Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HAFM - Eurocopter EC-635

I can do the full texturing if Applion submits me at least an UV-mapped lowpoly and a working highpoly ready for baking. ;D

I'm not so good on that neither I'm sure can undestand what you are talking about ... please PM and we'll discuss this in better base I believe.

What versions will you release? Unarmed and Armed version? Will there be different armed version? And will there be cargo position for passengers?

I don't know... Doorgunner on that tiny helicopter doesn't look good at all. Also just the minority has 7.62mm door guns. This is more like a bigger AH-6 with passenger seats ;) Small, but dangerous!

@Aplion

How will this model be made? A Basemodel and proxies for different weapon attachments like rocketpots and/or gunpods?

Will FLIR also be funktional? Would be awsome to have at least one sweet recon helicopter in arma.

Edited by audiocustoms

I don't care if its only 5.56mm door gun. I just like doorguns lol Every helicopter needs a door gun.

I don't know... Doorgunner on that tiny helicopter doesn't look good at all. Also just the minority has 7.62mm door guns. This is more like a bigger AH-6 with passenger seats ;) Small, but dangerous!

The OH-6 begs to differ. ;)

https://picasaweb.google.com/114207287907309787759/SharedTradedPhotoS#5435682257628525682

The Vietnam era Loach carried a door gunner with an M-60 attached to the aircraft pretty much every time they went out on a mission. A 2nd/3rd pair of eyes combined with some added firepower/protection.

There have also been other mounts, this one being one of the more ridiculous. :D

oh6minigun03.jpg

I'm afraid that I might dissapoint some of you but this chopper will have no door gunner ... will have guns on fixed pylons left and right of the fuselage which will be mashineguns into the HMP-400 pod with a 3-tube 2.75" rocket launcher fitted under the pod or just the default rocketpods.

On base variant this chopper will be armed and will carry three men as cargo and two men as crew. On cargo the closest men to the doors will might have the ability to use the fire from vehicles option. There will be also an unarmed variant.

About FLIR ... I'll see what I can do about that.

Edited by Aplion

@Darkhorse

I guess i need to apologize then :D Totally forgot about that. The reference to the AH/MH-6 was more size related. But whatever, i think it would look better without designated door guns. I could imagine FFV seats. In this case almost the same like doorgunners. Equiped with M107 and you even get a "flyingdoorsniperteam" (rofl).

EDIT:

@Aplion

I like the choice of weapons. 50cal and rockets sounds pretty good to me. It's a good self defence for a scout (if you do FLIR) and/or a transport helicopter. If you want you can have my config of the 50cal / Raufoss i just finished for my Little Bird variant from the TF47 DVP (not released atm).

Edited by audiocustoms

I'm afraid that I might dissapoint some of you but this chopper will have no door gunner

11117538_961004590591017_717514238_n.jpg?oh=4cd7f30a4c994ea2867e5e9477cba4cc&oe=5528CFA1&__gda__=1428731809_869d7c838b2671ac0c844bfec9e15f6d

Just kidding. :p

The weaponry you've mentioned is more than enough. Besides, there's really no way to replicate the way the crew chiefs would have to be bungee-corded to the helicopter or to just stand on the skid with no strap at all.

Looks very nice! Looks almost PMC like in that black paint.

A cockpit main console WIP screenshot http://prntscr.com/6tbf7s ... much work needs to be done and some things need to be more accurate ... but more or less this is the main concept.

Nice work.

Question though: can you make the same 3rd pers view as ArmA 3 Vanilla?

On your NH-90, it's not exactly the same. Something different, but can't explain - it's like the camera is a bit higher and closer to the chopper.

I find it a bit disturbing :(

Thanks

That looks really good Aplion. Can't wait to have a little fly around in this.

Nice work.

Question though: can you make the same 3rd pers view as ArmA 3 Vanilla?

On your NH-90, it's not exactly the same. Something different, but can't explain - it's like the camera is a bit higher and closer to the chopper.

I find it a bit disturbing :(

Thanks

Into each vehicle config (including mine) there is a command line starting with "extCameraPosition" and three numeric values after that. These values are controling the external view distance according the XYZ axis.

For example (to my addon) ...

extCameraPosition[] = {0,3,-15};

0m on the x axis

3m above the model in height

-15m behind the model on the y axis

On each of the default BIS choppers (as well as to all vehicles) the values are different (various) mainly according of each vehicle size (the point is to view the whole object from suitable distance).

So, in fact I'm also using, the same command with the values I thought that would fit better to the size of my chopper. In case these values seems to cause trouble during gameplay then point me to what do you think that it would be better.

You must understand that there are unlimited combinations on these numbers and every player may wish to have a different perspective than the others.

Oh, ok.

No problem then, it's just I though there was only 1 default.

Keep up the good work anyway!

Not asking for update or release but definetly would like to see more WIP picures i love to watch stuf being created

I just notice this mod.Looks great.

But I think I'm not familiar with this helicopters,which countries are using it right now?And is any armed version of this one exist?Military use I mean.