spad

WW2 Pacific War Mod 1.1 released

47 minutes ago, superdude22 said:

Is the mod still being updated?

Aww man...thought there was. Your post got my hopes up, dude. lol I saw a new post and flipped out.

Sorry for this bump, but I need to ask a question:

Could I perhaps utilize the Flamethrower for C&C Brotherhood Rising? I think it'd be awesome to use it with the Nod soldiers. :) If I can use it, I can also make the Chem Sprayer variant. I'm going to try and do some remodeling or merging different parts together to make Flamethrower/Chem Warrior infantry. The flamethrower here seems perfect to use. Or perhaps even help me make my own?

• Like 1

no sorry no update for the moment and revan you can use everything you need from my mod for you C and conquer mod ;)

• Like 2

On 2. 4. 2015 at 10:41 AM, spad said:

Hi, i have problem, when i extract all files into game folder and run the game, it crash. (When i was extracting, there was some duplicate files and i dont know, if i have to remove the old, the new or do nothing)

To some my friends it is working and to some not (we have it on steam)

57 minutes ago, SolidOdin3091 said:

Did you have an older version installed? Or is this a new installation? If there are duplicate files, that typically means you're trying to overwrite the older files. So you should make sure you don't have an older version there.

Still Alive ?

I have download your mod and i turn's out to be good. I waiting more mission to play. Please keep working on this mod!!.

Also can you add a Sub or Patrol Torpedo Boat ?

An updated 1.2 mod near release in August of 2019.

Alot of bugs worked out.

New scripts, unit (soldier) types.

The ships were not addressed atm, sorry just not enough time to make all the changes.

Perhaps in 1.3.

If I have time I will try and make missions using Island Addons:  Hiiu or Huii can never remember the name., HC Para's Islands (HC1 Meekong, HC1 Lonsang), Jungle Malden and Jungle Everon.  If I can't get the missions done in time I will release later after the mod release.

All for now. I'm gonna disappear from forums for a couple of months so no contact till August.

~WW2Weasel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok releasing mod version 1.28 - it has alot of bug fixes.

I stopped working on the pacific mod in early June, I was hoping to get some more time and it just doesn't look like I can squeeze any more time in.

Now I haven't quit on the mod, it's just finding time motivation and energy to drive on.

Perhaps next summer an updated version may appear in this thread or not.

I have some missions nearly done if I can find time I will try and get some in before xmas.

I will collect a few islands later so if you would like to play the missions I make, I will make a missions and Islands folder - so hopefully no one has to hunt for addons.

without any further ado here is the link updated to 1.29:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TMKAW0FeI1jmLEmd34M_BWgndCyHlm17

Edited by ww2weasel
Updating download link.
  • Like 1

In the possible next version have you considered adding chinese, french commando, or burmese troops and pro-japanese governments like manchukuo troops to expand the area the mod covers?

Will early war USMC or U.S army be added too?

And I'm not sure if this is just on my end but the british valentine tank has an error when loading

Indian 25pdr gives error about setting commander face

USMC Engineers both regular and utility being set to player cause an infinite loading screen

Sappers seem to also cause infinite loading screens

USMC raider squad leader thompson (normal and utility) causes model error

B-24 (multi turret) gives script error about action stations

Indian troops have untextured white hands

USMC have missing textures when wounded

Also certain missions ask for usnavyship; nkhole, and ww2chinainfantry

Sorry if i'm saying or asking for too much!!

I do have chinese and mongols, but later down the road. I'm not going to introduce till I finish up other things. They are almost a mod unto themselves.

The french commandos and manchukuo - perhaps.

Hmm shoot, thought I cleaned up some of those bugs already. Especially the Indian white hands.

Well when I get around to doing the new missions I will address them.

Thanks for the bug list I can't fix what I don't know is broken.

if you know how to depbo a mission - chop out ww2chinainfantry from intro if it applies and mission heading for unit in the addons name section. Then pbo the mission and the problem should be solved.

nkhole is a 3rd party addon. I will add an additional folder including 3rd party addons useful for pacific mod later.

usnavyship might be a 3rd party addon I was testing - not sure?

Example from mission.sqm

class Mission
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "WW2chinainfantry",       <--- Delete this line
        "soljap",
        "up_ww2"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "WW2chinainfantry",     <--- Delete this line
        "soljap"
    };

Just checked back on this mod after a few years. Nice to see it was updated fairly recently, loving the unit variety. Would love an Islands addon folder. Although I have it, I am slightly annoyed that I need to have 1.99 to use some of the units, since I mostly use 1.96 for reasons.

Last Note: Can't access the mission files, because they require an addon "chinaww2infantry" that is not in the mod.

Edited by Agalloch
To notify maker of mod of an error

If you edit the mission.sqm file and remove  "chinaww2infantry" from the required addons section at the beginning of the file it may work for you then.

I am slightly annoyed that I need to have 1.99 to use some of the units, since I mostly use 1.96 for reasons.

As far as Pacific war mod:

As far as 1.99 - I guess I can check all addons and edit configs to version 1.96.  It's not a big deal.

Is the mod still being updated? 

Yes, but I'm currently keeping up a promise to King Tiger to make missions for IOE.  Once done I will revert back to Pacific mod.

Anyone who wants to port missions to their websites are allowed. Any edits to scripts etc.. allowed.   

Pacific War Mod:
I did some recent updates. I will upload what I have done for now.  It's just a few things based off superdude22 findings. 
Not sure if I got them all addressed - white hands.  1.99 to 1.96 - not addressed yet.
Also to Benny:
I have your unfinished KNIL units and weapons.  I will incorporate them into the Pacific mod with your blessings of course.  Make missions, etc...
Go 5 posts up to get download link for 1.29.

A WW2 Pacific mod version 1.30 is in the works.

Some bugs cleaned up - introduction of Filipino resistance fighters and a few missions will be upcoming.

This will all be released when I have the chance to finish it up.

Real life first then the mod.

I have come across new bugs with each new version of windows. It's really annoying!

Omce I wes ready to release a year ago but these new bugs are just taxing my resolve to continue.

Missing face textures and other annonalies not encountered in earlier versions of Windows.

Don't really have the time to invest into troubleshooting as yesteryear.

Just need to step back take a deep breath and ask myself is it worth it.

Love the game, but need to think things over.  

If I get a second wind, I'll move forward with 1.30.

On 10/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, ww2weasel said:

A WW2 Pacific mod version 1.30 is in the works.

Glad to see you're still working on this after so long, it'll be interesting to see the new assets in 1.30 when it is released.

I've been working on Filipinos and making missions for them.

Also I have to ask my filipino friends to voice act for me in their native tongue.

While making missions - I did see some areas that needed a slight bit of editing - both the config and models.

Also if anyone has knowledge of abandoned models for ww2 let me know.   send email to ww2_weasel@yahoo.com

Example: I came across KNIL models that were abandoned - I will be incorporating them in with the Pacific mod - but as 3rd party addons and give proper credits to designer.

It would also be nice to have the designer seeing his models get used by Fans of cold war crisis.

Also the DAK mod had some ships and planes that could be useful in a pacific theatre.

And there is the Chinese models, and missions that will be added in time.  So early Manchurian Japanese, Chinese: Nationalists, Communists and Warlord Armies.

I reworked the P40 for use in Pacific Mod, it came from the DAK mod - I also picked up where Bielow left off on the WW2 Italian Front mod.

I will be contacting Faguss so he can make available on his website. On another note he received 112 Missions from the WH40K team I had them all in a mission repository so if you're a fan of the WH40K mod - head over to faguss's site for download.

On 10/10/2021 at 1:14 AM, ww2weasel said:

I've been working on Filipinos and making missions for them.

Also I have to ask my filipino friends to voice act for me in their native tongue.

While making missions - I did see some areas that needed a slight bit of editing - both the config and models.

Also if anyone has knowledge of abandoned models for ww2 let me know.   send email to ww2_weasel@yahoo.com

Example: I came across KNIL models that were abandoned - I will be incorporating them in with the Pacific mod - but as 3rd party addons and give proper credits to designer.

It would also be nice to have the designer seeing his models get used by Fans of cold war crisis.

Also the DAK mod had some ships and planes that could be useful in a pacific theatre.

And there is the Chinese models, and missions that will be added in time.  So early Manchurian Japanese, Chinese: Nationalists, Communists and Warlord Armies.

I reworked the P40 for use in Pacific Mod, it came from the DAK mod - I also picked up where Bielow left off on the WW2 Italian Front mod.

I will be contacting Faguss so he can make available on his website. On another note he received 112 Missions from the WH40K team I had them all in a mission repository so if you're a fan of the WH40K mod - head over to faguss's site for download.

pls help me ,how can i download the mod?

On 4/2/2015 at 10:41 AM, spad said:

After several month, this is the last Version of the Pacific War Mod (437 Mo):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdw66eufez24mtf/pacificV1.1.rar?dl=0

Please Read the Readme for Credits, Installation and Use.

The mod comes with 9 missions (fully tested) for Anzac, USMC, Japan Forces, US airforce and experimental japan fighter

The island RABAUL was made for this mod with the Sebnam object

All the Soldier use the Upminder WW2_weapon pack

I put this two pbo in the released i thanks the creator of this two Pbo for having made so great addons for OFP communauty.

Have Fun

Man i cant download it,please help!

Alright guys, I've been busy with real life and sadly It's time for me to bow out of adding anything worthwhile. I've not had the time to pour all my efforts towards new content.

Back up all your files in case you want to go back.

Here is the the latest new content:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SgZepmbc_HGoQ6KU-qzMrtvD-OZJqE_-/view?usp=share_link

I've given permission for another content maker to take over. He still has to make every effort to get Spads consent for shepparding the mod from here...

The new missions are using MCNools Islands Jungle Everon or Malden.  

D:[Your load point] -nomap -nosplash -mod=@OFPmaterials;@pac_isle_obj;@pacificV1.30

So the addons now are incliuded within folders OFPmaterials, pac_isle_obj and pacificV1.30.

Signing off WW2Weasel....

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 9:07 PM, Revan9190 said:

Sorry for this bump, but I need to ask a question:

Could I perhaps utilize the Flamethrower for C&C Brotherhood Rising? I think it'd be awesome to use it with the Nod soldiers. 🙂 If I can use it, I can also make the Chem Sprayer variant. I'm going to try and do some remodeling or merging different parts together to make Flamethrower/Chem Warrior infantry. The flamethrower here seems perfect to use. Or perhaps even help me make my own?

Ya sure/