Sign in to follow this  
the_bandit_NL

Creating a unit pack

OK so after playing with arms 3 arsenal I was able to export and save all the units info. Now I want to make it into a pack on the Bluefor side. How do I do that? Can some one give me a link to the tools.

All you need is notepad as it will be entirely config work. Though the format in which the information is exported is only really of use in the editor, as the syntax is completely different for making an addon from the information.

It will however have provided you with all the relevant classnames. All you need do is slot them in where required. I haven't done any unit config work for ArmA3, but I know its a bit more complex compared to ArmA2 (with regard to defining what uniform items and equipment the units have as well as backpacks etc). I'm sure there will be tutorials for such things.

EDIT: Found one - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148130-Arma3-Characters-Modding-Tutorial

Edited by Jackal326

My advice would be to download a unit pack mod and open it to view the layout of a unit pack config so you can see how to write your own for your editor units.

My advice would be to download a unit pack mod and open it to view the layout of a unit pack config so you can see how to write your own for your editor units.

do you have a link to a program that can open a file ?