silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Yeah i have noticed this too. Only problem is inidbi isn't supported anymore. It's inidbi2 and Xcam wasn't built with that, there are script changes and such with it, so it's not even a case of just swapping them out either. Don't think we will be using Xcam in 64 bit.

Hello

the matter is larger that that.
Taunus map or any modded map  with added buildings with xcam (like the "modmap.sqf" I use in the missions I made lately, will have issues like some buildings doors no more opening.

it seems something is broken since 1.68 update.

too bad as xcam is really a great editor.

I´m not really sure whether this has somethings to do with X-cam as X-cam has just one purpose...placing objects on the map. X-cam does not alter configurational stuff on objects that rely to the games engine.

Doors that wont open had always one reason...missing definitions in the config file that required certain properties from the P3D. I rather believe that the solution (responsibility) to this rests on the CUP Team. But this is just a guess, 

6 hours ago, rsoftokz said:

Hello

the matter is larger that that.
Taunus map or any modded map  with added buildings with xcam (like the "modmap.sqf" I use in the missions I made lately, will have issues like some buildings doors no more opening.

it seems something is broken since 1.68 update.

too bad as xcam is really a great editor.

All doors and animations work fine for me, no issues at all

2 minutes ago, Auss said:

same here, all works fine.

21 hours ago, .kju said:

Most likely inidb needs 64b dll. For now run A3 in the 32b mode to use X-Cam.

Tks, i will see if it works here

18 hours ago, -ben- said:

Yeah i have noticed this too. Only problem is inidbi isn't supported anymore. It's inidbi2 and Xcam wasn't built with that, there are script changes and such with it, so it's not even a case of just swapping them out either. Don't think we will be using Xcam in 64 bit.

But Xcam isn't supported anymore too? 

1 hour ago, Auss said:

for me it works on Arma 1.68 with x32 exe. ( I started Xcam with arma_x32.exe,  all work fine and I was able to open the doors)

it doesn't work with x64 exe. (unable to launch Xcam, for the reason mentionned  a few posts before  and when I start the mission I made with the modmap.sqf file running, all buildings are placed like it use to be but I'm unable to open a single door
mainly  for those buildings:

"Land_Cargo_House_V2_F", "Land_Cargo_HQ_V2_F", "Land_Cargo_Tower_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F"

... maybe others, for now only tested those ones .

On 18/03/2017 at 6:15 PM, .kju said:

Most likely inidb needs 64b dll. For now run A3 in the 32b mode to use X-Cam.

Use arma 3 in 32 bits don't solve the problem, any one can help me with another idea or some one of X-cam team can make x-cam work with inidbi2?

4 hours ago, Leviat said:

Use arma 3 in 32 bits don't solve the problem, any one can help me with another idea or some one of X-cam team can make x-cam work with inidbi2?

wot u mean it dont work anymore? I switched arma to 32bit and Xcam works fine

13 hours ago, Auss said:

wot u mean it dont work anymore? I switched arma to 32bit and Xcam works fine

i try but xcam not rebuild the library, he ask for i choose what mods i want try load and not give me nothing, all obj library are empty.

Hi there!

I'm having some problems to load custom objects into Xcam.

Here the list in the editor:
s6YrO7R.png

This is the list in xcam:

paM17ho.png

A lot of objects are missing!
I've some custom classes too, like the fow trees, but the list is completely empty:
Kwl0yhW.png

Does anyone have a clue?

I think I might be experiencing this too. I noticed some things missing the other night, but didn't investigate it, due to it being sooooo late. 

are you guys sure that you´ve loaded those objects properly within the x-cam library? Besides this, are you running Arma3 in 32 or 64bit?

like i said.... i didn't investigate it properly, but i did load the 32 bit version when the option appeared. 

Working on a terrain right now and would love to use X-Cam to place small rocks on the sides of hills/mountains/slopes. I use the multibrush tool, but I can't get the objects to align to the sloped angles, so the rocks just kinda lay flat hanging off the slope with one end floating instead of flowing with the slope. Is there a way to allow multibrush to follow sloped angles on a terrain? I looked through all of the tutorials and even searched here and elsewhere to see if anyone else had a similar encounter.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

Working on a terrain right now and would love to use X-Cam to place small rocks on the sides of hills/mountains/slopes. I use the multibrush tool, but I can't get the objects to align to the sloped angles, so the rocks just kinda lay flat hanging off the slope with one end floating instead of flowing with the slope. Is there a way to allow multibrush to follow sloped angles on a terrain? I looked through all of the tutorials and even searched here and elsewhere to see if anyone else had a similar encounter.

Thank you.

i can just highly recommend this great site built by memphis.

X-Cam Jumplink

Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eh chaser said:

i can just highly recommend this great site built by memphis.

X-Cam Jumplink

Regards

Chaser

Already been there, watched the videos, nothing about multibrush slope alignment from what I saw.

19 hours ago, Drifter said:

Already been there, watched the videos, nothing about multibrush slope alignment from what I saw.

i think u didn´t watched all the videos...becaus it is the slopefunction u are looking for..can be activated with a hotkey and with the button "SLO" on top of your workspace

Part 10 in the Jumplink section

Hotkey

SLO Button

regards

Chaser

1 minute ago, eh chaser said:

i think u didn´t watched all the videos...becaus it is the slopefunction u are looking for..can be activated with a hotkey and with the button "SLO" on top of your workspace

regards

Chaser

I actually did watch that specific video you stated and others numerous times before coming here. Doesn't work in the multibrush tool. I check SLO and go into multibrush and no object slope alignment. Go into the multibrush tool, and try to activate SLO, gave me a message saying no object selected, same process for the keybinding. In the video I saw Silola only use it with the single brush tool. In the past when I used this tools for some of my maps I felt like multibrush already had slope alignment on, but now it just doesn't work for me. In the past 2-3 weeks I have been using the group function and then enabling SLO which works, but requires a pinch more work.

I will try and reinstall XCam to see if something is corrupted and see if I have any luck.

Thank you.

u have to select the object first... i.g. it makes often no sense to built multiple objects with the slope...u can also use the singlebrush to place objects in slope mode. works perfectly for rocks too.

Anyone have a download link? Neither the first post of the topic works or the two supplied at the webpage. My x-cam is rather outdated, so i'll need both files :/

• Like 1