Sign in to follow this  
citazenman

Insurgent Actions (Kunduz, Afghanistan Missions)

Always Light Infantry?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Always Light Infantry?

• Yes.
    • Add some vehicle mission.

Hello,

Here is the first mission in a series I hope to make. The mission is well scripted with no errors and has been play tested. These missions will not be easy. They will also not be fast paced at all times but they will be interesting and will show off some of the awesome work James2464 has done with the terrain. I've only created one mission for now and I will wait til I see that people enjoy the general style of the mission before I continue. Here are just some quick facts about the first mission.

NEW! This second mission in the series and it showcases the beauty of Kunduz at night. It is a suspenseful in depth recreation of what MIGHT have happened one night when a U.S. special ops team had to be guided to safety by afghan scouts.

Note: Future missions will most likely not have you play as the militia. This depends on any feedback. I just prefer being good guys. :)

INFORMATION UPDATE AND TRAILER RELEASE.

Here is the trailer for the campaign. I'm planning on it being an episodic story, focused on the repercussions of some of the biggest actions in Kunduz and the secrets behind them.(HEAVILY FICTIONALIZED. read the disclaimer in the video description for my full position.) The campaign is coming along nicely. I'm always looking for ideas and inspiration so if you have any suggestions please send me a PM. I'm planning on doing a trailer for each episode possibly, so please give me some feedback on this one. I made it in only a few hours but it was quite difficult. Although heavily story driven, this campaign will be made up of mil-sim based missions. (Not as cheesy as the trailer :) )

Mission 1 Info and requirements.

-COOP/SP up to 4 players

-Requires RHS Escalation and Leights Opfor Pack!

-Play as the local Militia

-Fight in the open and in close quarters

-On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, I would say this is a 7(biased)

-*Modified Revive system for friendly A.I. and players (kinda difficult to remove)*

-Good Performance!

-Time to complete 20-30 minutes if you take your time

Everything you need to know is in the mission briefing.

Please give some feedback!

Mission 2 Info and requirements.

-COOP/SP up to 4 players

-Requires RHS Escalation and Leights Opfor Pack! (Firewill's F-16 is optional)

-Play as a U.S. Special forces team

-Fight in the open and in close quarters

-On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, I would say this is a 8(biased)

-*Modified Revive system for friendly A.I. and players (kinda difficult to remove)*

-Good Performance!

-Time to complete 30-40 minutes if you take your time

Everything you need to know is in the mission briefing.

Please give some feedback!

DOWNLOAD Mission 1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksz66ftfo8lllbb/InsurgentActions1.rar?dl=0

DOWNLOAD Mission 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09262zspalcl7xl/Insurgent%20Actions%202.rar?dl=0

STEAM LINK: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CitazenMan/myworkshopfiles/

*To remove the revive system you need to delete the =BTC= folder and remove any thing BTC related from the init.sqf and description.ext.

Thank you to Giallustio for the revive system.

Episode 3 Preview

CHANGELOG:

-4/6/15 Uploaded Mission 2.

The mods I think I will be using in the coming campaign. (feel free to let me know if you think its too much.)

BWmod (for the German units)

RHS Escalation (U.S. units and weapons)

Leight's Opfor Pack (Afghan units)

Firewill's F-16 (adds an F-16 which I think the U.S. was deploying at the time)

ACE 3 (Middle of April I've heard)

Edited by CitazenMan
TRAILER!!!!

Played it and liked it, but wasn´t able to finish it because I unloaded the package to early. Maybe it would be good if the player could load and unload the package not only one time.

Anyway a nice mission to test the great new map of James. Hopefully you make more missions with RHS or the Bundeswehr (actual german army) -mod.

Yes, I've been doing some research into the actual events in the Kunduz Province and I think It could make for some fun missions. Especially with the Bundeswehr. Thanks for the feedback.

Will your missions be every time from the point of view of the insurgents?

Publish it on workshop, please ! Going to give it a try today :)

Will your missions be every time from the point of view of the insurgents?

The answer is in the first post.

Note: Future missions will most likely not have you play as the militia. This depends on any feedback. I just prefer being good guys.

Thank you AlexSegen,

I didn´t read it. I asked it because I also prefere to play as BLUFOR (here ISAF,RS,...) or GREENFOR (here ANA,ANP,LSF).

Any changelog for this update? or was just a info update?

Just some info, missions will be updated in a few minutes

Updated!

Edited by CitazenMan
uploaded updates

Really looking forward to this!(On a side note I have spent ages trying to get my mod list sorted as i was having lots of problems with Middle east Conflict.finally fixed it,but now there dosnt seem to be as many scenarios as I thought that require it...And now I see you are using Leights Opfor!More downloading!lol

Really looking forward to this!(On a side note I have spent ages trying to get my mod list sorted as i was having lots of problems with Middle east Conflict.finally fixed it,but now there dosnt seem to be as many scenarios as I thought that require it...And now I see you are using Leights Opfor!More downloading!lol

Lol, It is both good and bad that Arma 3 mods have such a big file size. Big means more high quality content, but it also means long downloads and a lot of hard drive space. I am confident though that Leight's Opfor Pack is the perfect fit for the future of this series. Having the Afghan Army/Police as well as various types of insurgents really makes the missions feel authentic.

Looking good! Nice work! If someone can post a video playthrough that would be awesome :)

Played Ep.2 without any errors. It was difficult without an optic with nightvision but it was fun. Maybe the AI is a bit overpowered. My "comrades" killed the enemy with one shot on a range of 300 metres. The firefights would be much more intensive if the AI would need a few more bullets.

If you use the german mod you should also add this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28054. The german armored Dingo is and was the most used vehicle of german forces in Afghanistan.

Keep up the great work. Hopefully the next episode will include german forces.:p

Edited by reforger

Played Ep.2 without any errors. It was difficult without an optic with nightvision but it was fun. Maybe the AI is a bit overpowered. My "comrades" killed the enemy with one shot on a range of 300 metres. The firefights would be much more intensive if the AI would need a few more bullets.

If you use the german mod you should also add this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28054. The german armored Dingo is and was the most used vehicle of german forces in Afghanistan.

Keep up the great work. Hopefully the next episode will include german forces.:p

Yup, German forces inbound! I'm really enjoying making these missions and although I really want to wait until ACE 3 realeases to make the majority of them, I'm tempted to release a showcase of what I'm doing for the German units. The German units went through some action movie worthy intense situations in Kunduz. The missions are only going to get better in my opinion.

I'll certainly take your suggestion for the Dingo. You seem to be quite knowledgeable about German things :) It will probably be an optional vehicle similar to how I had an optional F-16 in mission 2.

Regarding A.I. and accuracy, I use ASR AI 3 by Robalo and If you customize the userconfig a bit you can have long and suspenseful firefights. I might ask Robalo if I'm allowed to upload my custom userconfig here.

Yup, German forces inbound! I'm really enjoying making these missions and although I really want to wait until ACE 3 realeases to make the majority of them, I'm tempted to release a showcase of what I'm doing for the German units. The German units went through some action movie worthy intense situations in Kunduz. The missions are only going to get better in my opinion.

I'll certainly take your suggestion for the Dingo. You seem to be quite knowledgeable about German things :) It will probably be an optional vehicle similar to how I had an optional F-16 in mission 2.

Regarding A.I. and accuracy, I use ASR AI 3 by Robalo and If you customize the userconfig a bit you can have long and suspenseful firefights. I might ask Robalo if I'm allowed to upload my custom userconfig here.

Anychance you can upload your ASR AI custom config on here. Am no good tinkering with them myself :/

Anychance you can upload your ASR AI custom config on here. Am no good tinkering with them myself :/

I'm still tinkering with it myself. I might put it up in a day or two.

I'm still tinkering with it myself. I might put it up in a day or two.

Cool. Will keep my eye out ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khzpn6avolu9hyw/asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf?dl=0

Here is what I've been using during my testing as an ASR userconfig. I'm still working on getting the class name based system working where units such as snipers and medics have specific skill-sets. This current config just adjusts the units on a faction wide adjustment. It actually works very well and the accuracy and maneuverability of units makes sense for their faction. (insurgents < trained soldier etc.) This supports all the RHS, Leight's Opfor and Default units. GTA 5 comes out very soon so me and my friends will be busy with that for a little bit but development of this and the campaign is still on track.

Trailer Coming Soon!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khzpn6avolu9hyw/asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf?dl=0

Here is what I've been using during my testing as an ASR userconfig. I'm still working on getting the class name based system working where units such as snipers and medics have specific skill-sets. This current config just adjusts the units on a faction wide adjustment. It actually works very well and the accuracy and maneuverability of units makes sense for their faction. (insurgents < trained soldier etc.) This supports all the RHS, Leight's Opfor and Default units. GTA 5 comes out very soon so me and my friends will be busy with that for a little bit but development of this and the campaign is still on track.

Trailer Coming Soon!

Looking forward to more!i always used bCombat instead of ASR as i thought the ai being able to call reinforcements and CAS would maybe ruin missions-like guys who should be guarding something being called away to help a different group etc-does that happen?

.:p

This is a common theme with middle eastern insurgent type enemies in A3.As they are not equipped with body armour they are essentially just armed civiliansas so are quite weak.However if you try out bCombat they will start throwing frags and smoke and do some serious flanking moves.Makes them a bit more challenging

This is a common theme with middle eastern insurgent type enemies in A3.As they are not equipped with body armour they are essentially just armed civiliansas so are quite weak.However if you try out bCombat they will start throwing frags and smoke and do some serious flanking moves.Makes them a bit more challenging

I didn´t meant that it is unrealistic that one hit causes their dead. I meant that it is unrealistic that the AI hits the most targets with only one bullet. One shot, one hit.

Ah- yes that can be annoying alright.Have you tried bCombat?It makes enemied and friendlies much more real.They search buildings throw frags,flank etc.It also stops the one second aim sniper skills the ai seem to have.It's worth trying

The trailer will be up sometime on Sunday! ACE 3 seems like it will be coming out on the 29th and the first release of this will hopefully be soon after. I really want the first campaign/mission pack structured around ACE to be worthy of it, so nothing set in stone yet.

TRAILER RELEASED!

Edited by CitazenMan

The trailer is very nice and well made but me PERSONNALY think that it is to close to real happenings. The attack at the fuel trucks in 2009 is a very difficult topic and the starting scene of your trailer is really close to it. Anyway I like the published missions and will play your new missions too. This should not become a political discussion.:eek:

So keep up the great work.