mfz

[SP] Operation Wolf

OperationWolf.jpg
Operation Wolf
by
MFZ

Description:
Operation Wolf is a lone wolf stealth mission with a custom coded behavior system, intel system, and HUD. I won't get into how everything works. If I explained how I coded the behavior and intel system, it'd be like 5 paragraphs. If you wanna know specifics about how the intel system works or anything like that, post the question in the thread for this mission and I'll answer you in detail.

Features:
Custom Stealth/Intel System
Custom AI Behaviour/Movement System
Custom Information HUD
Custom Detailed Stats at Debriefing
Random AI Patrol Paths ( Over 800 different starting placement / path positions )
Random Weather and Time of Day
Removed Default AI Gear
Random AI weapons

Installation:
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Missions folder.

Media:
This video demonstrates how dynamic this little mission is.

Detailed Stats Example
dStatsExample2.jpg

Change log:

Planned

- remove the debug info from OSD

- tweak Z-Wolf Engine

- improve OSD

0.5b -> 1.0

Cleaned up code..  and probably some other minor changes that I can't remember because I forgot to release this last year..

0.1b -> 0.5b
AI Behaviour / Stealth System
- Improved the code responsible for placing AI inside buildings.
- Once any of the AI fire a round at the player, all other AI go from SAFE to STEALTH, from standing to crouching, and change their waypoint from patrolling to SEEK AND DESTROY even if their knowsAbout is 0. The same is true when the player fires without a suppressor. This is a big change because it levels the playing field. The AI won't know too much too quickly ( like in Beta 0.10 ) yet they are not completely unaware. This replaced parts of the behaviour / stealth system that were causing enemy intel to hit 100% too quickly.

OSD
- When the above happens, an exclamation mark will appear next to 'enemy intel' in the OSD.
- Made the red font a lighter color for easier readability.

OTHER
- Player starts with a silenced Vermin with mini red dot sight and a silenced 4-five with mini red dot sight.
- Chose a more interesting and larger location.
- Pressing numpad 8 at any time makes it a night mission.

0.01a -> 0.1b
fixed AI behaviour transition bug
AI will sometimes spawn inside buildings
player firing without silencer is more noticeable by AI
more variety for AI patrol routes
added 2 more AI units

Notes:
The mission will never play out the exact same way twice. Although, I haven't done it yet, I believe I coded it so it's possible to kill all 10 enemies without them firing a shot at you. In other words, you can take 'em all out without alarming them using a suppressed weapon, but you'd have to play it perfectly and that isn't easy because the AI are always in different places when you start the mission ! It's a true challenge.

Download Link:
Operation Wolf 0.5b

Operation Wolf 1.0

Edited by mfz

Love just how dynamic this mission is, keep it up. 

Thank you!  I just released version 1.0.  I revised the first post with a link and a video demonstrating how dynamic this mission is.

i'll check it out!

Thanks!

I'm working on the next version now.  The improvements will be very drastic..