silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Ok ... thx for the infos.

I will try to expand X-Cam with the WallBuilder function, but it will take some days.

But you will know what that means ... a new tutorial ... and you have to watch it from the beginning till the end,

otherwise you will not learn how to use this nice little tool ;-)

Silola

• Like 7

2 hours ago, silola said:

Ok ... thx for the infos.

I will try to expand X-Cam with the WallBuilder function, but it will take some days.

But you will know what that means ... a new tutorial ... and you have to watch it from the beginning till the end,

otherwise you will not learn how to use this nice little tool ;-)

Silola

If you did this. You have no idea the amount of happiness it would bring me, and I'm sure I speak for others aswell, the same feeling. Using TB to place roads and sidewalks is too much for my pea brain to handle, since I'm building on an existing flat terrain using X-cam only. Placing roads and sidewalks with my OCD (everything has to be completely  aligned)  has been almost the majority of the work I do, as it's incredibly tedious, and having this function would not only streamline the process, but it would allow so many possibilities for other objects, and make X-cam stand out as the best editing option for arma hands down. Ever since I saw the WB prototype video I have been literally daydreaming of the day we would get to use such an awesome tool. Seriously Siola, thanks for all your hard work, and you dedication to helping out the commuity even though Arma gives you 0 in return because of their habitual game breaking behavior. We really appreciate this man. I will also gladly watch any tutorial videos with that incredibly soothing voice ;)

• Like 2

I just installed the new PBO. It seems I cannot rotate the camera, but it still moves around, do I need to reconfigure a certain setting?

On saving objects with pitch and bank values so you can put them into terrain builder without having to use buldozer. It seems xCam uses the objects own axis x,y,z, and terrain builder uses x,y,z related to the map .

Actually looking at an older map i built it seems xcam did fine exporting the pitch and bank to terrain builder, maybe it was the eden update that broke it...

//export mission gives:
position[]={9497.59668,3.13074,18012.675781};azimut=36;offsetY=3.13074;this setdir 36;this setposworld [9497.59668,18012.675781,15.5018];[this,3.367,0] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;};

//export script gives:
_dat = ["Land_Bridge_Wood_F","[9497.59668,18012.675781,0]",36,15.5018,1,0,[],[3.367,0],1];call _cString;
//with
[_obj,((_dat select 7) select 0),((_dat select 7) select 1)] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;

//export absolute gives (the format terrain builder likes):
"woodrailbridge";209497.59375;18012.675781;36;0;0;1;11.7561
//notice the 0:0:1 meaning no pitch value

//maybe useful; set exact yaw, pitch, and roll
_y = 45; _p = -80; _r = 0;
BRICK setVectorDirAndUp [
	[ sin _y * cos _p,cos _y * cos _p,sin _p],
	[ [ sin _r,-sin _p,cos _r * cos _p],-_y] call BIS_fnc_rotateVector2D
];

//or

copyToClipboard str [vectorDir (get3DENSelected "" select 0 select 0), vectorUp (get3DENSelected"" select 0 select 0)];

only half a clue really, and no clue how  to include that into xcam's export function. So you turn an object by 45deg and rotate it by 3deg on its x axis. Inside terrain builder the object will now have rotation on both x and y (the same rotation cause its 45deg im guessing). So the script needs take the xyz of xcam and translate it to xyz of terrain builder. Trigonometry.

@vad Surface painter and map builder have already fixed this

I did send @silola a pm linking them, so hopefully he can pm them and maybe get it in x-cam...

thanks @RoF , i did manage to get some of my bridges pitched in buldozer but the onramps are giving me hell, the only bridges that seem to work well with pathing are completely level with the ground at both sides (even with blue dots all connecting) so im just gonna carve up the land a bit. Shame to get rid of this:

0NXB8lq.jpg

On 5.10.2017 at 11:18 PM, OmarComin said:

Any Update on the Wallbuilder addition?

it´s done when it`s done™

please have a look at the forum rules my friend...i know you are new, but asking for updates or release dates is considered spam

Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 10:18 PM, OmarComin said:

Any Update on the Wallbuilder addition?

As the post above says, asking for updates is against forum guidelines. Please do read them to avoid any possible infractions. Thanks :)

My bad guys, I only made a BI account to keep up with the progress of this specific mod. Will keep that rule in mind from here on out.

Hello, first congratulate Silola for her great work and for the application. Well, I have a little problem, with the mouse. When I'm inside XCAM in the editor and I select the OBJ button. I can not scroll the map or see the object. The movement is locked, on the keyboard and on the mouse. But I can move the mouse through the different menus. Only happens to me with the OBJ button. With the VEH or UNI tab I have no problems and the mouse and keyboard work correctly, when I want to move the object or move around the stage. I do not know what I can do. My installation is from scratch.

EDIT: I apologize, I have already read that I am not the only one who has the same problem with Objects. Sorry.

Edited by tutoveeenee
Sorry

16 hours ago, Cosmo_D41 said:

Until there is an official fix/update for XCam you can use this temporary solution that allows you to move and rotate again:

Thanks for the help.

Hey guys,

I have got a problem when i try exporting to TB

If i export all the objects at once it give me this type of code

"";202171.890625;3088.796631;87.2384;0;0;1;4.57764e-005
"";202178.53125;3064.983398;276.021;0;0;1;-2.86102e-005
"";202189.78125;3062.173096;172.999;0;0;1;-3.8147e-006
"";202200.015625;3067.328369;192.189;0;0;1;-11.352

And if i export all the object seperent it only says 

Press [Ok] to start file export

Does anyone has an idea how to fix this?

HI guys sorry for me bad english but i need ur help, when I try to save my project with xcam and then load it I do not see anything,

I think it's better the xcam than the eden,have more tools is there any solution?

8 hours ago, danibene said:

HI guys sorry for me bad english but i need ur help, when I try to save my project with xcam and then load it I do not see anything,

I think it's better the xcam than the eden,have more tools is there any solution?

Maybe you look at the tutorials. If there is no solution please post a more detailed report of your problem.

Regards

Chaser

@silola i hope you are doing fine old friend and being mostly off Arma is doing you good :smile_o:

Also once more much thanks for your, once again, most impressive work with X-Cam!

From a very inexperienced x-cam user (me) some basic thought on possible slight improvements if you may:

SRUsWh9.jpg

1. It seems useful to me to have the (vehicle) classes alphabetically sorted/grouped (area 1)

2. What about caching the types once they have been built once (area 2)

3. What about showing "instead of" class name the displayName (or "also" the displayName) in the list of types (area 2) 

4. How about showing the editorpreview images when onHover a type (area 2)

Small bug report:

If a vehicle class display names contains [] brackets (area 1), the respective classes wont be shown in types (area 2)

Thanks for the consideration! :slayer:

Hi, im having some trouble when i try to move camera in object placement. If i go for example to xcam settings i can move camera normally but when im in objects placement i cant. I created a new project and i cant move camera. 

someone nows whats happening?

i know how to use xcam, i placed 30000 objects on my map. 

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I would like to know what I have to do, so that within a group, of trees, grass and stones. Each object behaves in a specific way. The stones I want to behave according to the terrain and the inclination and the herbs also and the trees do not. I know I can do it by selecting all the herbs and activating the slo button. But I would like to know if I can do that by default when they behave like this, when I create a custom multibrush. Greetings to all and thanks for your help.

https://imgur.com/tOCjLv2

Edited by tutoveeenee

Tanoa objects have been released from ebo to pbo.

Now all we need is a xcam file to see them in game.