silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Hey silola,

Just finished all your Tutorials for Xcam. Xcam is great, going to save me so much time on my project.

One thing I'm unsure of is, how to edit the objects that I'v previously placed in my terrain using terrain builder. The buildings show up in X cam but I can't move them, I know how to export objects from Xcam to terrain builder, but don't know how to do the other way.
Is there a way to export from TB to Xcam?

7 hours ago, scottdog62 said:

Hey silola,

Just finished all your Tutorials for Xcam. Xcam is great, going to save me so much time on my project.

One thing I'm unsure of is, how to edit the objects that I'v previously placed in my terrain using terrain builder. The buildings show up in X cam but I can't move them, I know how to export objects from Xcam to terrain builder, but don't know how to do the other way.
Is there a way to export from TB to Xcam?

Once the objects are imported, you can't change anything with X-Cam.

Either you change the objects directly within TerrainBuilder, or you have to delete the imported layer again,

create a new version/pbo and load up your X-Cam project again in order to change what u want to change.

Then re-import your X-Cam project again.

Silola

@silola

he is asking how to import the objects into X-Cam

one can export from TB/pew/wrp via mikero tools in various formats

the format the data is stored by X-Cam seems to be exactly the same as the default format from DePew -O

so in short how can he import this data - create a new layer in X-Cam, save it, manually copy paste the data into the file and reload the layer? (sorry if my wording is not fully correct)

4 hours ago, .kju said:

@silola

he is asking how to import the objects into X-Cam

one can export from TB/pew/wrp via mikero tools in various formats

the format the data is stored by X-Cam seems to be exactly the same as the default format from DePew -O

so in short how can he import this data - create a new layer in X-Cam, save it, manually copy paste the data into the file and reload the layer? (sorry if my wording is not fully correct)

The current version can't import any exported file from TB or any other App.

May be the format looks the same, but there is currently no function available within X-Cam in order to process such a file :(

The file must be a inidbi compatible file structure.

That's why I tell him these steps.

Silola

are there any further plans to update Xcam silola? 

• Like 3

I haven't wached all the tutorials on xcam yet, but is there a way to create a custom library. For example, a list of all the houses you want to use in a particular area for adding quickly as you go down the list. 

1 hour ago, spookygnu said:

I haven't wached all the tutorials on xcam yet, but is there a way to create a custom library. For example, a list of all the houses you want to use in a particular area for adding quickly as you go down the list. 

You can create favourite lists: http://arma-sim.de/xcam/contents/pages/part.html#Part13

• Like 2

hi,

i installed x-cam and viewed the tutorials so far. but the tutorials looks different.

i got the xcam 1.21 and in the editor i placed a man and double klickt on it. the

tutorial says i must now choose x-cam in the insert unit but i dont find this option.

in the "play scenario" (is this the called preview ?)  i dont have a mouse-menu for x-cam.

here is a pic of my vision of the editor. can someone help me ? greetings

here is a pic of my expansions with xcam and inidbi

Edited by KeyKey

On 23.2.2017 at 10:24 PM, KeyKey said:

hi,

i installed x-cam and viewed the tutorials so far. but the tutorials looks different.

i got the xcam 1.21 and in the editor i placed a man and double klickt on it. the

tutorial says i must now choose x-cam in the insert unit but i dont find this option.

in the "play scenario" (is this the called preview ?)  i dont have a mouse-menu for x-cam.

here is a pic of my vision of the editor. can someone help me ? greetings

here is a pic of my expansions with xcam and inidbi

you need to place the game logic too buddy ;-) look under the modules section and i think the left icon. it´s called xcam gamelogic

Regards

Chaser

Hey guys,

I'm using xcam and when i export to TB using Absolute values, then pack my map using pboProject in game the slope function doesn't work and comes out like this.

http://imgur.com/a/iujdq

and the train tracks come out like this.

Is there a reason why the function isn't working for me?
And is there a way around this?

21 hours ago, scottdog62 said:

Hey guys,

I'm using xcam and when i export to TB using Absolute values, then pack my map using pboProject in game the slope function doesn't work and comes out like this.

http://imgur.com/a/iujdq

and the train tracks come out like this.

Is there a reason why the function isn't working for me?
And is there a way around this?

Hey there @scottdog62

you´ve stumbled about an issue that I used to do as well once I´ve started to work with ArmA Objects. At first you need to know that everythings is ok with the Objects and with the slope function

You just misstake the useage of the slopefunction. The slopefunction does NOT mean, that Objects will magically be imported just the way you placed them. Once ArmA Objects become a mapobject, after binarizing (packing), they apply to there individual propertie which are  surface adapted Objects or non surface adapted Objects. In the case of the Train tracks it means that the tracks are non surface adapted Objects as they do not adapt to the shape of the surface, they simply are set flat plain on the surface which will result as seen on the screenshot. Guess why the Train tracks on Chernaurus are placed on a flat plain surface ;).

What you need to do is to learn the individual behaviour of each single object and once you know that particular behaviour you can successfully make use of the slopefunction. If you dont know the difference between surface adapted and non surface adapted Objects you´ll always end up like seen in the screenshot if you grap the wrong Objects. Believe me when I say that I´ve learned that lesson while working on Taunus and it was a tough lesson.

What does the slopefunction actually do?

Well it simply helps you to place Objects in the way you want them to have as long as the behaviour fits the surface they are placed on.

How do I know which object is adapted or non adapted?

simply place objects on the map and pack the map to see the results ingame. Then note the behaviour and make a list of it or simply learn it. Thats all you can do.

• Like 2

thats a great tip thanks dude, btw any tips about which objects follow the slope? ive tried some crash barriers and some A2 fences

1 hour ago, Auss said:

thats a great tip thanks dude, btw any tips about which objects follow the slope? ive tried some crash barriers and some A2 fences

Thats difficult. I´d suggest to use the x-cam on Taunus and actively search for objects that obviously follow the terrain slope and for those that does not. Once you found one so tip on the sys Entry on the upper menu bar to make the System Data window appear. Then doubleclick on the previously found object so that you made a copy of it and then hit the D Key on the System Data Window. That´ll give you detailed Object information about that Object. But it is important that you´ve actively selected the Object in the first place (blue bounding box) in order to make this function work. 

This should then look like this

Thus you can create a sort of library of Objects where you can see which ones will follow the slope and which does not.

4 hours ago, .kju said:

Isnt this defined by the named property? 

https://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/Models#Placement

If so, this can be read and written by DeP3d from mikero.

that might be, I dont know. But mapmakers who are working with X-cam should nonetheless know which object underlies which certain behaviour just by selecting them from a list in x-cam or are you referring top somethings else?

Hey guys, great job with Xcam, the best editor i just ever used but with the last arma 3 att they stop communicate with inidbi, you think you can solve this for us? and thanks again for the awesome mod.
error menssagens:

Most likely inidb needs 64b dll. For now run A3 in the 32b mode to use X-Cam.