silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

After an update to v1.21, my project cannot be loaded and I am getting these errors:

Q8EN7bV.png

RMSk6tv.png

... any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello!

I encountered this issue today, perhaps you could help...

20161229184028_1.jpg

When I start to load my project I get this error and the loading stops. I started to get this issue today, but it won't even load the objects that were placed yesterday, and that's around 3-4k of objects. 

Here's the link to the project file, if that helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c29banu6u9efbbv/fow_map_helkijn_Helchin_Village_Vegetation.ini?dl=0

Thank you,

Best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeg0r said:

Hello!

Try reinstalling xcam.

2 hours ago, jeg0r said:

Hello!

20161229184028_1.jpg

When I start to load my project I get this error and the loading stops. I started to get this issue today, but it won't even load the objects that were placed yesterday, and that's around 3-4k of objects. 

Here's the link to the project file, if that helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c29banu6u9efbbv/fow_map_helkijn_Helchin_Village_Vegetation.ini?dl=0

Thank you,

Best

Hi,

I've found some empty data within your project file, for example a line like this:

obj_1954="[[82,0,411,1,"[[]]",0,[0,0,0],[0,0],0,[],0,1,-1],[75,0,411,1,"[[]]",0,[0,0,0],[0,0],0,[],0,1,-1] ..........

So, this string is wrong >>> "[[]]"

Normaly this string looks like this: "[3228.925293,2538.148682,0]" >>> it's a position string (x,y,z).

You can try to "search & replace" all these wrong strings.

Example: search for "[[]]" and replace it with "[[0,0,0]]"  ... save the changes and then try to load your project again.

If this is working then you will find all the respective objects in the lower left corner and u can delete the objects at this position.

Don't forget to save your X-Cam project after this action.

Silola

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 8:47 PM, tazmania720 said:

I read in a different thread that XCam can be used for co-op mission editing at the same time.  Is this true and if so how?  Thanks.

@silola Is there a video on this that I didn't see?  I heard if you put X-Cam on a server co-op editing is possible.  Is it?  Thanks.

Hi Silola,

do you know this error message?

error.jpg~original

This problem was there in Arma version 1.64 and it's in 1.66 too. Before that I didn't experience it.

.RPT file says this:

15:12:40 Warning: xcam_objects has 'author' configured as an array, should be string.
15:12:40 Warning Message: []: 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/xcam_objects/' not an array

I'm running the game with these files of X-Cam activated only:

xCam_EU.pbo and xcam_objects.pbo

But the error also comes with the whole X-Cam package loaded.

Do you have an idea what to do? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Undeceived said:

Hi Silola,

do you know this error message?

error.jpg~original

This problem was there in Arma version 1.64 and it's in 1.66 too. Before that I didn't experience it.

.RPT file says this:

I'm running the game with these files of X-Cam activated only:

xCam_EU.pbo and xcam_objects.pbo

But the error also comes with the whole X-Cam package loaded.

Do you have an idea what to do? Thanks!

Hi,

you can simply ignore this message. It's not breaking anything within X-Cam.

Silola

7 minutes ago, silola said:

Hi,

you can simply ignore this message. It's not breaking anything within X-Cam.

Silola

Ok, but it is breaking my mission :D as the player gets this error when loading it...

Is there a way to get rid of it?

currently not ... maybe later. Sorry.

17 hours ago, silola said:

Hi,

I've found some empty data within your project file, for example a line like this:

obj_1954="[[82,0,411,1,"[[]]",0,[0,0,0],[0,0],0,[],0,1,-1],[75,0,411,1,"[[]]",0,[0,0,0],[0,0],0,[],0,1,-1] ..........

So, this string is wrong >>> "[[]]"

Normaly this string looks like this: "[3228.925293,2538.148682,0]" >>> it's a position string (x,y,z).

You can try to "search & replace" all these wrong strings.

Example: search for "[[]]" and replace it with "[[0,0,0]]"  ... save the changes and then try to load your project again.

If this is working then you will find all the respective objects in the lower left corner and u can delete the objects at this position.

Don't forget to save your X-Cam project after this action.

Silola

Hello,

It worked!

Thank you so much for your help!

Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silola said:

currently not ... maybe later. Sorry.

That's too sad, Silola, but I understand you have a lot of work with other things. It just is a loss of quality, as - in my case - I have several missions in my upcoming campaign using xcam_objects and the error comes in each and everyone of them.

It looks similar to these errors reported by bhcluster:

On 28.12.2016 at 7:41 PM, bhcluster said:

After an update to v1.21, my project cannot be loaded and I am getting these errors:

Q8EN7bV.png

RMSk6tv.png

... any help is greatly appreciated.

From my (noobish) point of view it seems to be yet another "screwup" from BI's side (updates introducing new problems), because the error message came even before getting XCam 1.21, but only after one of the youngest Arma updates.

@bhcluster, what does your .RPT file say after you close your error messages?

For what ever reason when I load my project in X-Cam it does not load CUP objects (I have reloaded library but still nothing). Also I get this error when I click on the missing object loaded from my project:

yd4hkKJ.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

45 minutes ago, Undeceived said:

That's too sad, Silola, but I understand you have a lot of work with other things. It just is a loss of quality, as - in my case - I have several missions in my upcoming campaign using xcam_objects and the error comes in each and everyone of them.

It looks similar to these errors reported by bhcluster:

From my (noobish) point of view it seems to be yet another "screwup" from BI's side (updates introducing new problems), because the error message came even before getting XCam 1.21, but only after one of the youngest Arma updates.

@bhcluster, what does your .RPT file say after you close your error messages?

Please use the xCam.pbo only during the work on your mission.

At the end, If you want to play your mission/campaign you don't need this pbo anymore.

That means ... delete the xCam logic unit within your mission and save the mission again. That's all.

Silola

3 hours ago, silola said:

Please use the xCam.pbo only during the work on your mission.

At the end, If you want to play your mission/campaign you don't need this pbo anymore.

That means ... delete the xCam logic unit within your mission and save the mission again. That's all.

Silola

Thanks for your time, Silola.

As I used your wand and boden (etc.) elements, it seems that xcam_objects.pbo is needed anyway.... :glare:

error_1.jpg~original

This is what the whole thing looks like btw.: Image

One other thing:

Converting the exported sqm into Eden Editor results in an empty mission. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

4 hours ago, bhcluster said:

For what ever reason when I load my project in X-Cam it does not load CUP objects (I have reloaded library but still nothing). Also I get this error when I click on the missing object loaded from my project:

yd4hkKJ.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bhcluster, I got this error today when I had loaded a project where certain objects were not part of the XCam library (because in my case the addon xcam_objects.pbo wasn't loaded together with XCam). The project itself loaded and the (missing) objects were in the list left hand side but when I clicked on one of them, this error appeared and the camera went on the sea ground.

18 hours ago, Undeceived said:

bhcluster, I got this error today when I had loaded a project where certain objects were not part of the XCam library (because in my case the addon xcam_objects.pbo wasn't loaded together with XCam). The project itself loaded and the (missing) objects were in the list left hand side but when I clicked on one of them, this error appeared and the camera went on the sea ground.

Did you manage to load xcam_objects.pbo?

3 hours ago, bhcluster said:

Did you manage to load xcam_objects.pbo?

Of course, I tried to run everything WITHOUT it, as it caused this:

On ‎30‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 2:16 PM, Undeceived said:

error.jpg~original

Just throw the file into the @XCam >> addons folder in the Arma 3 folder.

You can find it in one of the optional folders in the download package. May solve your problem.

If it's not xcam_objects.pbo, then it could be another pbo, where your missing objects are from (given, my whole theory is correct :) at least I experienced your error message this way).

Have a good new year!

Edited by Undeceived

I still get those error, about half of the CUP object in my project show (the once I have previously placed) I can place them again from the list but cannot delete the entries that are not showing. Here is the pastebin (http://pastebin.com/yeZYRc7T) to my project if anyone can have a look I would be so grateful.

19 minutes ago, bhcluster said:

I still get those error, about half of the CUP object in my project show (the once I have previously placed) I can place them again from the list but cannot delete the entries that are not showing. Here is the pastebin (http://pastebin.com/yeZYRc7T) to my project if anyone can have a look I would be so grateful.

Your project looks okay.

If you are using CUP then it's a good idea to use only the small "xCam_EU.pbo" with A3 objects only,

because the large one is based on A3 + AiA objects and that's maybe the problem.

It's also a good idea to re-create the whole xcam_library.

Silola

5 hours ago, silola said:

Your project looks okay.

If you are using CUP then it's a good idea to use only the small "xCam_EU.pbo" with A3 objects only,

because the large one is based on A3 + AiA objects and that's maybe the problem.

It's also a good idea to re-create the whole xcam_library.

Silola

Thanks Silola for your reply but no go, I have even reinstalled the X-Cam but no luck could it be Apex thas causing this?

Hello. I need help with this thing. Does anybody know how to deal with with these prefabs and obejct info? It happens when i click on OBJ in Xcam menu... then i cant do anything another.

86A61573D349A74BB3B5C5578FF3BC245836A2D3

Best regards DonbassCZ

1 hour ago, DonbassCZ said:

Hello. I need help with this thing. Does anybody know how to deal with with these prefabs and obejct info? It happens when i click on OBJ in Xcam menu... then i cant do anything another.

86A61573D349A74BB3B5C5578FF3BC245836A2D3

Best regards DonbassCZ

Hi,

are u X-Cam beginner? Then it's a good idea to have a closer look at all the different tutorial videos:

http://arma-sim.de/xcam/contents/pages/part.html

For example:

part 15 shows you all the things you have to know about prefabs

part 17  shows you things like the pos & object info page

If u want to know how to hide the prefab and object info windows, then simply press the buttons [Pre] & [Pos] (@the top of the screen) to hide/show the respective window.

Silola

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silola said:

Hi,

are u X-Cam beginner? Then it's a good idea to have a closer look at all the different tutorial videos:

http://arma-sim.de/xcam/contents/pages/part.html

For example:

part 15 shows you all the things you have to know about prefabs

part 17  shows you things like the pos & object info page

If u want to know how to hide the prefab and object info windows, then simply press the buttons [Pre] & [Pos] (@the top of the screen) to hide/show the respective window.

Silola

Thanks very much!! Very useful! :)

Best regards DonbassCZ