silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

A keyboard short cut pdf is already part of the installation pack.

Silola

Is there any quick guide for X-cam. seeing all the videos for learning or remembering a little thing is not comfortable. Have anyone some kind of Quick guide in pdf with all the keys and actions available in X-cam?

Is there a way to raise object only from one end? I'm having a trouble placing power lines to my map, because slope behaviour seems to be the only way to get object to pitch.

Edited by Tonto-

@Silola,

I'm installing your tool in our clan repo, so we can start using your objects (xcam_metal, woodwork, etc) in some of our compositions in our missions.

Seems those files are not signed with the xcam key, but with the xcam prototype map key. Maybe it would be good to include it into the package too?

Thanks!

Hi Silola,

The X-CAM program really Looks great, but on Startup, I do not get the menu which lets me activate the object classes as shown in your Video. The X-Cam just loads up and Shows the Player charater, but all of the object menus are empty. When I try to go to the Rebuild Object Library Menu, I can select an object class to rebuild, but when I do so, there is still nothing listed under the OBJ tab. Furthermore, when I try to Rebuild the Vehicle Library, I get an error message that the required script is not found. I checked my install against your Video instructions, but there are still no objects listed under the OBJ tab.

I wonder if anyone else has seen similar behavior?

Anyway, the Editor Looks great, I hope I can get it to work...

Thanks for the help!!

Im Having the same trouble, my X-cam version was dowloaded from Armaholic (last version) i have installed like the videos says, was placed the X-Cam Logic, but wen I startUp the X-Cam, No Loading addons Windows appears, and the utility dont Work

Runing Windows7 64bits, installed and reinstalled several times the X-Cam :( Some Help?

PS: The Tool looks awesome!

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Here two Msg error when execute x-cam

Q2AytMW.jpg

@RASimth1030, @Logan83, check that you extract _everything_ into @inidbi\db\xcam -folders. I had same kind of problems and found out some folders were missing .ini -files.

Hi,

guys...please check your @inidbi folder !!

The content of this folder should look like this:

rdzN0NJ.jpg

The "inidbi.pbo" is located within the addons folder, of course.

... and within the @inidbi\db\xcam folder the content should look like this:

qLdzd6P.jpg

Silola

Wtf? no DB folder :butbut: and cant extract from the rar... downloading again...

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Oks all correct now Db Folder full and working like a charm!!! Powerfull Tool!! +10

Hi I need help, i have already added objects on my x-cam project. suddenly today when i boot up arma 3 and tried loading it, my project file is gone, as well as the prefab and faves.

Does anyone have any idea or know how to fix this? thanks!

Hi I need help, i have already added objects on my x-cam project. suddenly today when i boot up arma 3 and tried loading it, my project file is gone, as well as the prefab and faves.

Does anyone have any idea or know how to fix this? thanks!

Please disregard, found the solution. I had 2 @x-cam folders, one in arma and one in my custom mod folder. Maybe i accidentally enabled the wrong x-cam mod.

Hey Silola,

It seems that although I am able to load up the 'Weapons (Secondary)' and 'Weapon Accessories' categories, both 'Weapons (Primary)' and 'Weapons (Launchers)' are missing - like it's invisible to XCAM.

Is this intended? I did have a look through the thread but couldn't find anything. The two available categories work fine and allow interaction when imported to a mission, but i'm currently replacing pistols with rifles when i get it in the mission editor.

Thanks

Hi,

never tried these kind of objects and basicly these objects are not supported by X-Cam (maybe later with an update).

So please use these object types at your own risk.

Silola

Hey Silola,

It seems that although I am able to load up the 'Weapons (Secondary)' and 'Weapon Accessories' categories, both 'Weapons (Primary)' and 'Weapons (Launchers)' are missing - like it's invisible to XCAM.

Is this intended? I did have a look through the thread but couldn't find anything. The two available categories work fine and allow interaction when imported to a mission, but i'm currently replacing pistols with rifles when i get it in the mission editor.

Thanks

Hi,

never tried these kind of objects and basicly these objects are not supported by X-Cam (maybe later with an update).

So please use these object types at your own risk.

Silola

Thanks for the quick response.

The object switching method is a fair compromise especially as none of the weapons are supported. good to note though that the placing of weapons that are available works perfectly and allows for some really precise placement.

I look forward to that possible update though!

Please help, I have exported a terrain builder definition file from x-cam but Terrain Builder says its on a wrong format. i also updated x-cam to 1.05 still got the same output.

"Dialog - TxTImport - Wrong file format or source template not found. Operation will now quit."

Edited by jayretiro
added info -- error message

Hi,

it makes no sense to export a terrain builder file if u have no experience with terrain builder.

The error message means, that at least one object type is missing within the terrain builder template library.

So, first you have to learn the workflow and all the important steps within terrain builder to create your own terrain,

and one step is, to create the template library. Otherwise you can't import any object.

Silola

Please help, I have exported a terrain builder definition file from x-cam but Terrain Builder says its on a wrong format. i also updated x-cam to 1.05 still got the same output.

"Dialog - TxTImport - Wrong file format or source template not found. Operation will now quit."

theres an object in your script that's not in your TB library OR on some objects Xcam doesnt format the script properly so you'll get that error also

Hi Silola, Aus,

Thanks for replying.

I already have my own terrain and have been able to use it in arma 3. As i have observed last night, the error appear but was able to import the walls only. I did not load the X-Cam library into TB and i think that's my issue.

I will try it later when i get back home. Thanks guys.

Hi,

it makes no sense to export a terrain builder file if u have no experience with terrain builder.

The error message means, that at least one object type is missing within the terrain builder template library.

So, first you have to learn the workflow and all the important steps within terrain builder to create your own terrain,

and one step is, to create the template library. Otherwise you can't import any object.

Silola

Hello again,

After importing the x-cam template i still get the same error message.

However i think i found the issue. when i check out the txt file generated by x-cam, i found this entry.

"mil_wallbig_4m_f";245531.546875;65689.03125;180.088;0;0;1;-4.76837e-007

I deleted the line and imported the file into TB and walla, the error message did not appear.

Hi Silola, Aus,

Thanks for replying.

I already have my own terrain and have been able to use it in arma 3. As i have observed last night, the error appear but was able to import the walls only. I did not load the X-Cam library into TB and i think that's my issue.

I will try it later when i get back home. Thanks guys.

silola I'm also seeing some weird issues, placing reeds in Xcam then importing them gives me a piece of Arma2 road, Ive checked the paths in TB and their correct. Anything else I check?

Hi,

I think there are some errors within the xcam_EU.pbo, some wrong saved paths.

So, I need the correct path and the respective object class within the xcam object library to fix it.

If someone else have the same probs with other objects, please tell it to me, so I can fix all the wrong saved paths. THX

Silola

silola I'm also seeing some weird issues, placing reeds in Xcam then importing them gives me a piece of Arma2 road, Ive checked the paths in TB and their correct. Anything else I check?

Im Having the same trouble, my X-cam version was dowloaded from Armaholic (last version) i have installed like the videos says, was placed the X-Cam Logic, but wen I startUp the X-Cam, No Loading addons Windows appears, and the utility dont Work

Runing Windows7 64bits, installed and reinstalled several times the X-Cam :( Some Help?

PS: The Tool looks awesome!

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Here two Msg error when execute x-cam

http://i.imgur.com/Q2AytMW.jpg

Same trouble.

1bea428bdeff.jpg

3992f4ee8d7e.jpg

0063cd11b6f0.jpg

fd24e65a643a.jpg

Edited by Kill MiG

Hi,

there is something wrong with inidbi I think.

1. So, make sure the "inidbi.pbo" is available in @inidbi\addons

2. "inidbi.dll" is needed in @inidbi

3. @inidbi is activated/loaded

4. no other idea

Silola

hi, im laying some rail lines but the ground is uneven. can I rotate [tilt] on the Z axis?

It's basicly better to place these object types on flat ground.

The pitch&bank function is planned for the next update.

Silola

hi, im laying some rail lines but the ground is uneven. can I rotate [tilt] on the Z axis?

Pitch&Bank would be a great addition :) Looking forward to that.

So far, X-Cam is a superb tool for building all kinds of stuff (from a missionmaker POV: Bases, Compounds, etc.)