Subscribe on Steam Workshop

Download from Armaholic

Download from Arma3.de

Download on withSIX

xSoc3DR.jpg

Videos:

Spoiler

Description:

This small addon changes brightness of illumination during the night time. Basicly it makes so there is no completly pitch black conditions. Although this addon works as is out of the box, mission makers can configure level of brightness and color of illumination with these two variables:
CHBN_adjustBrightness - SCALAR: brightness of the terrain and objects on the ground, ranging from 0 to 1. To disable script, set this variable to 0. Default value is 0.5.
CHBN_adjustColor - ARRAY: color of illumination in format [RED, GREEN, BLUE] where every color varies in range from 0 to 1. To disable change of color, set this variable to [0,0,0]. Default value is [0.3,0.5,1].

Changelog:

v1.03

- changed: variable "CHBN_adjustBrightness" is now capped and has maximum and minimum values ranging from 0 to 1. Make sure you adjust this variable in your mission files accordingly (although it will work anyway)

- changed: illumination has a cooler tone to simulate moonlight

v1.02

- fixed: posible error in rpt

v1.01

- fixed: possible bug in multiplayer

v1.0

- first public release

Download

or 

Subscribe on Steam Workshop

• Like 8

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Champ-1;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks Champ-1. Does the script version work in a multiplayer environment? where does it run, on the server or on the client?

Edited by deleyt

Yes, it works in multiplayer and on dedicated servers. Its client side.

CH Bright Nights v1.01

Note:

Should work fine as is, but updating it just in case.

Changelog:

v1.01

- fixed: possible bug in multiplayer

Download

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for this, it makes the terrible night vision in Arma 3 significantly better.

Nice little script!

Just one tiny detail though : I wonder if the WaitUntil loop is really necessary.

Obviously it is very usefull for mission makers trying to figure out the right settings; but once in-game, there's no reason for those settings to change anymore, making that loop a bit useless.

Great job otherwise, your solution is smart & efficient - love it! ;)

Nice work, thank you very much for sharing this. It will be especially useful when playing night missions without NVGs, as BIS' flares are abysmally inadequate.

Nice little script!

Just one tiny detail though : I wonder if the WaitUntil loop is really necessary.

Obviously it is very usefull for mission makers trying to figure out the right settings; but once in-game, there's no reason for those settings to change anymore, making that loop a bit useless.

Great job otherwise, your solution is smart & efficient - love it! ;)

Addon waits for mission initialization and if script version is running in that mission, addon exits.

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

If you mean that loop at the end, there is no reason not to have it. It's not goining to slow down the game or anything.

Is there any way to imrove the vibrancy of dayttime colours?arma 3 looks quite washed out during the day.Thanks again!

Is there any way to imrove the vibrancy of dayttime colours?arma 3 looks quite washed out during the day.Thanks again!
Not with this script.

You would need to toy around with Post-Processing effects I think.

Ok thanks.Am I the only one who thinks A3 is really washed out?The game evn looks better when you save and it freezez for a second and the colours change.Thanks again for a cool little mod!

Ok thanks.Am I the only one who thinks A3 is really washed out?The game evn looks better when you save and it freezez for a second and the colours change.Thanks again for a cool little mod!
I think you wanna configure your display settings. Pretty easy solution, huh?

I think you wanna configure your display settings. Pretty easy solution, huh?

Even then it is quite difficult to achieve something; someone made a thread a few months ago, with pictures from Lemnos (where he was on a vacation trip) vs Altis in-game.

The diference is staggering...

Edited by Pepe Hal

Even then it is quite difficult to achieve something; someone made a thread a few months ago, with pictures from Lemnos (where he was on a vacation trip) et Altis in-game.

The diference is staggering...

i agree-it isnt my display settings.I have seen gameplay of A3 on several different monitors and devices-the colour palate is washed out.there is no vibrancy.I have tried messing with saturation but it is never quite right.Think i will look into using that sweetFX thing..

i agree-it isnt my display settings.I have seen gameplay of A3 on several different monitors and devices-the colour palate is washed out.there is no vibrancy.I have tried messing with saturation but it is never quite right.Think i will look into using that sweetFX thing..

Iv used sweetfx in Arma3 before,it does improve visual with more vibrancy,its not over the top on default setting but when looking at foilage,expect frame drop.

Ah- thanks.i'll wait till i get my new CPU then.My i54440 struggles a bit already.I dont realy understand how sweetfx works either

I like this addon but have several errors in rpt:

File CH_brightNights\config.cpp, line 18: '/CfgFunctions/CH/brightNights/brightNights.postInit': Missing ';' prior '}'
No more slot to add connection at 033057

and

11:25:30 control[CA_ValueIsland]: Unexpected control type [4]

11:25:30 control[CA_ValueName]: Unexpected control type [4]

11:25:30 control[CA_ValueNameScripted]: Unexpected control type [5]

Is it possible to solve this problems?

I can fix this:

File CH_brightNights\config.cpp, line 18: '/CfgFunctions/CH/brightNights/brightNights.postInit': Missing ';' prior '}'
But I have no idea what's this:
No more slot to add connection at 033057

and this:

Not even sure if it's related to this addon. My guess it's not.

P.S. Silent update to v1.02. It suppose to fix first error.

Edited by Champ-1

Thank you for a fast update. I have checked again, first one resolved. Also I found that the problem with control[CA_ValueIsland] and control[CA_ValueNameScripted] appear only when I load any mission with

CHBN_adjustBrightness = 1;

CHBN_adjustColor = [0.5,0.7,1];

in init.sqf. Maybe Arma3 fault because I found same problems dated 2013 year in Google.