silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Yes it is, but you can not edit objects placed by your friends. And don't forget to "collect" your friends Projects/Export files afterwards (the Database stays local to each player).

Yes it is, but you can not edit objects placed by your friends. And don't forget to "collect" your friends Projects/Export files afterwards (the Database stays local to each player).

I suppose that also means that you can't see what the others is placing?

Would it be difficult to move the db to the server?

The guy who runs our server have tried but not succeeded.

Though they did another tool a few months ago to use Zeus to place structures with friends but that has not near all the features that you tool has.

a) I suppose that also means that you can't see what the others is placing?

b) Would it be difficult to move the db to the server?

Though they did another tool a few months ago to use Zeus to place structures with friends but that has not near all the features that you tool has.

a) you can see everything that all the others are placing, just maybe with a bit of delay because of how fast arma can syncs those objects

b) very very difficult if not impossible and very very ... very stupid, because then every bit of update to the databse would be synched over the network -> desync and goodbye

I suppose that also means that you can't see what the others is placing?

Would it be difficult to move the db to the server?

Hi,

the server needs only all pbo's but not the db, because all the objects are saved localy on each client.

And yes, you can see what all the other clients are placing, but u can only edit your own objects.

Silola

Hi,

there is a small problem if you use a exported script or mission file for a mp session, because the "enableSimulation" works only local.

So, you have to search for "enableSimulation" and replace it by "enableSimulationGlobal" within the script or mission file. Then it should work.

Sorry. I will fix this prob within the next update.

Silola

That sounds wrong to me, object INITs are run for every player locally when the object is created on his PC (aka when he loads in all INIT scripts for everything on the map is ran), so using enableSimulation only (without any isServer checks) does it. If you are using enableSimulationGlobal without isServer checks then it will be disabled once you load in AS WELL as broadcast the change over the network, increasing network usage for no reason.

I've tested this on dedicated server and it was like that. I'd like to hear if anyone else did the same though and what the results were. Additionally, some commands like all clearXCargo non-global do not work on dedicated at all, there you have to use global variant inside isServer check, again to get rid of unnecessary bandwidth.

Is anyone else having issues with the secondary movement mode, moving multiple objects at the same time, and rotating an object around a user-defined axis? For all 3 of these functions, I have issues where the object will move far away. If I try to move multiple objects, they scatter about a 1km away and spread out from each other in random directions.

EDIT - seems to be an issue with certain objects that breaks the functions for all objects.

Edited by Waffle_SS

Hi,

two other users had similar problems. After they created a new Arma 3 profile, the problems were solved.

Do you have this problem with all the three different rotate- functions? (Shift + LMB, Shift + MouseWheel, PgUp key)

Silola

Is anyone else having issues with the secondary movement mode, moving multiple objects at the same time, and rotating an object around a user-defined axis? For all 3 of these functions, I have issues where the object will move far away. If I try to move multiple objects, they scatter about a 1km away and spread out from each other in random directions.

EDIT - seems to be an issue with certain objects that breaks the functions for all objects.

I was just wondering what kind of skills we would need if we planned on making a good quality map? I don't want to jump into something I am not capable of.

Secondly if a map or mission was created with the wood and metal extras you have in the mod would the people wanting to play the map require these also.

Cheers

Wilks

I was just wondering what kind of skills we would need if we planned on making a good quality map?

Skills you pick up as you go, it's time, patience and an imagination what's really needed :)

Hi,

there is a small problem if you use a exported script or mission file for a mp session, because the "enableSimulation" works only local.

So, you have to search for "enableSimulation" and replace it by "enableSimulationGlobal" within the script or mission file. Then it should work.

Sorry. I will fix this prob within the next update.

Silola

enablesimulationglobal should be run server only. i actually run all the exported object commands server only, none of them need to be run on clients

Correct, also reference my post above.

Silola, i found (finally) the time to learn and use all about Xcam and its exact the amazing, ass-kicking placement tool what i did expect!

I´m feeling like the old days in the past working with AutoCAD 2008 - easy and fast.

Right now i ended a working session because of the feeling of time "it could be late, you should go to bed" :rolleyes:

Looking on the Clock, its 3:50 a.m. ;)

6 Hours of work and i´m not feeling exhausted! The workflow is beautiful!

Maybe i found a bug with the libs, but i sleeping first and try to reproduce before saying any more :P

Having problems with the prefab function.

I did in VR a Base with around 800 Objects and now i wanted to import it to an other map using prefab.

All selected, open prefab window, create new prefab on selected objects -> Base01

In the same Mission i can use the prefab but if i close the Mission, open rashmaan and trying to use the prefab -> Nothing happens. I can see the prefabs ( even the default ones ) but i cant use/load/place them.

And i´m thinking its a little overkill that you export the objects in a format that makes me impossible to move around the objects a bit without deleting the Object Init Field for every object.

I did in VR a Base with around 800 Objects and now i wanted to import it to an other map using prefab.

All selected, open prefab window, create new prefab on selected objects -> Base01

In the same Mission i can use the prefab but if i close the Mission, open rashmaan and trying to use the prefab -> Nothing happens. I can see the prefabs ( even the default ones ) but i cant use/load/place them.

And i´m thinking its a little overkill that you export the objects in a format that makes me impossible to move around the objects a bit without deleting the Object Init Field for every object.

Can you load (your) prefabs on Altis/Stratis?

Don't know if its overkill but I guess it maybe has the additional positioning in the Init fields so you get the objects exactly there where you placed them with the x-cam.

Hi Astrell,

never had this problem with the prefabs. Before You can insert a prefab, You must load a project, or create a new project, otherwise nothing happens.

And what exactly do you mean with "export the objects in a format that makes me impossible to move around the objects a bit" ???

As t-800a already said, the init data is needed in order to set the objects at the exact position. Sorry.

Silola

Yeah ... it was late ... sorry. Don´t bother with the prefabs ... Own stupidity. :)

If ya say the init data is necessary then ... ok. And: Damn you bohemia that your own system not working properly!

But now that the prefabs working this isn´t a big problem.

Edited by Astrell

Hi,

I've found some pictures from different temporary X-Cam scences. Maybe it gives you a bit inspiration ...

GVUyOso.jpg[/img]

0oNxcHS.jpg[/img]

RUZHKEF.jpg[/img]

i7hiFmV.jpg[/img]

OaTJVjJ.jpg[/img]

fsw4Opk.jpg[/img]

dt2mzSG.jpg[/img]

Silola

they look wonderful i like the rock formations i might try to replicate that on my map

Hi Silola,

The X-CAM program really Looks great, but on Startup, I do not get the menu which lets me activate the object classes as shown in your Video. The X-Cam just loads up and Shows the Player charater, but all of the object menus are empty. When I try to go to the Rebuild Object Library Menu, I can select an object class to rebuild, but when I do so, there is still nothing listed under the OBJ tab. Furthermore, when I try to Rebuild the Vehicle Library, I get an error message that the required script is not found. I checked my install against your Video instructions, but there are still no objects listed under the OBJ tab.

I wonder if anyone else has seen similar behavior?

Anyway, the Editor Looks great, I hope I can get it to work...

Thanks for the help!!

Hi RASmith,

please tell me where Your "@inidbi" folder is installed?

All the xcam files and folders available within "@inidbi\db\xcam"?

Where you have downloaded the XCam files?

Silola

Hi Silola,

The X-CAM program really Looks great, but on Startup, I do not get the menu which lets me activate the object classes as shown in your Video. The X-Cam just loads up and Shows the Player charater, but all of the object menus are empty. When I try to go to the Rebuild Object Library Menu, I can select an object class to rebuild, but when I do so, there is still nothing listed under the OBJ tab. Furthermore, when I try to Rebuild the Vehicle Library, I get an error message that the required script is not found. I checked my install against your Video instructions, but there are still no objects listed under the OBJ tab.

I wonder if anyone else has seen similar behavior?

Anyway, the Editor Looks great, I hope I can get it to work...

Thanks for the help!!

I originally installed X-CAM using Play-With-Six, but it did not work, it had the behavior described in my last post. When I looked at my Arma3 Installation Directory, @inidbi and @xcam were not there, so I downloaded the files from the link at http://www.x-cam-editor.de/home/x-cam-addon/. Then I copied @inidbi and @xcam, along with the make_file.dll to my Arm3 install Directory, as described in your Video. Again, there was no Change in X_CAM behavior when I tried to run it. No objects under the OBJ tab as described before.

Hi,

with the Play-with-six download/installation is something wrong.

Please have a closer look where Play-with-six have installed the @inidbi and @xcam folders and delete these folders first.

So, de-install all the X-Cam data, incl. the data installed by Play-with-six and re-install X-Cam again.

Silola

I originally installed X-CAM using Play-With-Six, but it did not work, it had the behavior described in my last post. When I looked at my Arma3 Installation Directory, @inidbi and @xcam were not there, so I downloaded the files from the link at http://www.x-cam-editor.de/home/x-cam-addon/. Then I copied @inidbi and @xcam, along with the make_file.dll to my Arm3 install Directory, as described in your Video. Again, there was no Change in X_CAM behavior when I tried to run it. No objects under the OBJ tab as described before.

Ok, I will try that.

Vielen Dank!!

Ok, well, I tried to re-install X-Cam and run it again using PWS. This time, I just added the two Folders @inidb and @xcam locally in PWS. Still no good, no objects are visible. I guess X-Cam is not compatible with PWS.

Vielen Dank noch einmal für die Hilfe!

Edited by RASmith1030

Is there any quick guide for X-cam. seeing all the videos for learning or remembering a little thing is not comfortable. Have anyone some kind of Quick guide in pdf with all the keys and actions available in X-cam?