

another thing... when you try to heal someone else they just **** off lol

i think the AI need a lot of work regarding AI medic system

Hmmmm...

If i have a Medic in my scuad i get the option to

heal at him... But as you say, if they have kits

on them and are wounded, they wont use

the kits... I have to ORDER them to do so...

hmm i dont get any options to heal at any squad mate... only when they are injured themselves it gives you the heal option because they are also hurt, so you would heal them not the other way around.

Automatic AI healing would need a carefully thought-out set of conditions when to allow and when to disallow AI healing. Easy conditions like "heal only if safe" are probably a matter of course. Healing in combat? That is a different story. Sometimes you don't want them to heal because you need them to run or whatever. Those things would have to be solved in order to have it working properly.

Yeah, pretty much what Bouben said: the AI needs to be as basic as possible by design, such that mission makers can put in the desired higher-level behaviour (without having to fight lower level behaviour all too much).

But clearly, there is a demand to put common higher-level behaviour (~rules of engagement) together in a quick and easy way, instead of having to script this all by yourself (...and combatMode/behaviour just doesn't cut it). Modules have been introduced as an answer to this, the problem (at least with A2 modules) was that hey were not that great in the first place and/or simply broken most of the time and never really fixed. Be it for the warefare, coin, the various civ/traffic or the medic module... the community came up with better ones... so I'm not sure where the official take on modules is nowadays. I haven't even really looked yet, what's available in A3... as it seems not that much, hu?

Part of the problem is also that combatMode and behaviour have too much side-effects (plus they affect the group, not individual units!), and it probably would be better to have finer grained commands available - at least for scripting. :rolleyes:

Edited by ruebe

Don't the AI already heal themselves?

I shoot guys all the time who start healing before I get the next shot off.