silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

19 hours ago, B4rryBl4ck said:

Anyone have a download link? Neither the first post of the topic works or the two supplied at the webpage. My x-cam is rather outdated, so i'll need both files :/

There's a new thing called Google which if used correctly would have taken you here. 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28507

• Like 2

On 9.4.2017 at 1:34 PM, B4rryBl4ck said:

Anyone have a download link? Neither the first post of the topic works or the two supplied at the webpage. My x-cam is rather outdated, so i'll need both files :/

take a look into my signature (jumplink Collections). I´m providing X-cam there as well, you will also get the respective makefile.dll for the latest x-cam version there

22 hours ago, B4rryBl4ck said:

Like i said, neither the topic nor the webpage has working download links. Does anyone have a mirror available or can share a copy?

OK, I fixed the Problem and it seems to work now. I also have tested it again with firefox, Chrome and Edge and the download works fine for those browsers now. The only Browser that is canceling download is Opera, I dont know why. But to be honest that is somethings I wont care about now, may be later.

Is there any way to export object from terrain builder and import them into Xcam? Or someone with a handy script or program to do so?

At the risk of double posting, could I trouble those of you who are more experienced to help please?

Concerning power lines.re:

I have also made a composition in Xcam but the same problem arises. Does anyone have a work around/trick/solution/method/,...?

thanks

On ‎13‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 3:55 PM, pvt. partz said:

At the risk of double posting, could I trouble those of you who are more experienced to help please?

Concerning power lines.re:

I have also made a composition in Xcam but the same problem arises. Does anyone have a work around/trick/solution/method/,...?

thanks

I believe your Problem corrosponds with a certain thing I´ve tried to explain here

• Like 1

Is the inidbi needed to be used with X-Cam tools in Eden? Whenever I start with inidbi loaded it states its not compatible with the 64bit Arma 3. So is there a work around or is inidbi needed for X-Cam and Eden?

EDIT:

Nevermind I just read inidbi is only 32bit so X-Cam can only be used in 32bit mode...Oh well I guess i will give it a go in 32bit mode..Tired of building bases in Eden so hopefuly X-Cam will be easier...BIS can build such good things but man they need to release the tools they use in house for us to use because I can promise they don't use Eden to build their maps...

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

Is the inidbi needed to be used with X-Cam tools in Eden? Whenever I start with inidbi loaded it states its not compatible with the 64bit Arma 3. So is there a work around or is inidbi needed for X-Cam and Eden?

EDIT:

Nevermind I just read inidbi is only 32bit so X-Cam can only be used in 32bit mode...Oh well I guess i will give it a go in 32bit mode..Tired of building bases in Eden so hopefuly X-Cam will be easier...BIS can build such good things but man they need to release the tools they use in house for us to use because I can promise they don't use Eden to build their maps...

Correct, X-Cam is 32 Bit only. Just switch over to work with X-cam. But please take care about the things I´ve refered to above (my very last post right above yours), 

On 4/7/2017 at 10:53 AM, eh chaser said:

u have to select the object first... i.g. it makes often no sense to built multiple objects with the slope...u can also use the singlebrush to place objects in slope mode. works perfectly for rocks too.

Ah, thank you. I thought there was a feature where the multi brush tool can allow objects to follow the slope.

15 hours ago, Drifter said:

Ah, thank you. I thought there was a feature where the multi brush tool can allow objects to follow the slope.

sure it does, but you have to enable the brushmode and use the hotkey then

Hi, how can I work with my partner editing at same time? Or its other way to edit the map both of us, for exmaple giving him the .sqm or something, how can we do it?

Thanks

u have to make a mission file for multiplayer and every client has to have xcam installed and loaded..that´s it.
just connect to the same server then and you are good to go

Regards

Chaser

biulding i put in xcan not working doors and not working lamps. 

On 25.5.2017 at 7:10 PM, 1para{god-father} said:

can you place Apex object ?  as cannot seem to find them

Yes you can, but most of them only with the help of mikeros tools and his tanoa-configs to make these objects usable within XCam.

Some like the bulldozers etc can regularly be placed and exported.

3 hours ago, Leviat said:

biulding i put in xcan not working doors and not working lamps. 

You have to switch on "Simulation" whithin XCam (on the top menu-bar) while placing those objects. Especially lamps etc need that.

Has anyone else experienced issues with mikeros tanoa objects.

So i build a project with xcam, exported it to TB, viewed it in buldozer but when i get in game its all f**** upped.

tanoa walls are following elevation when in xcam i didnt use follow slope function. 

Buildings are lower then they are in xcam or in buldozer.

So im at the point where im going to quit, even after having placed more than 50000 objects in xcam for my terrain.

Because i used a lot of tanoa objects for diversity and if they all act this way where i have no idea if they are wrong only after having crunched my terrain its just to much work to do it for each single object.

(roughly 100sec * 10000 objects).

PS when im in buldozer and i select a object a new option is added to properties with this in it : follow elevation or keep absolute position.

Only problem is that i can only change it while in buldozer and when i close buldozer it reverts back.

Thank you for reading this rant.

On 2017-5-27 at 5:13 PM, Cosmo_D41 said:

Yes you can, but most of them only with the help of mikeros tools and his tanoa-configs to make these objects usable within XCam.

You have to switch on "Simulation" whithin XCam (on the top menu-bar) while placing those objects. Especially lamps etc need that.

I don't have that choice

someone having issues with maps after arma jets dlc?
All biulding Cup if with problems. 

On 2017-5-27 at 5:13 PM, Cosmo_D41 said:

sure, but still not work, but i think the problem is with cup not with xcam. 

7 hours ago, ....1 said:

how to fix it. Reinstal does not help.

as the warning told you...

1st check if IniDB is installed and also! if it is loaded properly with your game

2nd if you don´t know how to do this, check tutorials on YT on how to install xCam and iniDB

Regards

Chaser

Through all the updates that arma has had the past six months or so, plus the inactivity of updates to xcam, I've not had any errors in anyway. 

Just wanted to point that out. People experiencing errors must be installing it wrong or misplacing something. When I launch arma with xcam, all works fine for me and I've not touched anything to do with the mod for quite along time.