Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HAFM - Eurocopter EC-635

i would say add flir to all versions for the copilot for observation and recon. in arma it makes sense that the pilot has control over all the unguided munitions.

i would say add flir to all versions for the copilot for observation and recon. in arma it makes sense that the pilot has control over all the unguided munitions.

Exactly my point mate :)

in addition to the video that gunny posted above here`s another Video that shows some weaponsystems wich can be addapted to the TIGER and also some on the EC 635

I've one question ... I'm trying to add a FLIR operation on that chopper but according to weapons setup so far, I believe that only on the one armed with TOW missiles variant might be usefull ... for all other variants FLIR will be just for observation purposes and the weapon systems should be handled by the pilot only. Is that make sense to you ?

I think FLIR to all variants is a great idea. About the weapon system, since the TOW is some sort of guided weapon the control should be copilot / WSO exclusive. Only guns and unguided rockets sould be fired by the pilot b/c he's the one who has to aim them.

I'm facing an issue and I need your help guys ...

I'm placing an EC635 on game editor with me in pilot position ... if I'll not start using the AFM option everything is fine ... but in case I'll start using the AFM the engine is starting automatically !!

So far I've tried almost everything came to my mind without any success ... so any ideas we'll be much appreciated.

hey Ap, for weaponised variant ideas check our Bo105 in A2, which is pretty much the same heli.

we made 8 different loadouts there - happy to share config etc

bo105tow1_zpspjjwp4qq.jpg

bo105ho2t_zps4pa9te7t.jpg

bo105s_zpsheehsl1e.jpg

hey Ap, for weaponised variant ideas check our Bo105 in A2, which is pretty much the same heli.

we made 8 different loadouts there - happy to share config etc

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/bo105tow1_zpspjjwp4qq.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/bo105ho2t_zps4pa9te7t.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/bo105s_zpsheehsl1e.jpg

Hi mate, glad to see you in this thread :)

My weapon variations so far are pretty much the same as these on the pics you gave me here, but in any case I believe that only one pylon has to be used for missiles as the other one has to be used for a machinegun pod ... in case you have better ideas to share I'll be glad to hear them as well as to have a look on your config in order to improve what I've have done so far.

Thanks.

hey Ap

yeah we made various hiddenselections for the missile racks, and then a lot of different proxies for the kit,

but we needed two armed models - one with a single gun pod and one with dual gunpods to prevent problems with the flash anims.

our loadouts are like this;

Bo105_weps_zpssoczourp.jpg

happy to share the model/configs etc as you need.

aha ... so I'm not the only one with flash anim problems :)

I also made a model with two HMPs but faced issues with flash anims and tracers ... so I've put it on hold for the moment.

If it is no issue for you let me have a look of your configs through PM please (ofcourse I can send you my configs too if you like) ... especially your model.cfg would be most helpful I guess.

Thanks again mate and we'll be in touch.

PM sent mate

Thanks mate, was very helpful indeed.

Also I've managed to find and fix what was causing the engine auto-start ... there is a point in memory lod which called "rtd_center" and had to be tweaked in order using the AFM. This point is responsible for the chopper land contact points but as I said only using the AFM.

Anxious to see the results!

Congratulations!

Really nice bud! Good job!

Look forward to seeing what your next project may be.

SuperLynx?

Really nice bud! Good job!

Look forward to seeing what your next project may be.

SuperLynx?

Not bad idea maybe but for the moment I need a brake ... at least from helis :)

If i'm allowed to name a suggestion: Boxer by ARTEC - Multirole modular APC. Would fit to the vanilla 2035 style. And it comes with a build in toilet (ROFL)

I would love you for a thousand years. Possibly more than my wife to be.

Isn't it the Super Lynx the same as WY-55 Hellcat BIS default heli under IND faction ? just curiosity ... can anyone provide some photos please ?

The WY-55 Hellcat or AW-159 Wildcat is the predecessor of the Super Lynx, the latter being phased out of active duty for the Wildcat.

You wanted pictures, heres some:

malaysian_super_lynx_15470032.jpg

ZG914-Army-Air-Corps-Westland-LynxSuper-Lynx_PlanespottersNet_362771.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/060610-SKP-Lynx-02.jpg (558 kB)

As you can tell its used by a wide variety of countries from Germany to Malaysia.

The below video shows the use of both the Wildcat and the Super Lynx, from its roles and weapons

Edited by Lugi

Thanks man ... still looks very similar to wildcat and the game already has one ... anyway.

Isn't it the Super Lynx the same as WY-55 Hellcat BIS default heli under IND faction ? just curiosity ... can anyone provide some photos please ?

This is the AW159 Hellcat Army version:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW159#/media/File:ZZ405_%288071796088%29.jpg

However, the WY-55 Hellcat in Arma doesnt use wheels but skids.

Super Lynx is seen in pictures 2 posts above.

How about we stop suggesting things? haha.

Good idea. We all know whatever it will be, it's going to be awsome... As usual ;)

Thanks for understanding guys ... keep in mind that prior the beggining of any project I have to search for decent blueprints and gather all available info about that .. this taking some time plus that for the moment I need some rest (also Summer time it is not the best period for projects ... at least here in Greece :) ) ...