Sign in to follow this  
citazenman

Insurgent Actions (Kunduz, Afghanistan Missions)

Always Light Infantry?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Always Light Infantry?

• Yes.
    • Add some vehicle mission.

I am in the middle of the 2nd mission and the atmosphere is excellent especially with the constant bombing in the background. However, I have *a suggestion to put forth and its something that SHOULD BE IN THE GAME BY DEFAULT: Laser pointers should be enabled for all teammates so AI will turn them on when in 'combat' mode.

BTW, what possible reason/excuse could be offered to explain why this is not the way it works to begin with? Any AI equipped with a laser pointer should automatically turn them on when its night and they are in 'combat' mode. This should be done automatically or at the very least a command should exist in the long list that allows a player to instruct AI teammates that the little device on their rifle is not just for looks! Turn the thing on! Instead, you must enter a code for it to even be possible.

Oh yea, I'm pretty sure a command exists in the 'action' section that allows you to tell a teammate to turn their laser device on...which they promptly do for all of about a split second before turning it back off.

Edited by SouthernSmoke

I am in the middle of the 2nd mission and the atmosphere is excellent especially with the constant bombing in the background. However, I have *a suggestion to put forth and its something that SHOULD BE IN THE GAME BY DEFAULT: Laser pointers should be enabled for all teammates so AI will turn them on when in 'combat' mode.

BTW, what possible reason/excuse could be offered to explain why this is not the way it works to begin with? Any AI equipped with a laser pointer should automatically turn them on when its night and they are in 'combat' mode. This should be done automatically or at the very least a command should exist in the long list that allows a player to instruct AI teammates that the little device on their rifle is not just for looks! Turn the thing on! Instead, you must enter a code for it to even be possible.

Oh yea, I'm pretty sure a command exists in the 'action' section that allows you to tell a teammate to turn their laser device on...which they promptly do for all of about a split second before turning it back off.

There is a very easy scripting command to tell units to use their lasers and I will use it in the future. Thanks for the suggestion. I happen to think that the fact that arma 3 is in a futuristic environment, in which just about everyone can see your lasers from a mile away, has something to do with lasers being turned off by default. I do think that there should be an easier way to tell your squad members to turn them on.(the default command system doesn't have this to my knowledge.) Maybe a good idea for a mod.

I do think that there should be an easier way to tell your squad members to turn them on.(the default command system doesn't have this to my knowledge.) Maybe a good idea for a mod.

I think WWAIMenu let's you do that from its menu, opened by Numpad 9.

There is a very easy scripting command to tell units to use their lasers and I will use it in the future. Thanks for the suggestion. I happen to think that the fact that arma 3 is in a futuristic environment, in which just about everyone can see your lasers from a mile away, has something to do with lasers being turned off by default. I do think that there should be an easier way to tell your squad members to turn them on.(the default command system doesn't have this to my knowledge.) Maybe a good idea for a mod.

Yeah, I thought about that. If the AI just turned them on then they would be giving away their position to enemies with NV. But, yes there should have been a simple command to order them to turn lasers on.

What am I supposed to do at the beginning of your first mission again? Something about a 'whiteboard' but I do not know what that is nor have I found it around the compound the player starts at.

Finished the 2nd mission: nicely done, I enjoyed it.

I think WWAIMenu let's you do that from its menu, opened by Numpad 9.

Thanks, Im going to check that out for sure.

What am I supposed to do at the beginning of your first mission again? Something about a 'whiteboard' but I do not know what that is nor have I found it around the compound the player starts at.

The whiteboard is at the meeting point. It allows you to recruit a group or two of infantry.

I'm currently in heavy development of some ACE 3 showcases and an ACE 3 sandbox/boot-camp. I'm making these because I really want to have some quality content out as soon as ACE 3 releases. I'll post some links here but when they're ready, but they will be in their own threads. This campaign may actually take me quite a while to get out. Something should definitely be out by the end of May though.