silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Hi, first of all, many thanks for usefull tool.

First time i try to save, i have a spam windows error message who said i havent file msvcr120.dll, i only have msvcr100.dll. I downloaded file from internet and paste it on arma 3 main folder. This problem solved but.

I continue having some problems to export to script, mission ... when i save to mission or other option, saving fail "output error".

Im running windows 8.1 64.

Thanks!!!

You should not just drop missing .dlls in arma 3 folder. Undo what you did and install proper C++ VS redistributables. AFAIK they are now a part of Arma 3 distribution if you accepted the installation. Otherwise you can find redistributables package at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33crdxmo4ouxn2d/2015-04-06_00003.jpg?dl=0

I'm currently having a problem that my PrefFab GUI is cut off at the top of the screen, I'm unable to create new FabLab. Any solution for this?

You have changed your "Interface size" within the Arma video options, then this happens.

Change this setting back to a smaller size.

An other solution is to delete this file: @inidbi\db\xCam\xCamWindows.ini

Silola

Hey there! Quick question I've got about a problem I've been having. After exporting my project in X-Cam with the Terrain Builder setting, I've been getting this error whenever I try to import it.

Error: Dialog - TxTImport - Wrong file format or source template not found. Operation will now quit.

I've imported all of the templatelibs provided with X-Cam, so I'm not sure where it's going wrong. Any ideas?

Hey there! Quick question I've got about a problem I've been having. After exporting my project in X-Cam with the Terrain Builder setting, I've been getting this error whenever I try to import it.

I've imported all of the templatelibs provided with X-Cam, so I'm not sure where it's going wrong. Any ideas?

It's simply a missing object on drive p. So I think you have not un-packed all pbo's u need on drive p.

The TemplateLib within the zip file was only an example if you use the AIA TP objects, but not to use it.

If you open your project file within @inidbi\db\xCam\Library_Pro\NameOfYourProject.ini, then u will find at the end of the file

all the different object types u have used within your project and it looks like this:

dat_0="["Untrtd_Board_2m","\A3\ui_f\data\map\vehicleicons\iconObject_circle_ca.paa","xCam_Woodworks\Untreated\Untrtd_Board_2m.p3d"]"

dat_1="["xcam_c_BranchBig","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\PG.paa","\a3\plants_f\Clutter\c_BranchBig.p3d"]"

dat_2="["xcam_c_StrPlantGreenShrub","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\PG.paa","\a3\plants_f\Clutter\c_StrPlantGreenShrub.p3d"]"

dat_3="["Untrtd_Board_2m_90","\A3\ui_f\data\map\vehicleicons\iconObject_circle_ca.paa","xCam_Woodworks\Untreated\Untrtd_Board_2m_90.p3d"]"

dat_4="["xcam_c_bigFallenBranches_pine","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\PG.paa","\a3\plants_f\Clutter\c_bigFallenBranches_pine.p3d"]"

dat_5="["xcam_c_Grass_Bunch_Small","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\PG.paa","\a3\plants_f\Clutter\c_Grass_Bunch_Small.p3d"]"

dat_6="["xcam_c_bigFallenBranches_pine03","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\PG.paa","\a3\plants_f\Clutter\c_bigFallenBranches_pine03.p3d"]"

dat_7="["xcam_c_bigFallenBranches_pine02","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\PG.paa","\a3\plants_f\Clutter\c_bigFallenBranches_pine02.p3d"]"

dat_8="["Untrtd_Beam_Med_5m","\A3\ui_f\data\map\vehicleicons\iconObject_circle_ca.paa","xCam_Woodworks\Untreated\Untrtd_Beam_Med_5m.p3d"]"

dat_9="["xcam_podesta_5","\xCAM\xCAM_EU\icon\RBC.paa","\ca\buildings\podesta_5.p3d"]"

As u can see, there is the whole p3d path saved (the last string). Maybe this helps u to find the missing object/pbo's on drive p.

Silola

There is any way to merge two project before moving his to sqm/sqf or move objects from one project to second?

Thanks again and sorry for my english.

Thank you Silola for this awesome release! I definitely have been waiting for this. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the problem i am having regarding the object library. I started X-cam for the first time and did not get an option to build my library. when i click on the obj layer it is completely blank. I followed the instructions on the first video tutorial for setup and installation, but still seem to have a blank object layer. my only suspicion for what could be causing it is Playwithsix or steammover as i have moved my arma 3 install to an ssd along with the playwithsix mod folder. any help on this would be appreciated. i am excited about this mod and just want to get it to work.

Thank you Silola for this awesome release! I definitely have been waiting for this. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the problem i am having regarding the object library. I started X-cam for the first time and did not get an option to build my library. when i click on the obj layer it is completely blank. I followed the instructions on the first video tutorial for setup and installation, but still seem to have a blank object layer. my only suspicion for what could be causing it is Playwithsix or steammover as i have moved my arma 3 install to an ssd along with the playwithsix mod folder. any help on this would be appreciated. i am excited about this mod and just want to get it to work.

Maybe the Playwithsix is causing problems, but I don't know.

It's impotant to have the @inidbi folder installed within the Arma 3 root folder, otherwise it's not working.

Silola

You have changed your "Interface size" within the Arma video options, then this happens.

Change this setting back to a smaller size.

An other solution is to delete this file: @inidbi\db\xCam\xCamWindows.ini

Silola

Deleting the xCamWindows.ini did the trick.

Thank you

There is any way to merge two project before moving his to sqm/sqf or move objects from one project to second?

Thanks again and sorry for my english.

That's possible with the upcoming update.

Silola

how to work the ponds? is a normal wather shader on the rettangle?

I guess he is talking about the "ponds" that were placed on the x-cam proto map (and which are included in one of the x-cam object pbos)

But they are not propperly working ponds, because arma. And on the proto map they are just for the looks, obviously. (and mostly only used as "puddles" so you can walk normally in them.)

But how "Atsche" made those ponds is beyond my knowledge!

Maybe the Playwithsix is causing problems, but I don't know.

It's impotant to have the @inidbi folder installed within the Arma 3 root folder, otherwise it's not working.

Silola

PWS version is indeed causing issues.. tried installing via PWS and I was missing a bunch of folders in inidb (someone else posted a few pages back about this). Without these folders/files XCam will not generate an object library (ie you don't get the option on first launch to select object libraries). Manual download and install from Armaholic works fine.

I guess he is talking about the "ponds" that were placed on the x-cam proto map (and which are included in one of the x-cam object pbos)

But they are not propperly working ponds, because arma. And on the proto map they are just for the looks, obviously. (and mostly only used as "puddles" so you can walk normally in them.)

But how "Atsche" made those ponds is beyond my knowledge!

in that case if you change the color by RVMAT are useful for create a puddy/ rice fields......

PWS version is indeed causing issues.. tried installing via PWS and I was missing a bunch of folders in inidb (someone else posted a few pages back about this). Without these folders/files XCam will not generate an object library (ie you don't get the option on first launch to select object libraries). Manual download and install from Armaholic works fine.

Thanks for reporting and the clarification, Savage.

So I will write a PM to kecharles28 to delete the "inidbi" download.

Silola

^ actually PWS installs inidb but an 'xcam' version of it. My mod folder says @inidb_xcam or something similar (instead of just @inidb)

Maybe you have to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, but I don't know :(

http://getintopc.com/softwares/utilities/visual-c-plus-plus-2013-redistributable-package-free-download/

Silola

worked!! thanks!

Other question.

When i save as script, and i exec script in my mission saving with "enableSimulation false". When i execute script on mission, objects go down on floor. There is a specific way to run script to place objects in correct placement?

Thanks!

Really loving the tool so far!

http://i.imgur.com/srJzGPm.jpg (537 kB)

Having lots of fun developing the map thanks to the ridiculous amount of features.

Encountered a couple isolated bugs (pretty much all of which I've managed to solve or find workarounds for) but there's one bug that seems persistent no matter what I do.

http://i.imgur.com/sbJhvJL.jpg (607 kB)

(This happens as soon as I load X-cam, before even pressing a single button. Note the interface on the left as well as the "Error: No vehicle" on the map. I also can't use the "insert" key to place my player anymore so I presume it's having trouble hooking to my client properly).

I've attempted reloading my game (use to fix but won't any more for some reason), removing all the inidbi config files and replacing them with the originals (fixed it once, hasn't fixed it since).

One thing to note is that I'm working on a server and believe it may be related. I don't have the issue as much when in the singleplayer editor.

That's the only bug that's really causing any issues... the others are just minor things such as attempting to use smooth-movement (alt) when in the secondary selection mode (the one where the camera isn't centred on the object).

I'd also request the ability to modify the pitch/roll/yaw values on an object, if at all possible. The cliffs you see in the image above could be made a lot nicer and more varied if I could tilt some of the rocks on their side :)

All in all though, fantastic work Silola. I really appreciate everything you've done here and I applaud you greatly.

Pitch / roll / yaw would be really nice. I can understand your thinking because of the bugs with TerrainBuilder, but there is much more possibilitys as just that (wanna place a barrel laying on the side?) mission placement? ;-)

worked!! thanks!

Other question.

When i save as script, and i exec script in my mission saving with "enableSimulation false". When i execute script on mission, objects go down on floor. There is a specific way to run script to place objects in correct placement?

Thanks!

Possible to post a picture before export (X-Cam project) and a picture after export (script created) ?

Thanks.

Silola

Hey Silola,

I'm running in a small issue here, i placed a handgun on a table, but for some reason i can't interact with the handgun. I can't take it in my inventory nor equip it per say. Simulation on / off doesn't seem to do anything.

If you covered that in one of your video, my bad. I'm still at the part 13.

Hey Silola,

I'm running in a small issue here, i placed a handgun on a table, but for some reason i can't interact with the handgun. I can't take it in my inventory nor equip it per say. Simulation on / off doesn't seem to do anything.

If you covered that in one of your video, my bad. I'm still at the part 13.

Hi Dorak,

weapons, vehicles and units not supported atm, because it's not a mission editor ;)

Silola

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Really loving the tool so far!

http://i.imgur.com/srJzGPm.jpg (537 kB)

Having lots of fun developing the map thanks to the ridiculous amount of features.

Encountered a couple isolated bugs (pretty much all of which I've managed to solve or find workarounds for) but there's one bug that seems persistent no matter what I do.

http://i.imgur.com/sbJhvJL.jpg (607 kB)

(This happens as soon as I load X-cam, before even pressing a single button. Note the interface on the left as well as the "Error: No vehicle" on the map. I also can't use the "insert" key to place my player anymore so I presume it's having trouble hooking to my client properly).

I've attempted reloading my game (use to fix but won't any more for some reason), removing all the inidbi config files and replacing them with the originals (fixed it once, hasn't fixed it since).

One thing to note is that I'm working on a server and believe it may be related. I don't have the issue as much when in the singleplayer editor.

That's the only bug that's really causing any issues... the others are just minor things such as attempting to use smooth-movement (alt) when in the secondary selection mode (the one where the camera isn't centred on the object).

I'd also request the ability to modify the pitch/roll/yaw values on an object, if at all possible. The cliffs you see in the image above could be made a lot nicer and more varied if I could tilt some of the rocks on their side :)

All in all though, fantastic work Silola. I really appreciate everything you've done here and I applaud you greatly.

Hi Igirisujin,

I had the same problem, but only for one time, and atm I have no idea what the reason is.

So some questions:

where you have downloaded the X-Cam installation pack?

do u have the marker name "No vehicle..." also if you start a single player X-Cam session?

is your server a dedicated server?

do you have any things defined within the "description.ext" file? if not please try it:

onLoadIntroTime=false;

onLoadMissionTime=false;

disabledAI=1;

debriefing=1;

showGPS=1;

Respawn = 2;

RespawnDelay = 5;

RespawnDialog = 0;

enableDebugConsole = 2;

loadScreen = "";

author = Silola;

onLoadName = X-Cam session;

onLoadMission = "";

class Header

{

gameType = COOP;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 5;

};

The smooth-movement mode is not available if you use the secondary selection mode,

because the movement is then depending on mouse cursor positions.

Silola

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Pitch / roll / yaw would be really nice. I can understand your thinking because of the bugs with TerrainBuilder, but there is much more possibilitys as just that (wanna place a barrel laying on the side?) mission placement? ;-)

I want to add this functionality within a later update, but not within the next update, because it's a little bit work to interate it in a propper way.

Silola