silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Thanks for all the great work Silola.

Hej Silola,

Congratulations on release and thank you for the X-Cam, its amazing.

After having played around with it for about 3 hours i have found some bugs and thought i would throw them your way.

The xCam Metal [Rusty] - Rusty_Sheet_Corrg_1m_90 (all corrg sheet metals seem to have this problem) does not have collision for units (you can walk through them) but they do stop bullets. [http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44249078174113427/5334CFD84D2D8230309A703146AD894003EBF05D/]

They also become see through att longer distances (still stop bullets). [http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44249078174113765/3BAF1BF13BC6C6D74A355F4A780BA0E5AC72783E/]

All other sheet metals except sheet_corrg tested so far do not have this problem.

The xCam Metal [Rusty] sheet metals spawn half way through the ground, so do the sheet_corrg of the other xCam metals aswell.

When placing an object and it is temporary (not pressed insert yet) if you press escape the object will stay in the game and get a red outline when targeted with Xcam (same as objects already on terrain att start).

Thats all i have found so far. For future reference where do you want bug reports? in this thread or somewhere else?

Thank you so much for your awesome mod.

Best regards,

Swede

P.S :yay:

Hej Silola,

Congratulations on release and thank you for the X-Cam, its amazing.

After having played around with it for about 3 hours i have found some bugs and thought i would throw them your way.

The xCam Metal [Rusty] - Rusty_Sheet_Corrg_1m_90 (all corrg sheet metals seem to have this problem) does not have collision for units (you can walk through them) but they do stop bullets. [http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44249078174113427/5334CFD84D2D8230309A703146AD894003EBF05D/]

They also become see through att longer distances (still stop bullets). [http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44249078174113765/3BAF1BF13BC6C6D74A355F4A780BA0E5AC72783E/]

All other sheet metals except sheet_corrg tested so far do not have this problem.

The xCam Metal [Rusty] sheet metals spawn half way through the ground, so do the sheet_corrg of the other xCam metals aswell.

When placing an object and it is temporary (not pressed insert yet) if you press escape the object will stay in the game and get a red outline when targeted with Xcam (same as objects already on terrain att start).

Thats all i have found so far. For future reference where do you want bug reports? in this thread or somewhere else?

Thank you so much for your awesome mod.

Best regards,

Swede

P.S :yay:

Hey IISwede,

thanks for reporting !

Please note that the (optional) object pbo's are not created by myself.

So for example, the "xCam_Metal.pbo" and the "xCam_Woodworks.pbo" are created by poolpunk.

Please send a PM to poolpunk and report this error. Thanks.

Please do not press [ESC] during you have any object selected or any function is running. That's basicly not a good idea.

But I will try to find a simple solution within the first update.

Thanks.

Silola

*And yes, please report all the bugs here*

Edited by Silola

incredible to see this released! thank for hard work and an amazing tool!

Quick bug report for ya Silola.

When selecting objects, if you happen to press the Alt key before you try and move the object, it kinda breaks it and you have to reselect it before it's able to be moved.

Other than that, loving the work you've done!

Silola, this is absolutely fantastic work! I spent about 10 hours creating a small town using the BI tools before, I just remade it with far more detail in about 30 minutes with this. You've given the terrain building community more than we can thank you for, this is simply the most outstanding tool for designing terrains. Thank you so much for your efforts, hopefully seeing some great terrains built using X-Cam will give you the satisfaction you've given us.

Quick bug report for ya Silola.

When selecting objects, if you happen to press the Alt key before you try and move the object, it kinda breaks it and you have to reselect it before it's able to be moved.

Other than that, loving the work you've done!

Hi ExiledGamer,

sorry, but I can't reproduce this bug. Is it possible to explain the steps in more detail ?

Thanks

Silola

Edited by Silola

Congratulations. God Job

I wonder if I can change the function of the SHIFT key, as I can not use in X-CAM

SHIFT closes window edit when I'm editing

I can either use SHIFT in conjunction with another key, for example SHIFT + Q

any solution?

sorry for my BAD uk

Hi ExiledGamer,

sorry, but I can't reproduce this bug. Is it possible to explain the steps in more detail ?

Thanks

Silola

Potentially related:

I had some trouble with the secondary movement mode, if I hit B then the camera detaches as expected but there's something strange going on where sometimes the object refuses to move/copy/interact as expected. I've noticed that if I enter the secondary mode and immediately interact with the object it responds, but as soon as the first input is over it seems to stop. Unfortunately I don't have any more specific repro steps, but I'll be playing around with it more today so I'll report back if I figure out what's happening.

Really impressed with this by the way! The UI alone is excellent, but the functionality is comparable to that offered by professional level design tools I've used before. I hope Moricky and team see this and take some notes for the 3D editor ;)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Silola;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

banner-420x120.png

@Silola;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hi kecharles28,

what exactly is "iniDBI X Cam" ??

Because code34 has created "iniDBI" and it's not created by me and it's allready available:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167927-iniDBI-Save-and-Load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases!

Thanks for X-Cam download link :)

Silola

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/f94fb7d5-4d2c-47a5-8a46-89724fcf65bf/logos/banner-420x120.png

@Silola;

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/dd538a8d-078e-468c-87ea-c351131b495f/logos/banner-420x120.png

@Silola;

Incoming potentially silly question.

Here's one that I haven't been able to see on the tutorials (either that or I missed it while I was alt+tabbed) - can you set the pitch of an individual object via X-Cam? For example, I'd like to set a butane canister to lie on its side rather than standing neatly on its base.

Many Thanks SilentSpike :)

if u press the key, then the selectd object is still selected and the blue boundingbox is visible until u press the spacebar.

In this "mode" the copy behaviour for example is different, because u are not able to copy this object along the boundingbox anymore.

That means, if u press the [C] key to copy this object, then the new object is created at the same position as the original object

and at the first moment u can't see the new object.

Press and hold down the LMB and move your mouse to find a new position for the new object.

Press [C] again to create another copy aso. Double-left-click any other saved object to select this object. Press spacebar to exit this mode.

It's normaly simple and designed to have the camera detached from the object ... so sometimes it's better to control the object by using this mode.

Silola

Potentially related:

I had some trouble with the secondary movement mode, if I hit B then the camera detaches as expected but there's something strange going on where sometimes the object refuses to move/copy/interact as expected. I've noticed that if I enter the secondary mode and immediately interact with the object it responds, but as soon as the first input is over it seems to stop. Unfortunately I don't have any more specific repro steps, but I'll be playing around with it more today so I'll report back if I figure out what's happening.

Really impressed with this by the way! The UI alone is excellent, but the functionality is comparable to that offered by professional level design tools I've used before. I hope Moricky and team see this and take some notes for the 3D editor ;)

Hey Silola, I figured out what the problem I was having is. It seems that when I try to use the alt key in secondary movement mode it stops all ability to move the object. Is this intentional?

Hi kecharles28,

what exactly is "iniDBI X Cam" ??

Because code34 has created "iniDBI" and it's not created by me and it's allready available:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167927-iniDBI-Save-and-Load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases!

Thanks for X-Cam download link :)

Silola

Greetings,

I was not really sure how to add this best, your iniDBI differs from the original one, thus it would not really work to add it as a dependency, unless it would not matter ?

Please let me know if it would also work if one would just use the original iniDBI as a Dependency without changing the files.

also Sickboy informed me that there are ways to keep the DLL file within the mod folder and not move it to the ArmA root directory. This way players could directly use your mod without the need of moving files.

Best regards

Thank you a lots for your works :p

But I have a problem, when I add a building like "xcam_i_House_Big_01_V1_F", I'm not able to open doors. I tried to export as .sqm and .sqf, but it's still unable. Did I forget to do something?

Here's one that I haven't been able to see on the tutorials (either that or I missed it while I was alt+tabbed) - can you set the pitch of an individual object via X-Cam? For example, I'd like to set a butane canister to lie on its side rather than standing neatly on its base.

I was wondering about the same thing. It would be awesome.

Also; is it possible to delete map objects (not placed ones)? Like with hideObject?

Thank you a lots for your works :p

But I have a problem, when I add a building like "xcam_i_House_Big_01_V1_F", I'm not able to open doors. I tried to export as .sqm and .sqf, but it's still unable. Did I forget to do something?

I have the same issue with all doors on containers and houses.

Looks totally awesome, great work as usual Silola & Co!

/KC

I have the same issue with all doors on containers and houses.

Make sure that you both are turning on Simulation when placing objects, or when exporting.

the xcam_xxx objects only have a very basic config. so they mostly are better looking bricks ... these objects / the editor upgrade is mostly aimed for terrain building.

if you want to use the xcam for missions you better use the proper configured vanilla objects (or from other addons). and in addition you wont have any dependencies in the mission so people dont need to install the xcam to play that mission.

Not a silly question. :)

This is not implemented because there is no working import of pitch/bank to terrainbuilder at the moment, it always ran into problems/misplacement.

Maybe pitch/bank will come in a future version at least for mission builders(, but only one man knows :D).

Edited by t-800a

the xcam_xxx objects only have a very basic config. so they mostly are better looking bricks ... these objects / the editor upgrade is mostly aimed for terrain building.

if you want to use the xcam for missions you better use the proper configured vanilla objects (or from other addons). and in addition you wont have any dependencies in the mission so people dont need to install the xcam to play that mission.

Ok, but I tried to copy an existing building from Altis(not xcam_xxx object), and I'm not able to open door...

Ok, but I tried to copy an existing building from Altis(not xcam_xxx object), and I'm not able to open door...

What ExiledGamer said:

Make sure that you both are turning on Simulation when placing objects, or when exporting.

What ExiledGamer said:

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledGamer View Post

I tried with and without, and I export with enable simulation true