silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

To use Apex objects in Xcam you just need to reload your object library and then they will show in the standard structures library and all. This doesn't allow you to see things like vegetation.

:wave:

Having the same issue as Sanchez_ESUS:

having some trouble when i try to move camera in object placement. If i go for example to xcam settings i can move camera normally but when im in objects placement i cant.

No other addons loaded, reset objects library etc.

I believe the solution is here Poolpunk:

On 9/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, fauconjona said:

I found the solution:

in xCam_Press_Btn.sqf:

replace:

_ef = ["xCam_EF_ID", "onEachFrame", xCam_fCamObject] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

by :

onEachFrame{ [] spawn xCam_fCamObject; };

And, in xCam_Cam_Object.sqf:

add this on begin (I don't know why it doen't inisialized in xCam_Start_UI.sqf):

if(isNil 'xcam_vector_marker')then { xCam_Vector_Marker = createVehicle ["Sign_Sphere10cm_F", (position player), [], 0, "NONE"]; };

And done, you can move the camera ;)

He also added a download link for the fix: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4J-rYzO-kt0WmlrT2VfNXFOWjA

• Like 1

The mentioned updates provided by @fauconjona and @Uro are now available as well on my side.

- updated x-cam.pbo

- iniDB_x64.dll

Also check out the News Section, it explains a little to those who are new to X-Cam.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have come back to xcam after a few months, I have updated the files needed and moved the make_file.dll into the arma3 directory however everytime i try to create the mission file ie click load / definition file/ CMF i get a output error and " make sure the make_file.dll is in the arma directory, Which it is

Could anyone help please

21:27:27 CallExtension 'make_file' could not be found

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 10:35 PM, ihaze said:

21:27:27 CallExtension 'make_file' could not be found

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 7:00 PM, ihaze said:

I have come back to xcam after a few months, I have updated the files needed and moved the make_file.dll into the arma3 directory however everytime i try to create the mission file ie click load / definition file/ CMF i get a output error and " make sure the make_file.dll is in the arma directory, Which it is

Could anyone help please

Are you still getting this error?

The reason is simple, you´re running ArmA3 in 64bit but X-cam with the make_file.dll provided in the download is 32 bit.

so either you run ArmA3 in 32 bit or (and that is the better choice) get the 64bit compatible make_file.dll from Killzonekids Website: http://killzonekid.com/downloads/

please Report back if ít works now.

regards

Memphis

One of the biggest problems i have in XCAM right now is when using the brush tools it will sometimes start to slowdown when i select a brush. this lag stays even when i exit the tool. meaning that my only option to fix it is to exit to editor and completely restart. i believe that the issues lies in the xcam_show_multi.sqf file. I occasionally get and error when using the brush tool pointing to line 229 (image below). 

Is anybody else getting this issue? it is very aggravating as i can only place about 500-1000 object before this happens. and i cannot save while it is lagging or it will corrupt the save.

Any way we can get a fix for this? I can lend a hand debugging if needed.

tc6Q0ss.jpg

PS. I know that silola is no longer as active in the development in this but if we could get an autosave feature every X minutes or X objects that would be massive. Keep up the great work guys.

I have the same issue as Aphex, the brush tool seems to have some sort of error over time where it will slow down your game leading to horrendous frames and xcam's ability to process things is slowed to a near halt leading to the inability to place objects in a timely manor or increasing the save times by 4-20 times normal. That being said its an enormously useful tool and I will gladly suffer through the error just to use it for mass placement.

Hi Folks!

I got a little Problem.

When i try to download the optional Files xCam_Metal (v098b) and xCam_Woodworks (v09b) , the site tells me the Files are no longer there!

Is there another way to download these Files?

(Sorry for bad english)

With limited space on my C drive I prefer to place all mods on another drive and point my Launcher in that direction.

.....which brings me to my primary point. I am getting this error when ever I start the editor and my question is, Do I need to follow your path directions specifically or can I still continue with the way I have installed your files (my D drive)

link to pic...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/gsIMPzqIzXqAWlEvdAHw92OukVn8DXdawazp7KFyz2L

Note: I am using other mods besides those that are required by Taunus

Editor Objects   http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21466

Arma Nature     http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24184

With the latest update of Arma Xcam looks like its taken another hit, https://imgur.com/a/SJMdHKf i am unable to rotate the camera and move in and out, i have already tried the .pbo replacement, that is posted earlier in this thread still not fixed, any solutions?

I cannot get the Tanoa objects in XCAM. Do  need a config file for XCAM or how can i make it work.

Thanks in advance.

was great. now it wont work for me. list on left wont populate and projects wont save and wont even unload current project

hello, thank u very much for ur great work.

i tried to install it, but i couldnt find make_file.dll...

what should i do?

my os is win 7 pro sorry

Can someone help. I cant get the xcam working its keep coming with som error codes. Doing exacly like the video. And the download link in here dosent work no more