silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Ok, will try to reproduce. Thanks for reporting incl. pictures.

Silola

I can confirm this issue, I have already been pretty disappointed, after 3 hours of building, an then all the small items were placed incorrectly =(

Hi Dorak,

Hi Igirisujin,

I had the same problem, but only for one time, and atm I have no idea what the reason is.

So some questions:

where you have downloaded the X-Cam installation pack?

do u have the marker name "No vehicle..." also if you start a single player X-Cam session?

is your server a dedicated server?

do you have any things defined within the "description.ext" file? if not please try it:

Silola

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Alright, joining a singleplayer editor session seems to have fixed it for now. I also restarted the server before joining as we had some ghost objects on the map.

I'll be sure to post if the issue occurs again.

X-cam was downloaded from your official links on your website.

If the bug does occur in singleplayer (it has once or twice) then it does still do the "no vehicle" on the map.

The server is dedicated and has currently two users (including myself) that use X-Cam daily.

My Description.ext is a copypaste from some other server I have and is as follows:

author = "DayZRP.com";

onLoadName = "xcamMapDev";

onLoadMission = "X-Cam test server developed by DayZRP.com";

joinUnassigned = 1;

respawn = "INSTANT";

respawndelay = 5;

disabledAI = 1;

disableChannels[]={0,1,2};

enableDebugConsole = 1;

respawnDialog = 0;

wreckLimit = 10;

wreckRemovalMinTime = 60;

wreckRemovalMaxTime = 480;

corpseLimit = 100;

corpseRemovalMinTime = 1000;

corpseRemovalMaxTime = 10000;

enableItemsDropping = 0;

I can confirm this issue, I have already been pretty disappointed, after 3 hours of building, an then all the small items were placed incorrectly =(

Ok, found that bug. Sorry.

So, until the update is released, there are two solutions available:

1. edit the exported file (sqm or sqf)

search for this enableSimulation true; and replace with this enableSimulation false;

2. Select all objects for which you want to disable the simulation (within the X-Cam).

open the object info page and press the button to unlock the object data.

BZwqII8.jpg?1

double-left-click the list entry "SI: 1" (simulation is on)

XX08w0r.jpg?1

Change the value from 1 to 0 and press [Ok]

vvuhV7X.jpg?1

export your project with the option "enablesimulation 'true' for each object"

NsQy8fS.jpg?1

Then it works correctly :)

Silola

Some pics from my wip mission:

Thank you Silola! :D

Wow, amazing. Those are full of atmosphere and would be great for CQB scenarios. What map did you use for the second image, if it isn't completely custom?

Wow, amazing. Those are full of atmosphere and would be great for CQB scenarios. What map did you use for the second image, if it isn't completely custom?

My fantasy inspired with metro 2033 on virtual reality map with great fps. :)

Edited by rafal007111

My fantasy inspired with metro 2033 on virtual reality map with great fps. :)

Have you already spotted some dark ones? :D

X-Cam is incredible !! Awesome work guys! Thx for this...

heya, I'm having trouble exporting my xcam project. when exporting as a mission.sqm file it gives me the option to disable simulation, but once I open the mission, simulation is still enabled (stays "true" even if I specified it should be "false" at exporting). no big deal, since I can simply replace all true with false, but still... wondering, if it's something I did or a bug

one other thing: I can't open doors on objects I place in xcam. again, is it me or is that how it works? even after exporting and enabling simulation I still can't interact with doors

heya, I'm having trouble exporting my xcam project. when exporting as a mission.sqm file it gives me the option to disable simulation, but once I open the mission, simulation is still enabled (stays "true" even if I specified it should be "false" at exporting). no big deal, since I can simply replace all true with false, but still... wondering, if it's something I did or a bug

one other thing: I can't open doors on objects I place in xcam. again, is it me or is that how it works? even after exporting and enabling simulation I still can't interact with doors

Hi,

about the "simulation" ... go one page back and have a look at my post (Apr 7 2015, 23:16)

about the "doors":

Guys ... as t-800a said before ... all the xCam_* objects are designed for terrain builder import and all these objects have only a simple config.

That means ... if u want to place houses, containers, whatever, and u want to export a mission or script file from your project,

then please use the original A3 objects.

To activate the respective object classes, please watch this part of the "installation'" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...CQxwqKwE#t=303

For example, if u want to use the original A3 houses, then activate these object classes:

Structures (Village)

Structures (Town)

Structures (Commercial)

Thanks

Silola

I think this should help :)

Silola

Greetings!

First off i would like to tip my hat to you, as xcam has saved my life and is an absolute beast.

With that said i have encountered a problem with my library. Yesterday i accidentally laucnhed the addon without AiA TP enabled (when i originally created my library, it was enable and therefore the AiA pbo you attatched was added into the folder) and now my library is perpetually messed up. I tried rebuilding and it wouldnt execute the rebuild. I even went through and unloaded every section and then rebuilt the library one by one and it worked for the current session(this took like 25+ minutes XD). But then when i loaded up the game to continue working on a project, the library was only showing four selections like it had when the library got screwed. Ive looked through your videos and forgive me if i have missed it, but i desperately need to rebuild the library from scratch so this stops happening!

I simply cannot rebuild the library one by one every time i need to restart the game or come back to a project. Again i apologize if i missed where it was explained on how to do this but im desperate to fix! I love your mod and i hope that you can help me!

Edit: Disregard this, I made it past stupidity and deleted the library files which fixed my files. Sorry about that.

Edited by Cerarco

Hi,

if you want to build up the whole X-Cam library from the scratch, then simply delete "all files" within this folder:

@inidbi\db\xCam\Library_Obj (but don't delete the folder)

then you will see the very first dialoge again (after u restart the X-Cam) to select all the object classes you want to use with the X-Cam

and then to re-build the whole X-Cam library.

PS: First X-Cam update is araound the corner.

Silola

if you want to build up the whole X-Cam library from the scratch, then simply delete "all files" within this folder:

@inidbi\db\xCam\Library_Obj

Yes thank you, i found this folder after making the post and it fixed my issue. Was quite an interesting one. While im here, and since i havnt had the time to watch all the video tutorials, is there a way to manipulate an Objects orientation on the "x" and "y" axis? I havnt been able to tilt any of the objects, and there isnt anything in the keyboard shortcuts that mentions this. But again i havnt watched all the video tutorials first.

is there a way to manipulate an Objects orientation on the "x" and "y" axis? I havnt been able to tilt any of the objects

Not currently

Than you so much for this awesome release! Keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks for the awesome tool. I'm having a lot of fun making stuff with it.