silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Well that might be a work around for now, but its no sollution as terrain creation depends on the newest Arma version to make sure it runs without errors. That would be like suggesting to use A2 to play on Chernarus.

I hope that Silola has a heart and finds the time to fix this error, also he and his team have abandonded A3 just because of such updates. This would help and benefit lots of terrain creators that got used to this magnificent tool (i already tried the others around, but none is as easy to handle and offers that many options).

• Like 3

I do not understand why Bohemia does not stay with this magnificent Addons, improves it, translates it and puts it as part of the editor. With the millions of players who have this if it is more important than an ambulance and a mine detector.

I hope that the magnificent modders can fix it sooner if not many servers are late in opening.

• Like 2

Not sure if this was an intentional pause from BIS but it would be a shame if this effects xCam for too long. A lot of modders rely on this amazing tool to create their desired worlds. 

Came here to check on an update, didn't realize I was still on the first page and scrolled to the bottom. kept seeing "Thanks so much" and "Thank you for releasing this", I had such a sad face when i realized I was on page 1. Iv'e been checking back at least 4 times a day to see if there's any update as I'm very eager to get back to work with the best fucking mod arma has seen in years.

Hi,

that's exactly why I left the Arma community. You invest hundreds of hours in an Arma project and somehow it just does not work anymore.
The same problem is also common with VBS. Sometimes I ask myself ... is there a kind of quality control at Bohemia? I do not know.

As I had already guessed, after I had a first test, the problem is with an EventHandler, which starts the control of the camera movements.
Today I got 2 PM's which confirm my guess. For example, from AxiosODST:

After the Latest update for Arma 3, a function was changed. Here is the fix if you would like to update. Removed BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler, and replaced by addMissionEventHandler.

Thanks for the note, AxiosODST :)

Next week, I try to find time to solve the problem.
Please excuse the delay, but I still have other important things to do.

Silola

• Like 12

Quality control, they have to write behind the ears. It's annoying.

terrain pack is not working too

33 minutes ago, silola said:

Next week, I try to find time to solve the problem.
Please excuse the delay, but I still have other important things to do.

Silola

Thank you!

Leaving apart this annoying problem with the camera. I would like to know where and wich folder does X-cam put my saved xcam missions so I can load in another PC and continue editing. THANKS!

Don't understand why they would remove BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

On 10/9/2017 at 1:24 PM, Sentado said:

Leaving apart this annoying problem with the camera. I would like to know where and wich folder does X-cam put my saved xcam missions so I can load in another PC and continue editing. THANKS!

17 minutes ago, Sentado said:

Someone HELP?

Are you looking for your X-cam saved project?

Try:

(Your Steam Installation)/Arma 3/@inidbi/db/xCam/Library_Pro/YourProject.ini

Thanks so much Siola! This has become somewhat of an invaluable tool to us guys creating custom maps, especially me being that I have almost 0 time to properly learn how to use TB. Really appreciate the help with this considering how big of a pain in the ass these things are to deal with. Much love man.

18 hours ago, Sentado said:

Someone HELP?

You don´t need to spam the thread. Ask a question and wait patiently for an answer buddy...that´s the only way it works in here.

Missions are stored in your Misisonfolder (PC-Documents-arma 3 other profiles-YOURNAME-missions

projects are exported to arma main folder

have a nice day

Chaser

• Like 2

Hi,

is there anything to consider if I switch to "addMissionEventHandler", because it's not working for me :(

I've tried this so far:

_ef = addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame", xCam_fCamUnit];
_ef = addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame",{ _this execVM "xCam\xCam_Cam_Unit.sqf" }];

Silola

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silola said:

Hi,

is there anything to consider if I switch to "addMissionEventHandler", because it's not working for me :(

I've tried this so far:

_ef = addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame", xCam_fCamUnit];
_ef = addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame",{ _this execVM "xCam\xCam_Cam_Unit.sqf" }];

Silola

I found the solution:

in xCam_Press_Btn.sqf:

replace:

_ef = ["xCam_EF_ID", "onEachFrame", xCam_fCamObject] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

by :

onEachFrame{
	[] spawn xCam_fCamObject;
};

And, in xCam_Cam_Object.sqf:

add this on begin (I don't know why it doen't inisialized in xCam_Start_UI.sqf):

if(isNil 'xcam_vector_marker')then
{
	xCam_Vector_Marker = createVehicle ["Sign_Sphere10cm_F", (position player), [], 0, "NONE"];
};

And done, you can move the camera ;)

• Like 3